Am i in the clear? (Lowell Group)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Ive had a few problems but I think I am now in the clear with Lowell Group and this account:

I owe a big bank nearly £6000 and this was from 2001-2002, the last default date on my credit report was for April 2003. I have checked my report in the last few days and the debt has duly disappeared. I have never ever sent the bank or Lowell group any letters acknowledging the debt.

I have always received letters stating that I have to contact them, if not they would proceed with legal action. I have no CCJ on my credit report either.

On the 26th April, I received a letter from Lowell group:

Dear Sir,

Our ref: xxxxxx

Original creditor: Big bank

PLEASE TAKE NOTE

You currently owe £6000.

Our aim is to help all our customers find a realistic option to repay the outstanding monies that they owe. Because we are the legal owners of this debt we can be far more flexible with regards to repayment options.

We understand that it can be easy to fall into financial difficulties due to no fault of your own, but the debt is not going to go away and I am sure you understand it needs to be repaid.

It is unfortunate that even after many attempts by ourselves to help you resolve this outstanding issue the balance remains unpaid.

In an attempt to get the resolution on this outstanding issue we want offer you 3 options of repayment which are outlined below.

1) Pay one payment of £3900 as full and final settlement.

2) Pay 3 equal payments of £1,500 over the next 3 months as full and final settlement.

3) Enter into a repayment plan and pay £50 per month by Direct Debit using the Direct Debit mandate enclosed, until the outstanding balance is cleared.

Please call the number below and one of our advisors will be able to help you with your preferred option or discuss the possibilities of other arrangements.

If there is no resolution on this account by the 17/05/2009 we will assume you are unwilling to pay and we will take appropriate steps to recover the outstanding monies.

Yours Sincerley

In all these years in dealing with Lowell group with different debts which I have actually paid off, I have never received a letter in which they are offering solutions on a pre emptive basis.

Also note the difference in options 1 & 2 to what they offered in option 3, they are willing to wait 10 years for me to pay off the debt. The letter sounded like a very desperate last minute method to get me to acknowledge the debt.

Anyway the debt has gone from my Credit Report and I was in the process of sending them the statute barred letter.

But before I do that, I want some opinions whether I am in the right in the way I am thinking and is there anything I should be worried about.

Thanks – you guys are amazing, I wish I stumbled on this website a lot earlier and would have saved myself even more money.

Thanks

Badshah!

The debt is Statute Barred as long as you have not acknowledged the debt or made any payments. Send them the Statute Barred letter and see what they come back with.

By the way that is the most polite letter from Lowell i have ever read. I think they have had a slapping for all the nasty letters they have sent in the past.

:cool::cool: Blondmusic :cool::cool:

that slap must have really hurt,:rolleyes:

what a very nice letter:)empathy from lowells for peoples troubles:eek:

congrats on your first statute barred badshah,could not have happened to a nicer company.

tell them they are not getting a penny.

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

ive got a slight developement on this case.

I sent Lowell the statute barred letter and they replied stating that it does not apply as my last attempted payment was on the 17th August 2003 for £50.00.

but this debt has dissappeared from my credit file which had a default date of 28th April 2003.

I clearly stated on the statute barred letter in block capitals:

"This letter does not acknowledge this debt"

what shall i do now? how can i ask for proof? and can they use the statute barred letter against me regarding the statute limitation act?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

badshah!

What is an 'attempted' payment? As I understand it the SB stands if no payment has been made and no written acknowledgment has been given so I wonder if they're suggesting you acknowledged by attempting to pay in August 03?

Well wacky! There was a big pack of dogs milling around outside the bank...I couldn't get to the door! Maybe that's it, they're just trying to bollock you for not trying hard enough.:D

Hi guys,

ive got a slight developement on this case.

I sent Lowell the statute barred letter and they replied stating that it does not apply as my last attempted payment was on the 17th August 2003 for £50.00.

but this debt has dissappeared from my credit file which had a default date of 28th April 2003.

I clearly stated on the statute barred letter in block capitals:

"This letter does not acknowledge this debt"

what shall i do now? how can i ask for proof? and can they use the statute barred letter against me regarding the statute limitation act?

Thanks in advance for your replies!

badshah!

This is typical of the Leeds Losers. They tried to make up an imaginary payment for my capone accounts. They couldnt actually prove I had made them whereas I could prove it would have been impossible to have made them.

Anyway the burden of proof rests with them to prove you actually made a payment.

Rven if you had made a payment in Aug 2003 it will be Stat Barred in Aug 2009 so Im sure it wouldnt be hard to bury them in paperwork for the next 8 weeks;-)

It would be no great surprise if the dates and payment involved were themselves actually buying the debt 'on your behalf', if you see what I mean.

If it's SB, it's SB so ignore them, and show your contempt by climbing the highest hill in your vicinity and baring your backside in the general direction of Leeds. Therapeutic relief - but take a look around and make sure Mrs Grimshaw isn't out walking the dog before you proceed...........

Edited by dannyboy660
spelling...again.....

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

Hate to be a pain but i require more advice,

i received a phone call from Lowells this morning, i told them i will only deal with them through letters and they stated that they want to get to sort things out. They stated they will phone back tomorrow morning.

Now how can i tell them to eff off in a nice legal way? I can keep on ignoring the phone calls but if my mum or dad pick up then they will start to panic!

Hi,

Why not tell your mum and dad, that if they pick up the phone and it's the Northern Numpties asking for you, get them to say "I'll go find badshah" put the phone down and leave it there for say, 10 minutes :D If they're still there, leave it a bit longer. They'll get the message eventually.

If you haven't sent the telephone harassment letter, do so.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hate to be a pain but i require more advice,

i received a phone call from Lowells this morning, i told them i will only deal with them through letters and they stated that they want to get to sort things out. They stated they will phone back tomorrow morning.

Now how can i tell them to eff off in a nice legal way? I can keep on ignoring the phone calls but if my mum or dad pick up then they will start to panic!

Why bother with a nice way??? Just tell them to EFF OFF. The simplest thing is if you have to answer the phone and its the Leeds Losers is not to speak to them. Just let the threat monkey rave on. You can interupt them to tell them the call is being recorded as this seems to cause them to hang up rather quickly.

ODC's is right, there's no need to be polite to someone polluting your life and trying to scrounge money from you.

Don't answer any 'security' questions, and tell them all calls are recorded and logged because of previous harrassment issues.

Tell them if they have legitimate business with you, it will be dealt with IN WRITING ONLY as they have already been informed. Make clear they are wasting their time making repeated, unsolicited 'phone calls and it should cease immediately - and then just hang up.

Don't get into conversation no matter how polite and/or persuasive they may be, just hang up.

Tell your mum and dad you are being pressured by a company who are quite obviously operating some kind of [problem] and you refuse to be taken in by their BS.........and that is a fact, because it's pretty much what debt purchase is all about.

HOIST BY THEIR OWN PETARD.

Blimey it works....:-)

• 1 month later...

I have had dealings with Lowells and (I know this has nothing to do with this thread) Aktiv Kapital I know I don't owe these people money so I just ignored the letters, they will get fed up. I had been getting letters from them for the past 10 years or so, my last letter from any of them was back in February. My advice is to ignore it if you are 100% sure it is not your debt.

Hi guys,

another update from Lowells.

They have sent me a letter stating that its my final chance to pay before they pass it onto their litigation experts "Hampton Legal".

They have still not bothered to prove that i have made a payment to validate the six year rule.

In their eyes the six year rule ends some time next month so i need help on how can i bury them in paperwork for the the next month?

Shall i send in a CCA, does that mean i "Acknowlege" the debt.

Shall i send in a SAR, doe that mean i "Acknowlege" the debt.

or shall i send them a letter asking for proof of the so called attempted payment?

If write on every letter "THIS LETTER DOES NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT", will that cover me?

thanks!