Why don't people donate?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a free site.

You are not charged for the help you receive here.

However, there are running costs and we appreciate donations.

We don't know why but people tend not to donate.

Every day people tell us about their victories over banks, debtcollectors or other organisations which oppress them or try to rip them off

People receive money they never thought they would see again.

People weren't too bothered when the banks were taking their money hand over fist but now that they have got it back, they suddenly become very careful and don't even want to contribute even a little of it to the site which made it possible.

We are not getting rich. No one gets paid.

We would just like to cover our expenses and expand a little.

Please donate

Help us to help others

Please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i will be making a considerable donation soon as i get the ppi back on 9 loans until then BF im struggling to make ends meet but rest assured this great site will not be forgotten

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hopefully when the whole "test case" fiasco is finished there will be more donations (I know I'll be making another donation all being well).

I made a small donation a while back... it was the sale of an item on ebay, so the cash was in paypal. Rather than withdrawing the money, I donated it. If more people did something small like that then maybe it would make a big difference!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

FWIW, my 2p ;)

They don't donate because the sign at the top of the page just ain't big or flashy enough. FIVE big fancy images of sales promotion (books etc), one little B&W box for donations.

I've answered posts asking how to donate - many peeps just don't see it.

First rule of business - get yourself noticed.

Come on BF, get the site design sorted & I'll bet you see the donations rise instantly.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

You are perfectly correct, Locutus, all it needs is a lot of little things which, added together, would make a big difference.

Foolishgirl.

You make a very valid point. I will bring it to Admin's attention to see if it can be made more prominent.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Just waiting to see if I get the costs/compensation for a recent discontinuence... If all goes to plan a donation will be on its way relatively soon... If not you may have to wait a while til it goes through the court.;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

This site really has changed my life - without it I'd either be bankrupt or dead or both by now.

I have donated in the past but not as much as i'd like and I guess the problem with me is that like a lot of people on the site I'm skint. When we win the charges appeal and all my cases which are currently stayed are paid out I will make a substantial donation. They big issue is that CAG needs to make sure that it gets a fair share of these proceeds from the people it has helped and I dont know what the answer to that is .....

All comments are my personal views - if in doubt then seek professional advice. If you think i've helped then please tip my scales.

Maybe its because a lot of people on here are in debt and have serious money problems.

Personally I claimed back my bank charges quite a few years back and I took all my advice from the Penalty Charges site and when my money did come through I donated a percentage to them as they were directly responsible for my victory.

I note that their site was (at the time) exclusively just for people claiming back charges and at the time, nearly everyone who claimed, won and therefore the site was full of people who like me had suddenly come into a few grand, donating seemed like the 'right' thing to do.

The CAG site is a bit different, firstly because as the bank chrages are on hold there isnt a sudden glut of payouts and also most cases on here dont seem to be people suddenly gaining money, its more people who have been able to reduce or wipe out debts, a big difference, perhaps.

Just more thoughts anyway, hope the site doesnt run into difficulties though, I find it very informative and enjoy helping people.

Andy

If I manage to sort out my finances with the help of the CAG. I will defo be donating, but at the moment I have barely got enough to feed the kids. I am dreading the winter as I just cant afford the heating.

But hopefully now I have found this site, things will be on the up:).

I do think it's quite hard to find the "donate button".

I've got two PPI claims started with the help of this site and will donate when I get money back. Expect one will be a lot sooner than the other but you can never really tell.

What is fair? What percentage do people give? Is there like an average amount or anything? Claims companies ask for 25% plus VAT but a member of the site team implied 25% was too much to someone on a thread I saw earlier.

I would hate to see the site shut down as well.

I will donate as soon as I can. This site has literally saved my life since October last year. I have seen off the various DCAs, etc., for the moment with advice from this site, but I am soooo broke everything else is in arrears - gas, electricity, water, council tax, and on, and on, and on...... Anything that comes in goes straight out, and has about 10 people screaming for it.

All I can do at the moment is try to give support where I can to people in distress.

I am very, very grateful to CAG, but this month alone because I have had my barclays reserve fee charged three times in three weeks that is £66 which I couldn't avoid and can't afford.

Sorry, CAG, but I promise I'll contribute if I ever get out this mess, and I'm really trying.

Big hugs and thanks to everyone on the site team who has helped me.

Desperate Daniella xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jan4a, pay what you feel is right. I recently got a tax refund (always nice) and as I've not had a bank charge payout or anything and live pretty much wage in one day paid out the next, this was the first opportunity I had to contribute something meaningful (and it made me really happy to do so). If you make a difference to the site, you will be making a difference to people in a similar position to yourself.

DD:-

hang.jpg

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thank you cap one :D

Regarding the amount, when people were getting bank charges back we suggested 5%. The reason CAG doesn't charge is to make sure that it's accessible to everyone, even if they have nothing to spare.

That said, there are costs involved in running CAG which have to be found from somewhere, so if you can spare a few pounds sometimes it all helps to make sure the site can continue.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'd love to donate, my 'victories' so far have not given me any financial gain, any money refunded the creditors have taken it off the outstanding balances, I got a couple of big ppi claims that I WILL win and rest assured CAG will be remembered & donated to.

My latest claim against GE Money completely backfired, claim was for £300 they offered £9 which was rejected - what did they do? Went ahead and refunded the £9 to CL Finance to 'reduce my indebtedness' after being told not to!

Why don't people donate ? the love of getting something for nothing.

The trend of this site is to CCA section 78 request letters and proving the accounts are unenforceable, it was developed here and its very controversial :roll: try posting on MSE about it lol

This doesn't generate cash for the posters (and CAG) it just lets them off their responsibilities, the stupid thing is that if they did an old style charges claim they would probably get cash back too

its your site Marc you decide what we tell the peeps :)

As a practical suggestion:

When a thread's title is changed to 'won' or it is obvious from posts that there has been a victory in getting a case dropped etc. could a PM not be generated to the OP from the site team explaining the benefit the poster has derived from this site & suggesting a small monetary reciprocation to keep the site going for the benefit of others.

I think people sometimes think they have to donate a large amount out of a claims win for eg. & if you have not gained any actual cash but just got a creditor off your back, you may not much spare in your pocket to donate. Perhaps it should be stressed that 50p is just as valued by CAG as £50 or £500.

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.