• Tweets

• Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
    • Hmm, that's strange how they got my email then.  I assume the below is ok to send to DCBL, Nicky?  Hello, I am writing regarding our ongoing dispute and the upcoming court claim reference xxxxxxxx. To ensure fairness and transparency in our communications leading up to the court hearing, I request that you use postal mail exclusively for all further correspondence related to this claim. Please refrain from sending any communication or documents via email. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any questions or need clarification, please feel free to contact me via postal mail at the address provided above. Yours sincerely, xxxx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Housing have issued Notice of Seeking Possession...Serious Benefits Problems Any Advice Will be APRECIATED

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a long winded situation I had originally posted on http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/135834-dwp-alledged-fraud-co.html in responce to their current problems however due to the events of today I feel it necessary to open my own thread in order to obtain advice. However I will paste my situation here and try to break them down over smaller posts to make it easier to follow:(

I am a divorced single parent with three children, try as I might I cant get my exhusband to pay maintanence and CSA have been useless, I spoke to a solicitor regarding obtaining help from them to do this and the solicitor informed me it would be like flogging a dead horse based on the fact my divorce went through because he ignored the divorce papers so the solicitor feels any intervention via letters from them would be ignored in the same way.

Since Starting university in 2000 I have been on Income Support twice, the first in July of 2001 at the end of my first year, due to the fact that from the point of leaving my Access to H.E course and being in University no one had advised me of what money I was elligable to obtain so I lived on the basic L.E.A funding which also had to pay debts, bills books and nursery fees. By the end of my first year I was broke and barley able to feed my then two children. I suffer from migraine attacks and ended up with one lasting a week morning noon and night and eventually had to have an injection to shift it. The doctor said this was brought on by stress, the DWP told me when I tried to apply for money that I was not entitled until July that year and if I had no money to obtain a food parcel from the salvation army. They did nothing to help me.

In July 2001 I went on to Income Support and then came back off in September 2001, in November 2001 I was diagnosed with a hyperactive Thyroid which I had started to suffer with from the September however as they did not know what was wrong with me was not diagnosed till the November. My illness has meant I have had to drop out of my studies several times because I was very ill and with only me and my children there was times my kids missed school as I was too ill to take them and my oldest daughter has had to spend most of her time looking after me when my health has been bad. But I did not go back on income support and over the years between September 2001 to May 2005 if I have not been at Uni I have been either ill or working and when I am ill all I have lived off is Child Benefit & Working Tax Crediit or Child Tax Credit nothing else.

What should have been a three year course started in 2000 has taken forever as I have had relapses through the years. When my debts became so bad that I needed to work in order to get myself out of debt I gave up my studies as its hard to do a full time course and look after children and study with no support and family behind you. In 2004 my thyroid became bad and on top of that I found myself pregnant with twins and my doctor treated me like a guinea pig and took my medication away my health was that bad I could not cope and in the end I had to have a termination as my body was too ill to even cope and I required radioactive iodine to stabilise my thyroid but the treatment means you can not continue your pregnancy.

From 2004 to 2006 I worked when I was well did nothing when I was ill and survive and struggled with bills and debts especially as my student accounts had no money going in and the bank continued to pay direct debits out of the overdraft with no money going into the account.

In 2005 I fell pregnant again, I moved into a bigger home and claimed Income Support due to not being able to work not with pregnancy and health issues and once having my daughter contemplated returning to studies and completing my degree. The longest time I had been well and off medication was from October 2005 till August 2007 my doctor was always sure I would relapse, he didn't know when but predicited it would happen, I took my chances and returned with the intention on completing the degree started in 2000 so I returned to studies in October 2006.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Nationwide Won:D Benefits returned £577

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Continued...

My return to studies was filled with problems, the university took advantage of my health issues and I feel penalised me by making me do more work than was actually required hence getting more fees paid which they messed me about over making it that it took forever to get the money side sorted, during this time I did not come off benefit as one I had no money and two I had children to feed and debts and bills and everything else. I was so busy distracted and stressed because of the accumulated debt over the years and was struggling to keep my head above water, it was only my weekly benefit that kept me and my children eating and even then I rarely had £3 to get me from thursday to monday when my income support was paid.

The debt was making me depressed, I even secured loans on my car in order to alleviate pressure however all I did was put myself further into debt with Log book loans squeezing me dry, the bank eating my benefits and the uni money paying my nursery fees at £130 a week and trying to clear the debts accumulating between each pay day. My eldest daughter doesn't even ask to go away on trips with the school because money is so tight.

All in all my studies suffered I wasn't able to make every class as I was ill, stressed and not eating and not sleeping, I faced to possibility of having to drop out and meanwhile was still collecting my DWP as it was the only thing keeping my family afloat.

Then a few months ago I reached breaking point and needed to get away as I felt I couldn't afford to have a breakdown as my kids depend on me and I was slowly feeling like I was loosing my mind and Log Book Loans were the driving factor. I went away for the weekend to stay with a friend and get my head straight but took ill coming down with flu and fever for the second time in 4 weeks. I was worn out and bottling up the tears. I came home to a £300+ bailiff letter on my door, the coming week saw three warrants for parking fines, Log Book loans harassed the pants off me and I had to scrap together £500 in a week then DWP stopped my benefit and when I phoned to say I hadn't been paid I was advised a letter had been sent and I was to attend an interview for fraud along with Housing Benefit.

At this point I was that far stressed that I felt my whole world was falling apart, just when you thought your life couldn't be getting any worse I went to book a haircut for my son at the barbers and got caught in their raid on the barber shop and anyone in the shop is under the warrant. There I was feeling like my life is heading down hill only to get caught in someone else's mess.

I called CLA for advice and attended my interview I am then told I fraudulently claimed Income Support in May 2005 as they say I received money in April 2005 from LEA. I have provided evidence and called the SLC myself who have confirmed the last time I was at uni and received money from them as being 2004. The Investigating team say this money was paid to me in April 2005 as a back payment that was owed me however my current bank account was opened in August 2004 and the SLC didn't get that account number until my return to uni in October 2006...My statement confirm no money received and the only other bank account they used to pay money into was my HSBC where I have provided evidence it was defaulted and closed down, it is not possible to pay money into a closed account and again SLC have confirmed no money was paid in April 2005 and I have no other bank account other than a post office account for benefits to be paid into which I do not use. I have gone as far as to provide bank statements, experian report for the bank in question.

I have explained when I went back to uni and my other problems and why but I am not going to acknowledge or admit to something I had no prior knowledge of when there were times all I had was £3 to live on, and even while pregnant the DWP took excessively high amount of money for a Social Loan and left me with hardly anything to live on, and I didn't know I could have asked them to reduce it so I struggled paying my bills living on pittance while my gas, electric and water bill went unpaid while I struggled to keep the wolf from the door threatening to take my car and pay debt collector who came to my door and I knew nothing of CAG.

How my children ate, only I knew and its a good job I can cook because the things I had to mix and mingle just to make sure even if it was one square meal, that they got it.

I'm fighting back and ready to go :D who will be my first victim? LBL, Brighthouse.

..."If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life."

I am not here to insult or offend...just to offer advice and seek advice as all this is a learning experience, such is the cycle of life...for those that would wish to insult me for my thoughts or deeds...Stay Blessed for I know my heart is pure with no ill thought towards YOU. :cool:

Contined...Sorry MilkTrayMan will cover that now!!;-)

Currently no one is paying my rent which is in arrears now by £283.56, my home is a Local Authority property, I bent over backward to provide the paperwork to help HB & DWP sort out this mess as my main priority is making sure I keep a roof over my kids heads!!

Yet no one sees the importance in me being sure the rent is sorted to keep a roof over my children's head I have been passed from pillar to post, DWP said it will take them 12 weeks to get copies of my bank statements yet I scanned and emailed all the copies I have, it took me 5 days to get copies from the bank and I sat and scanned every document onto the pc and emailed them to the Investigating officer for HB, three phone calls later and left messages and he has not returned my call or acknowledged receiving the emails. The following week I called again and he still was not there, so when asked to leave a message I refused and explained why.

The employee I spoke with took the time to take my number call me back go through things with me and then advised me, regardless of what I am being investigated for then....my circumstances now say I am entitled to Income Support and Housing Benefit

Whilst ....the investigator for DWP told me to apply for DLA like it was something that would be sorted quick, the gentleman also advised me this process can actually take months.

After the stress I have been under I think DWP can stick their money I'd rather suffer, as the years I have never claimed and been entitled has although been tough been a lot easier than this, as all this for £56/57 a week of which I only see £18.95 :rolleyes:of anyway...they have apparently been paying my Gas/Electric but every quart my bill is still just as high:rolleyes:... while the Gas/Electric company have confirmed these account should have been paid weekly however DWP although deducting my money weekly have not been paying my gas or electric weekly.

Now I put in a new form for HB last week with all the evidence and today received a call saying they were dealing with it and was asked some questions. This afternoon my housing officer put through a letter with a note stating the HB confirm my next assessment will be the 7-7-08 and until then I am responsible for full rent plus £5 a week to clear arrears making it £75.89 a week from £160.70 a week.

The Notice seeking possession requires £283.56 but as HB wont be reassessed till 7-7-08 this will push the arrears further as the current debt is of 30-5-08 and the date stated by which court action will commence is the same date my benefit should be reassessed. While I have contacted the HB one person states I can not get HB without IS yet two other employees state I can get HB without IS:confused:

Edited by sweetnsexyenglish
SPELLING and correctin MilkTrayMan's name dont want to offend

In addition...The investigating officer of DWP said they don't have to keep me informed or tell me anything this is even though I have tried to be helpful and offer all information....That they can take as long as it takes to obtain bank statements experian reports info however when I stated that if the LEA have said they paid me shouldn't the owness be on them to prove they have as all my evidence say they have not.

Meanwhile my Degree came to an end anyway without me completing due to the University messing the LEA around with figures for my semester therefore they did not pay my tuition fee and it appeared no one was paying it so I dropped out as there was no point doing work that was not going to get marked because no tuition fee had been paid, three weeks after I get a letter in the post to say they had paid it after I dropped out which means that I missed three weeks of work and study to be in this mess now and no degree at the end of it:x makes me wonder why the hell I tried to better myself in the first place what did I really think I was achieving I should have been like others who have no goals in life to achieve and lived off the state instead of putting my health through all this stress to walk away with nothing.

Also the CLA say my Child Tax Credits appears to be short and should be £130 not £116.80.....

I have heard nothing from no one regarding my investigation and life is just dandy:rolleyes: while everyone says the IS would bring me up to what government state is the minimum needed to live on but no one wants to deal with things any quicker than a snail pace so I get that far in debt and loose my home in the process....as I told the housing office, it would be cheaper I buy a gun and shoot myself:( and no i'm not suicidal....yet

The only (uneducated) advice I can offer is that when you get court documents about evicting you, you DEFEND VIGOROUSLY. There are numerous people who will help you with the paperwork. I see you've posted quite a lot, so I'm sure you take an interest in the threads on CAG, and see what CAN be done to help people.

I'm posting this as a token of support for you really, as I can't offer the advice that you need.

I would also get the Distict Manager of your DWP involved in this. Do you know who it is? You can go to the Jobcentreplus website and make a complaint online. You posted an awful lot in this thread, so try and keep it concise if you decide to take this route, and try to put it in date order, or at least rough dates. A kick up the backside from a superior does wonders sometimes.

I'm rooting for you on this.

Regards etc.

The only (uneducated) advice I can offer is that when you get court documents about evicting you, you DEFEND VIGOROUSLY. There are numerous people who will help you with the paperwork. I see you've posted quite a lot, so I'm sure you take an interest in the threads on CAG, and see what CAN be done to help people.

I'm posting this as a token of support for you really, as I can't offer the advice that you need.

I would also get the Distict Manager of your DWP involved in this. Do you know who it is? You can go to the Jobcentreplus website and make a complaint online. You posted an awful lot in this thread, so try and keep it concise if you decide to take this route, and try to put it in date order, or at least rough dates. A kick up the backside from a superior does wonders sometimes.

I'm rooting for you on this.

Regards etc.

Thank you , I posted quite a bit here so that people could get the full picture of my circumstances and how it has come about, never been in this situation before and right now I usually have a joke to make fun of my own situation just to get a bit of light on it, and for once I am all out of jokes as I have nothing to laugh about when it comes to losing your home.

Bump...any advice appreciated

I would go higher than your local DWP office.

About half way down where it says "you can email us here"..

Jobcentre Plus -

In big bold letters at the start, make sure you say you want it to be sent to your district office. The chances are that it will then go back to your local office, but at least somebody higher up will know about it.

Do you know who your local councillor is? Or your local MP? Get them involved.

UK Parliament - Find Your MP

Regards etc...

Thanks gni03349, I have spoken to CLA who have been helpful, :-| it would appear that the ball is in the LA's hands at present and until the period when legal proceedings will start there is nothing I can do... It would appear that I have to wait until 7-7-08 and see whats happening before I can make a move in respect of my home, however as I am on such a low income she said if I pay even the smallest amount it will show intention and that if it goes before a judge as I have a secured tenancy that it would be his decision and based on the fact my arrears are caused by Housing Benefit and I have never been in arrears in my many years of renting.

I have also been sent paper work from another partner who is going to help me get my benefits so this should help:-| I'm hoping.

All I can do right now is wait and watch my arrears rise with the little I can afford to pay on it and Hope HB pull their finger out I guess, but I was advised not to worry and I would not just suddenly lose my home...I can only hope she's right!!

As for the Fraud allegation...don't know there hopefully the person helping me sort benefits will have ideas though letters of complaint shall be made as their action is to knowingly made a person go into debt as far as I am concerned as they are aware what I am getting what I am living off and where my money goes if they have viewed my bank statements.

A little off subject but I read an article in the Metro which said that the law was changing and BOTH parents had to be registered on BIRTH certificate in order to make it fair that fathers had rights but also were held accountable i.e. maintenance....This I have to say is a laugh as my ex husband is on the birth certificate and CSA in how many years have never managed to get a penny out of him because he works self employed and beats the system as who regulates what he tells them he earns and I doubt the Inland Revenue know exactly what he takes home, and I doubt I'd be struggling so much now had he been made to pay. So how does this new law help the mothers when fathers either quit working to get out of paying or are self employed and declare low earning?

ps...adding info

It looks like all you can do is wait... not much comfort though, when while you're waiting, it will cause more stress with not knowing and worrying about the outcome.

Judges who see people on benefits who are taken to court, generally order them to pay a minimal amount of any claim against them, such as £1/week or £1/month. If you can do that, the judge will look favourably on you, as you are trying to pay, and are consistent in paying (I know you're supposed to be getting benefits, but you aren't, so the judge IMO would be even more impressed that you ARE paying something). I wouldn't worry about any letters demanding what you don't have for now, but of course, keep all correspondence... you'll need it for your defence. Also (and I know this might be difficult), but send all correspondence by recorded delivery, and keep all receipts. Keep a diary of all phone calls etc... keep everything!

You know, the law states that a person has to have a minimum amount to live on (for unemployed people this is about £60/week)... its the law, so you really should try for some other kind of interim payment at least (Income Support for example).

There is also something called "Official Error", which is when procedures haven't been followed by the DWP. I don't want to raise your hopes, but if/when an official is made, you can ask for, but not necessarily get, a payment (I think it's £500 max) as compensation. That is partly why I strongly suggest you take this higher, not to mention that some backsides need the biggest boot ever made to be inserted up "there".

As for the Metro article you read... this is just another attempt to fix what was an almighty cock-up in the first place. Whats wrong with the courts ordering maintenance still? After all, they spend millions chasing people who dont pay their fines, so it would simply be a case of chasing absent parents too (I say parents, 'cos some mums are absent too... and I'm a bloke.. we're not all bad.. well, not that bad lol). There is also salary deduction available to them. The reason they want both parents on the birth certificate is to make it easier to chase these absent parents. It's just another example of the nanny state playing it's part, with no regard to the mothers wishes.

New Labour = a new name for Labour. Labour = Socialist. Socialist = the "acceptable" name for communist. Look at the colour of the party... red! Just my opinion on them, but with all these stupid laws and rules... well.. I'll stop there, otherwise CAG won't have any more storage space for all the messages lol.

Take care.

gni03349 I hear you on that but not even the judge is making any ruling on maintenance, it all up to the CSA and even after a parent does their job for them they still cant get the money owing:rolleyes: I had to track down mine myself and offer up the info but as long as he say he cant pay as he don't earn enough they are fine with that...but it was 1999 when I last took a family trip and that was to bury my mother-in-law....when my health went down hill and the doctors were playing guess who I went away for a two week hol without my children as I couldn't function with them....yet on his I cant afford to pay maintenance allowance he has been away several times the last time being march 08 missing countless birthdays, Christmases, summer vacation etc without a phone call gift or present for the kids and nothing when he comes back off these holidays abroad.

When you apply for Income Support if you have kids and don't declare the child's father they want to deduct money, you tell them who the child's father is and they still don't obtain any money from the absentee... so is that just a tactic to humiliate the parent into admitting yep I have children for a dead beat parent? As I don't need reminding I am forever kicking myself for marrying the fool:rolleyes: and often think would have, should have could have but didn't but had I been smarter I wouldnt be in the position I am in now:rolleyes:

I have wrote countless complaints to CSA...ignored, i guess they don't like knowing they do their job badly failing many parents.

As for the benefits side I will deal with CLA however I am loathe to take Income Support no matter if entitled and as I cant shift the feeling I have which is once bitten twice shy even if they say pride cometh before a fall:-|

Hi

Unfortunately I dont have time to read all of your posts at the mo but Im conscious you are looking for some help so can you tell me the following.

What is your income at present and What date did you put your new HB claim in?

If you have a notice of seeking possession, the benefits department should be putting your claim through quicker.....or has it already been processed?

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

Hi

Unfortunately I dont have time to read all of your posts at the mo but Im conscious you are looking for some help so can you tell me the following.

What is your income at present and What date did you put your new HB claim in? £160.70 made up of £116.80 Child Tax Credit £43.90 Child Benefit new claim for HB 29th May 08

If you have a notice of seeking possession, the benefits department should be putting your claim through quicker.....or has it already been processed? Been advised it wont be reassessed till 7-7-08 which is same date the intend to start legal proceedings to take possession as to why they havent paid my HB one employee said because I am not getting IS however I was informed by two other employees I dont need IS to get HB and can claim for HB in my own rights with the proper evidence which I supplied. [/quote]

:|:|

Yes you can claim HB even if you don take on Income Support.

Is it a council property?

If so, you can ask the rent dept to contact HB and to speed up the application as you have a NOSP (notice of seeking possession)

If they wont speed it up, just contact your local MP and they will contact the HB dept and then trust me....your claim will be processed asap

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

This country, imo much to do with the current government, is getting more and more bureaucratic.

The only way to fight bureaucracy is with bureaucracy.

Housing Benefits will have to have a service standard. This is because they act in loco parentis of central government and are paid for what they do, thus it should be a neutral cost to the council.

This is your first avenue of attack. You need to get hold of this service standard, then you will need your council's complaints procedure. This service standard will have a target assessment period - and I am sure yours will be outside this. As soon as yours goes past this time, then make a complaint.

Going down this avenue is important, as it could go as far as the Ombudsman - where you can be awarded compensation.

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

Esio - The prob here is that most benefit departments have backlogs....sad but true and this is probably why they are saying they wont assess it till July...they usually deal with claims in date order...but because there is a NOSP involved it should be classed as priority.

Morgan Stanley

Capital One

Halifax current & Joint

GE Capital

Esio - The prob here is that most benefit departments have backlogs....sad but true and this is probably why they are saying they wont assess it till July...they usually deal with claims in date order...but because there is a NOSP involved it should be classed as priority.

Quite true.

However, this is no excuse.

I am a very busy person. Say I am late paying my council tax, or again, getting my tax return in before the published deadline, If I gave the reason as being due to my backlog of work I wouldn't get a sympathetic response at all. I would still face penalties.

The same is true of assessing benefit claims. They are our servants, and have to perform to a set standard. If they don't, for whatever reason, then every person affected should complain (sadly most don't - not knowing the power they have, as they tend not to be used to being assertive).

Complain. I do on behalf of my customers and clients at least once a month. The procedure is there and it gets results.

On some things I am very knowledgeable, on other things I am stupid. Trouble is, sometimes I discover that the former is the latter or vice versa, and I don't know this until later - maybe even much later. Read anything I write with the above in mind.

Thank you both Esio Trot & redsonja. I have looked into contacting the Ombudsman regarding this as its not the first time I have had problems with benefits as you can see. And have even come across a Tenancy Sustainment Unit I intend to call to see what help and advice they can offer. But I dont want to be premature, however meanwhile my debt is going to grown:|

I am so snowed under dealing with every problem I am currently facing and for the last 6 weeks have done nothing but paperwork writing and emailing to the point where my life has been consumed by this. And just as I think I'm making headway something else comes up such as the Notice....

As the CLA stated that until they actually have not started legal proceedings yet the ball is in the councils hands would it be premature to go down these avenues:confused:

gni03349 I hear you on that but not even the judge is making any ruling on maintenance, it all up to the CSA and even after a parent does their job for them they still cant get the money owing:rolleyes: I had to track down mine myself and offer up the info but as long as he say he cant pay as he don't earn enough they are fine with that...but it was 1999 when I last took a family trip and that was to bury my mother-in-law....when my health went down hill and the doctors were playing guess who I went away for a two week hol without my children as I couldn't function with them....yet on his I cant afford to pay maintenance allowance he has been away several times the last time being march 08 missing countless birthdays, Christmases, summer vacation etc without a phone call gift or present for the kids and nothing when he comes back off these holidays abroad.

When you apply for Income Support if you have kids and don't declare the child's father they want to deduct money, you tell them who the child's father is and they still don't obtain any money from the absentee... so is that just a tactic to humiliate the parent into admitting yep I have children for a dead beat parent? As I don't need reminding I am forever kicking myself for marrying the fool:rolleyes: and often think would have, should have could have but didn't but had I been smarter I wouldnt be in the position I am in now:rolleyes:

I have wrote countless complaints to CSA...ignored, i guess they don't like knowing they do their job badly failing many parents.

As for the benefits side I will deal with CLA however I am loathe to take Income Support no matter if entitled and as I cant shift the feeling I have which is once bitten twice shy even if they say pride cometh before a fall:-|

Hi there! Just finished reading ALL your threads - phew!!! I don't have any answers to your mammoth dilemma except to URGE you to go and see your local councillor ASAP!!! I can personally recommend you do this due to the amazing help that I received from my local MP... For the last 12 months she, with the help of her wonderful PA, worked tirelessly to tackle Inland Revenue on my behalf to challenge them re alleged 'overpayments' in excess of £11,000. I was updated every step of the way, her charming PA even telephoned me on a weekly basis and I was at liberty to call in to the office whenever I wanted. At the outset I handed over my file of documentation and then was able to take a back seat and they did the rest. The outcome was that Inland Revenue have recently sent me a letter of apology ADMITTING their "maladministration" of my benefit with an attachment of their investigation findings, with detailed listing of each and every mistake they made!!! :) Furthermore, I am also awaiting a 'cash cheque' in the sum of £150 as an 'apology' :mad: for 5 yrs worth of resultant debt, worry, stress etc - a pittance really but I am just SO RELIEVED to have it finally sorted.:) NB. My background is typing/clerical/admin and I am well able to put a good letter together but believe you me, I could never got this one sorted - even my MP and her PA were "astounded" by the number of cock-ups that Tax Credits are repeatedly making to the vulnerable people who depend on this benefit. Anyway my 'high' didn't last too long - all of a week - due to a Statutory Demand for Bankruptcy dropping through my letterbox the other day! For a debt dating back to 1991 which Nat West sold on and many Collection Agencies have hounded me for ever since. So it's into battle mode yet again!

Having told you all this, my troubles pale into insignificance compare to yours :Cry: but I truly take my hat off to you as you are one tough cookie, I must say! To have gone through (and still going through) all that you have, you are to be commended as I know for sure that I, and many others out there, would not now still be standing. Continue to be tenacious, keep thinking of the kids (as you are) and I am sure that with the help and support of your MP, he or she will get you back on track, not to mention the support of other wonderful members of this site! Keep your chin up and I wish you all the very best for the future! Regards, Beryl xxx

Having told you all this, my troubles pale into insignificance compare to yours :Cry: but I truly take my hat off to you as you are one tough cookie, I must say! To have gone through (and still going through) all that you have, you are to be commended as I know for sure that I, and many others out there, would not now still be standing. Continue to be tenacious, keep thinking of the kids (as you are) and I am sure that with the help and support of your MP, he or she will get you back on track, not to mention the support of other wonderful members of this site! Keep your chin up and I wish you all the very best for the future! Regards, Beryl xxx

You brought tears to my eyes, thank you so much just those words alone off me encouragement and mean so much you have no idea((I'm crying now) I have felt so stressed and with my health the way it is I seriously doubted my abilities but I came across this quote..."If you have no

confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life." And I have to have faith in my abilities and not doubt myself in order to fight every problem that has come upon me and try and believe what people say ...that god does not give us more than we can bare though I do wonder:|

Thank You

I've given the tenancy sustainment unit a call they are going to send out forms though I really do not know what help they offer so again its just a matter of waiting.