OFT imposes S33A requirements on Mackenzie Hall Limited

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

News Release:

Office of Fair Trading Issues Requirements on Mackensie Hall see The Office of Fair Trading: OFT imposes requirements on Mackenzie Hall to improve handling of disputed debts

Link to Requirements Order [pdf format]: http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/consumer_credit/requirements.pdf

Any complaints about non-compliance should be sent to:

Enquiries

Office of Fair Trading

Fleetbank House

2-6 Salisbury Square

London

EC4Y 8JX

Email: [email protected]

REQUIREMENTS IMPOSED BY THE OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING ('OFT')

PURSUANT TO SECTION 33A AND SECTION 33D(4) OF THE CONSUMER

CREDIT ACT 1974 ('the Act')

REQUIREMENTS RELATING TO:

MACKENZIE HALL LIMITED (Consumer Credit Licence Number

5444071, registered office address: 58 Portland Street, Kilmarnock,

East Ayrshire, KAI I JG

THE OFT REQUIRES AS FOLLOWS:

1. That as of 15 April 2009

1 .1 Mackenzie Hall Limited will not carry out Debt Collection Activity where it has been informed, in writing, that there is reasonable cause to believe that the debt is in dispute.

1.2 Mackenzie Hall Limited will not carry out Debt Collection Activity where it has been informed, in writing, that the account is statute barred.

Debt Collection Activity is defined as:

a) sending debt collection letters;

b) making of debt collection calls;

c) the use of any other medium for the purpose of collecting an outstanding debt; or

d) the acceptance of payments offered against a debt.

A debt is considered as in dispute where:

a ) it has been reasonably demonstrated that the debt has been previously paid;

b) a request under section 77 or 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 has not been complied with, and this prevents the agreement being enforced without the permission of the court;

c ) it is reasonably believed that the debt may have been incurred as a result of identity theft or fraud; or

d ) it is reasonably doubted that the person being pursued for the debt is the actual debtor.

For the avoidance of doubt, where only part of a debt is disputed Mackenzie Hall Limited may seek to recover any other part of the debt that is not disputed.

ANY FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS WILL RENDER MACKENZIE HALL LIMITED LIABLE TO FURTHER FORMAL ACTION BY THE OFT. THIS COULD INCLUDE THE IMPOSITION OF FINANCIAL PENALTIES PURSUANT TO SECTION 39A OF THE ACT AND/OR THE REVOCATION OF MACKENZIE HALL LIMITED'S CONSUMER CREDIT LICENCE PURSUANT TO SECTION 32 OF THE ACT.

Signed:

Ray Watson, Director, Consumer Credit Group

Authorised signatory on behalf of the OFT

www.fujimar.eu

Edited by fujimar
Reformatting

great news.....

right now let hope welcome finance is next!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I personally am grateful for the clarification as to what constitues a disputed debt.

None of my creditors have supplied an agreement under s78 of CCA 74 and yet Citi and MBNA have written to state that they do not consider the debt to be in dispute because of this.

I shall be using this decision with great delight!!:D

Many thanks for posting Fujimar!! :)

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

I personally am grateful for the clarification as to what constitues a disputed debt.

None of my creditors have supplied an agreement under s78 of CCA 74 and yet Citi and MBNA have written to state that they do not consider the debt to be in dispute because of this.

I shall be using this decision with great delight!!:D

Many thanks for posting Fujimar!! :)

Yep so nice of the OFT to put something in writing and publish so we can all add it to template letters not only to DCA's but OC's also....:D:D

S.

From the front page of Credit Today

Credit Today online

Well done to all the CAGGERS (including me after this lot kept SMSing my WORK phone....) who complained to the appropriate authorities. Hopefully even more DCAs will have their collars felt over the coming year.

Two almost down - Ist Credit and Mackenzie Hall... YAY YAY