• Tweets

• I hope Lord Frost is OK. Islamists and the woke Left are uniting to topple the West ARCHIVE.PH archived 18 Apr 2024 19:12:37 UTC  
    • Ok you are in the clear. The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 for two reasons. The first is that in Section 9 [2][e]  says the PCN must "state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges ". It does not say that even though it continues correctly with blurb about the driver. The other fault is that there is no parking period mentioned. Their ANPR cameras do show your arrival and departure times but as that at the very least includes driving from the entrance to the parking space then later leaving the parking space and driving to the exit. It also doesn't allow for finding a parking spot: manoeuvering into it avoiding parking on the lines: possibly having to stop to allow pedestrians/other cars to pass in front of you; returning the trolley after finishing shopping; loading children disabled people in and out of the car, etc etc.  All of that could easily add five, ten or even 15 minutes to your time which the ANPR cameras cannot take into account. So even if it was only two hours free time you could  still have been within the  time since there is a MINIMUM of 15 minutes Grace period when you leave the car park. However as they cannot even manage to get their PCN to comply with the Act you as keeper cannot be pursued. Only the driver is now liable and they do not know who was driving as you have not appealed and perhaps unwittingly given away who was driving. So you do not owe them a penny. No need to appeal. Let them waste their money pursuing you . 
    • If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Find out here if your local court is staying claims

ICY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just phoned Luton court, and they said that they are staying all cases on their own initiative without any application from the bank, apparently I will be getting a letter to confirm this.

Megy

It would be very useful if you could post what your local court has told you regarding stay on claims due to the OFT report. We dont need to know what the banks said, we all know they will just tell us that they have a stay and that is that.

I am Hoping that this list will help in our argument to have stays set aside, by demonstrating to judges that (at the moment) the majority of courts are continuing with claims on a case by case basis, which is a fair and just way to continue.

I also hope to raise the awareness a bit, it may give us all a bit of hope if anyone was fearing the banks letters were right saying all cases were stayed when in fact they werent.

All the below seem to be playing by a case by case basis and appear to be all proceeding as normal:

Aldershot & Farnham County Court,

Blackpool County Court,

Bow County Court,

Bristol County Court,

Caernarfon County Court,

Chester County Court,

Chichester County Court,

Gateshead County Court,

Guildford County Court,

Hitchin County Court,

Hull County Court,

Kettering County Court,

Lancaster County Court,

Medway County Court,

Newcastle County Court,

Northampton County Court,

North Shields County Court,

Norwich County Court,

Nottingham County Court,

Oldham County Court,

Peterborough Combined Court Centre,

Rotherham County Court,

Salford County Court,

Scarborough County Court,

Scun.thorpe County Court,

Slough County Court,

St.Helens County Court Merseyside

Sunderland County Court,

Thanet County Court,

Watford County Court,

Wellingborough County Court,

Winchester Combined Court,

Woolwich County Court,

Worcester County Court,

Wrexham Count Court,

Croydon County Court,

All the below courts have said SOME cases will be stayed whilst the outcome of the test case is decided:

Altrincham County Court,

Sheffield Laws Courts,

All the below courts have said ALL cases will be stayed whilst the outcome of the test case is decided:

Bradford County Court,

Halifax County Court,

Luton County Court,

Southend County Court,

The situation at the below is still unclear:

Aberdare County Court,

Aberysthwyth County Court,

Accrington County Court,

Ashford County Court,

Aylesbury County Court,

Banbury County Court,

Barnet Civil and Family Courts Centre,

Barnsley County Court,

Barnstaple County Court,

Barrow-in-Furness County Court,

Basildon Combined Court,

Basingstoke County Court,

Bath County Court,

Bedford County Court,

Birkenhead County Court,

Birmingham Civil Justice Centre,

Bishop Auckland County Court,

Blackburn County Court,

Blackwood County Court,

Bodmin County Court,

Bolton Combined Court Centre,

Boston County Court,

Bournemouth County Court,

Brecon Law Courts,

Brentford County Court,

Bridgend Law Courts,

Brighton County Court,

Bromley County Court,

Burnley Combined Court Centre,

Burton-upon-tweed County Court,

Bury County Court,

Bury St Edmonds County Court,

Buxton County Court,

Cambridge County Court,

Canterbury Combined Court Centre,

Cardiff Civil Justice Centre,

Carlisle Combined Court Centre,

Carmarthen County Court,

Central London County Court,

Chelmsford County Court,

Cheltenham County Court,

Chesterfield County Court,

Chorley County Court,

Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court,

Colchester County Court,

Consett County Court,

Conwy and Colwyn County Court,

Coventry Combined Court Centre,

Crewe County Court,

Croyden County Court,

Darlington County Court,

Dartford County Court,

Derby Combined Court Centre,

Dewsbury County Court,

Doncaster County Court,

Dudley County Court,

Durham County Court,

Eastbourne County Court,

Edmonton County Court,

Epsom County Court,

Evesham County Court,

Exeter Combined County Centre,

Gloucestershire Family and Civil Courts,

Grantham County Court,

Gravesend County Court,

Great Grimsby Combined Court Centre,

Harlow County Court,

Harrogate County Court,

Hartlepool County Court,

Hastings County Court,

Haverfordwest County Court,

Haywards Heath County Court,

Hereford County Court,

High Wycombe County Court,

Horsham County Court,

Huddersfield County Court,

Huntingdon County Court,

Ilford County Court,

Ipswich County Court,

Keighley County Court,

Kendall County Court,

Kidderminster County Court,

Kings Lynne County Court,

Kingston-upon-Thames County Court,

Lambeth County Court,

Leeds Combined Court Centre,

Leicester County Court,

Leigh County Court,

Lewes Combined Court Centre,

Lincoln County Court,

Liverpool Civil and Family Court,

Llanelli County Court,

Llangefni County Court,

Lowestoft County Court,

Ludlow County Court,

Macclesfield County Court,

Maidstone Combined Court Centre,

Manchester County Court (Crown Square)

Manchester County Court (Deansgate)

Mansfield County Court,

Melton Moybray County Court,

Merthyr Tydfil Combined Court Centre,

Middlesbrough County Court,

Milton Keynes County Court,

Mold County Court,

Morpeth and Berwick County Court,

Neath and Port Talbot County Court,

Nelson County Court,

Newark County Court,

Newbury County Court,

Newport (Gwent) County Court,

Newport (Isle of Wight) County Court,

Northwich Magistrates and County Court,

Nuneaton County Court,

Oswestry County Court,

Oxford Combined Court Centre,

Penrith County Court,

Penzance County Court,

Plymouth Combined Court,

Pontefract County Court,

Pontypool County Court,

Pontypridd County Court,

Poole County Court,

Portsmouth Combined Court Centre,

Preston Combined Court Centre,

Rawenstall County Court,

Reading County Court,

Redditch County Court,

Reigate County Court,

Rhyl County Court,

Romford County Court,

Rugby County Court,

Salisbury Crown and County Court,

Shrewsbury County Court,

Skegness County Court,

Skipton County Court,

South Sheilds County Court,

Southampton Combined Court Centre,

Southend County Court,

Southport County Court,

Southwark County Court,

St Albans County Court,

Stafford Combined Court Centre,

Staines County Court,

Stockport County Court,

Stoke-on-Trent Combined Court,

Stourbridge County Court,

Stratford-upon-Avon County Court,

Swansea Civil Justice Centre,

Swindon Combined Court,

Tameside County Court,

Tamworth County Court,

Taunton County Court,

Teesside Combined Court Centre,

Telford County Court,

Torquay and Newton Abbot County Court,

Trowbridge County Court,

Truro County Court,

Tunbridge Wells County Court,

Uxbridge County Court,

Wakefield County Court,

Walsall Hearing Centre - County Court,

Wandsworth County Court,

Warrington and Runcorn County Courts,

Warwick Combined Court Centre,

Welshpool and Newton County Court,

West London County Court,

Weston-Super-Mare County Court,

Weymouth and Dorchester Combined Court Centre,

Whitehaven County Court,

Wigan County Court,

Willesden County Court,

Wolverhampton Combined Court Centre,

Workshop County Court,

Worthing County Court,

Yeovil County Court,

York County Court

Blackpool county court are staying claims automatically and NOT carrying on as normal

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

AYLESBURY COURT

case stayed

appealing

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Blackburn are carrying on as normal.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Hi there - Oxford County Court are saying business as usual and they have had no instructions to treat claims for Bank charges any differently from before the OFT announcement.

Luckily for me as I won yesterday - Post OFT and the Judge refused Natwest a stay! Good luck to all as I know it is a bit of a lottery at the moment.

List updated

Hartlepool stayed my credit card claim with citicards on wednesday

For what reason, was it to allow settlement or due to the OFT announcement, if it is the latter then you need to apply to have it set aside as the OFT case is not about credit card claims

:madgrin:

List updated

For what reason, was it to allow settlement or due to the OFT announcement, if it is the latter then you need to apply to have it set aside as the OFT case is not about credit card claims

Hi yes the DJ stayed my claim while awaiting the OFTs announcement, I told him that the OFT were ruling on bank accounts and not credit card claims but he was having none of it, citi had failed to comply for full disclosure so their defence should have been struck out, ive poosted the details on my thread groovycaz v citicards..Gc

I agree - this ought to be a Sticky now.

Also, could Baconbuttyman's post (#4 above) now be edited so it doesn't show the original list? When scrolling quickly through the thread to look for the list it's easy to confuse that list with ICY's updated one.

Hi ICY

Have spoken to IPSWICH County Court this morning regarding this claim -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/85444-jimmyboy-lloyds-tsb-3.html?highlight=JimmyBoy

They have informed me that they have NO directions, from their Circuit Judge or higher, to stay bank charge claims so ALL claims and hearings are proceeding, as previously, and they are NOT automatically staying claims.

They have, however, recieved many requests from banks to stay claims (though NOT yet in my case!) and are dealing with these on an individual basis, again as previously.

Basically then, business as normal at Ipswich County Court.

Many thanks for this thread, ICY, and hope this info helps - Adam

I do my best to be helpful, but at the end of the day I'm not a professional - please seek further advice if you're not sure. On the other hand, if I have helped, please click my scales - thanks ;)

Current Claims (all for friends!) -

Abbey - over £4k - Court claim issued & AQ filed ('Tish vs Abbey'). Alloc'n Hearing 21 Sept - Claim stayed 29/8/07.

Cap One - just under £2k - WON (just over 2k!)('Tish vs Cap One')

Cap One - just under £1000 - WON (just over £1k) Nov 07 (JimmyBoy vs Cap One)

Lloyds TSB - £3.5k - Court claim issued, defence rec'd and AQ filed; Alloc'n hearing 7th Sept Claim stayed 29/8/07! (JimmyBoy vs Lloyds')

MBNA - over £1k for mis-sold PPI - WON - approx £1500(IpswichWitch vs MBNA . . .)