• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Missy - v - 1st Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3677 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I got into a bit of bother with the repayments on a citifinance loan taken out in Jan 06.

I got into an arrears situation, falling behind by about 3-4 months, but still making payments ish. I sorted my financial position out but the debt was passed on to 1st credit. I dont remember receiving a deed of assignment.

I phoned 1st Credit. and made a payment and they asked for me to confirm lots of personal details. I confirmed my name DOB and address and I replied that my personal situation has not changed and they should have all relevant info passed to them by Citifinance.

They insisted on my phone number which I refused saying they could contact me via letter. They got very snotty and said "refusing to cooperate would not look good in front of a judge". Remember I had just phone to make a payment and to agree to future payments. I could not believe it.

Anyway I sent a CCA request and received a reply 1 month later. Please see attached. The last page is missing because i can only upload 5 sheets.

My questions are

1. Is this CCA legal? It seems to have all the relevant info however I read the signature has to be on the same page as the all the other info.

2. The covering letter says it is only an edited copy, should I insist on the full version.

3. Am I entitled to a copy of the deed of assignment.

4. I think there are charges in the amount that 1st credit is claiming. Can I put things on hold until that is resolved and if so how do I put that in writing.

Thanks for any help with this.

Missy

cover-lettr.jpg

Page1.jpg

Page2.jpg

Page4.jpg

Page3.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep www.photobucket.com is free and there is a tutorial link here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/165941-photobucket-video-tutorial.html - I would also urge you to report them to the OFT as what they said to you is completely out of order.....

To answer your other questions, you will not see a 'deed' of assignment, this is a confidential document detailing a business transaction....you probably mean 'notice' of assignment.....you should receive one form the original creditor stating that the debt had been sold/assigned to 1st Credit and one from 1st Credit saying they had been assigned the debt......

Also did you ever receive a default notice ?

Hi pics now uploaded using photobucket

cheers

Yep www.photobucket.com is free and there is a tutorial link here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/165941-photobucket-video-tutorial.html - I would also urge you to report them to the OFT as what they said to you is completely out of order.....

To answer your other questions, you will not see a 'deed' of assignment, this is a confidential document detailing a business transaction....you probably mean 'notice' of assignment.....you should receive one form the original creditor stating that the debt had been sold/assigned to 1st Credit and one from 1st Credit saying they had been assigned the debt......

Also did you ever receive a default notice ?

Page1.jpg

cover-lettr.jpg

Page2.jpg

Page3.jpg

Page4.jpg

Interesting there doesn't seem to be any connection between the prescribed terms and the signature page.....(although it could possibly be down the judge on the day) but if you read it in line with this -

A valid credit agreement must contain certain terms within the signature document (s.60(1)(2) CCA 1974). These core terms are the credit limit, repayment terms and the rate of interest (SI 1983/1553 (6 Signing of agreement) which states that the prescribed terms must be within the signature document. (Column 2 schedule 6). s.61(1)(a) states the agreement must contain all the prescribed terms and be signed by both the debtor and on behalf of the creditor.

Further, s.127(3) CCA 1974 makes the account unenforceable if it is not in the proper form and content or improperly executed.

In Wilson and another v Hurstanger Ltd (2007) it was stated “In my judgment the objective of Schedule 6 is to ensure that, as an inflexible condition of enforceability, certain basic minimum terms are included which the parties … and/or the court can identify within the four corners of the agreement. Those minimum provisions combined with the requirement under s.61 that all the terms should be in a single document, and backed up by the provisions of section 127(3), ensure that these core terms are expressly set out in the agreement itself: they cannot be orally agreed; they cannot be found in another document; they cannot be implied; and above all they cannot be in the slightest mis-stated. As a matter of policy, the lender is denied any room for manoeuvre in respect of them. On the other hand, they are basic provisions, and the only question for the court is whether they are, on a true construction, included in the agreement”.

Did you ever receive a default notice ?

The signed CCA agreement I received was 4 separate A4 sheets. All the loan details on sheet 1 and the signature on sheet 2.

Remember this, according to the covering letter, is an edited copy. They are asking me to confirm my signature before sending a complete copy. I seem to remember seeing, in another thread, a template to send saying they did not need me to confirm my signature to send the correct documents.

Does anyone have the link to this please and I will get it sent tomorrow.

Anyother comments on the sig. being on a separate page would be welcome.

Thanks

Missy

Hi Again

Just to add to the above post I will also issue a SARN for all information held on account by them. Can i ask for a copy of all letters sent to me as I think they have issued a default notice in the past and I foolishly did not keep it. I would like to check if it is worded correctly.

Missy

edit to suit

Dear Sirs,

RE Account NO XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/2009 in which you say that you will not comply with my request dated xxx under s.78(1) of the `Consumer Credit Act 1974 unless I provide you with a signature.

There is no requirement under the Act that require a s.78(1) request to be accompanied by a signature, and I am unable to accede to your request.

Further, I note that you have sent statements and correspondence containing sensitive private information to me at same address as that detailed in my s.78(1) request. If you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person I wonder why you have not verified the information before.

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998. The time to confirm my identity was before you sent your first threat letter.

My request for a true copy of my credit agreement under section 78(1) was made on xx/xx/2009 and the 12 working days for your compliance expire on xx/xx/2009. I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity.

Please now comply with your legal obligation without further delay.

I had a loan with Citi and my agreement was exactly the same. PeterBard had mine and he said it was enforceable. I felt that there was something amiss with Citifinancial back in Jan 07 and I did a SAR and sure enough they were adding £10 each month to my account. Correspondence went back and forth for many months, their screen shots were difficult to understand but nowhere on the screen shots was the £10 charge shown only on the statement that they provided. In June 07 I received a letter from them saying that they were sorry I was not happy but they would respond again within 28 days. Some months later I received a telphone call from a DCA advising that they now owned the account. I told them to write to me, I then sent a CCA letter, however, they were unable to produce a copy of the agreement, but I do know for a fact that Citi did hold a valid one but they never passed it onto the DCA. It has always puzzled me what Citi's game has been and obvsiouly as they had a compliant agreement why they never took me to court, after all the loan was only six months into a 48 month contract.

When you get the results of your SAR from Citi read them thoroughly. I had a devil of a job to get the paperwork from them and I had to report them to the ICO, after which they complied.

Good luck with this.

• 1 month later...

Hi Here is an update.

I sent a letter to 1st asking for a true copy of my CCA agreement via registered post at the end of last month. Ir you remember from a previous post I was sent some photo copied sheets where the details of the loan and the signature block were on different pages.

I heard nothing until today where I have received an offer of 30% off if I pay within 7 days.

Missy

• 1 month later...

OK here is an update.

Received another letter offering a 30% discount, I ignored that as before.

Then received a letter from DHS (Debt Help Services).

What I don't understand is if they believe I owe this money then why don't they just take me to court.

Should I send a SARN to the original loan company or to 1st?

regards

Update:

I have not sent the SARN yet however I received a letter from 1st today. The letter, in a nutshell, says fill in the standing order mandate or we will send an Agent to your house.

Should I ignore or should I send the "don't send anyone to my house as it is threatening and illegal' letter?

Again, if they are confident the CCA is in order then why don't they just go straight to court?

missy

• 4 weeks later...

Update

Sent letter saying "you have failed to respond to my legal request to supply me a true copy of the original Consumer Credit Agreement for the above account etc. etc. and that the account was now in dispute ( the letter from the library).

Anyway I receive a reply acknowledging the complaint with an outline of the complaints procedure.

So we will see what happens.

Missy