Bizarre.Moogle Vs Barclays

Bizarre.Moogle
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6109 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got my S.A.R. typed up and will be posted out tomorrow 27th Feb 2007.

TTFN

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

Defence Filed, Waiting For Court Date

HSBC

LBA Sent 15-05-07, Still No Reply

Barclays

LBA Received 14-05-07, 2nd Holding Letter Sent To Me Stating Should Have Answer By 09-07-07

Must say I'm impressed with Royalmail, sent my S.A.R. via £1 Signed for on the 27-02-07 and they received it on the 28-02-07. So 40 days from there to respond :) That should make it till the 09-04-07 if my calculations are correct.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

LBA Received 14-05-07, 2nd Holding Letter Sent To Me Stating Should Have Answer By 09-07-07

• 3 weeks later...

Letter received today from Barclays. From their date taken 7 days to get to me.

12 March 2007

Dear Bizarre.Moogle,

DATA PROTECTION ACT

We refer to your letter of 27 February, which was passed to this department as we deal with requests for information under the terms of the Data Protection Act ("the DPA").

We will be sending you copy bank statements for the period requested in the next few weeks (without charge). Please be aware that statement information prior to 2000 is stored manually rather than on computer. Therefore, if your account was opened prior to this time, there may be an increase in the time required to collate the information you have requested. I apologise in advance should this delay be the cause of any inconvenience to you. Nevertheless we will supply you with the statements as requested within the 40-day time period.

We do not maintain a list of charges on each customer's account. However, the charges information you have requested can be obtained from the copy statements.

As regards of "manual intervention", the Act does not obilge the Bank to comment about internal policies and procedures. Furthermore, in the context of managing day-to-day transactions arising from out of order accounts, the Bank does not hold the information you have requested in a form that would be covered by the Act. Whilst aggregated inforamtion is retained for statisical purposes, this would not constitute "personal data" under the Act and therefore would not be covered by a request under s.7 of the Act.

As the Bank is providing the copy statements on a complimentary basis your payment is returned herewith.

Yours sincerely

pp KPD

Andrew Miskell

Privacy & Barclays Data Protection

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

• 4 weeks later...

I have used the template for Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance as I have not received anything from them. Expiry for the 40 days was on 9th April, I have given two days grace due to the Easter Bank holidays but still nothing so this will be posted out tomorrow morning.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

Barclays received my letter on the 13-04-07. As always will update once I got anything from them.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

Well after sending the DPA Non-compliance I received some statements today, just a shame these relate to a savings account I had with them!!

The original DPA request and Non-compliance have both expired. Should I resend one final letter advising sent me the wrong details or should I go for the court route?

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

• 2 weeks later...

I had a call to there Customer Relations department on Monday asking why they had sent my savings account statements rather than my current account. They apologised and advised would print that night, and at latest would get them 03-05-07.

Today I got my statements. Added up £945.00. Will do what I'm doing against HSBC, and in my prelim asking for 8% interest.

This prelim should hopefully get post out before the weekend. Will let you know.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Little behind. Sent barclays my prelim on the 10-05-07 giving them till 24th May to respond. Currentyl have not received anything back.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

Hey biz

u may receive a very standard 'sorry u are unhappy etc. we will probably respond in 4-8 weeks etc' or you may not get a reply at all!!!!!!!!!! Its not unusual with Barclays. Stick to YOUR timecale not theirs. Good luck

I've been reading through your thread and I'd like to know how you get the little picture under your name. Be grateful if you could give me some pointers

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

Don't worry, I think I've sussed it

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

I'll be typing up my LBA this weekend ready to post out on Tuesday.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

Just gave a call to Customer Relations to see how things are progressing. And also to ask why today I have received another set of my statements. Spoke to a lovely lady called Sue. Was able to confirm that they have a letter received on the 14-05-07 (this should be my prelim), and unsure why another set of statements have been sent out to me.

She has advised that there is a current backlog (as if we didnt know this already) which is currently 5 weeks, but in this time I should receive my offer. She did mention that a letter was sent out on the 19-05-07 to advise me of this 4 week waiting time.

Sue also said about them getting more members of staff in and working on Saturdays as well, and if need to mail anything directly to them to use a different address.

Due to just coming out of hospital, and about to go on hols, I will wait to send my LBA till I come back. This is being more than generous giving them a little extra time.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

• 4 weeks later...

Got a 2nd holding letter dated 08-06-07 stating that still reviewing my case and that will have a final answer by the 09-07-07. Due to me dealing with a court case with Barclaycard, I have decided not to submit another court action, and will wait to see this response from Barclays, if the outcome is something that I don't like, then a court claim will be submitted.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

I agree with saintly. Just because B's quote 09-07-07, doesn't mean you'll get anything and even if you do, it could simply be another auto response letter saying "sorry but tough we disagree".

B's has built up a reputation for delaying to the extreme including tactics of blatant misinforming, misleading and downright ignoring.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41

Like I mentioned, not submitting more to my timescales, rather than waiting for them. This is for numerous reasons, like mentioned above that got a court claim that I need to prepare for, that currently do not have the funds available to submit this claim. I will wait for the time being, but if the response is not the one I'm after then I will be taking legal action.

Why is Barclays doing this? Waiting till the 11th hour before looking to settle? Wasting more of there money.

RBoS

Settled At LBA £798

Barclaycard

HSBC

Barclays

Why is Barclays doing this? Waiting till the 11th hour before looking to settle? Wasting more of there money.

In the hopes you'll give up or mess up before they have to pay you

28/2/07

Sent request for repayment of charges totalling £2,800 (I want it ALL back!).

8/3/07

Barclays send sorry your not happy letter

14/3/07

Letter before action sent

25/4/07

Barclays offer £1,790

27/4/07

Thanks but no thanks to the offer sent

28/4/07

Filed with mcol, now looking at a figure of £3,500, they should of paid up when i asked nicely :-D

11/5/07

Barclays acknowledge claim

30/5/07

Barclays defend claim

19/6/07

Received notice of transfer to Northampton County Court and barclays excuse for a defence!!!

Exactly, you think of how many on here have said 'now ive filed my MCOL im realling cr.....[well you know] it but they continue......How many more get too scared to press that submit button and file their claim in the bin...

I would love to be able to get in touch with these guys before they 'bottle it' but I suppose you cant help all of the people all of the time...

How many people only find this site just before it goes to court? How many more NEVER find this site....such a shame..

Its a pity CAG couldnt get a link on the well known sites like ebay, Sky News etc..

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.