Difference between Notice of Seizure and Notice of Distress

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently complained to Rossendales about the conduct of their bailiff and them claiming to have levied on my wife's car thanks to advice received from an older thread. I have had a reply back where basically they say everything she did was within her rights and they 'look forward to receiving £403 from me in the next 14 days'

I included in the complaint that the bailiff claimed to have levied on my wife's car but did not leave a notice of seizure or list of goods and inventory. They claim that the bailiff completed the levy and left a notice of distress. Is this the same? It did not include any details of the car, the original charge and what was to pay. This is what was left.

FINAL NOTICE

MAGISTRATES LIABILITY ORDER/DISTRESS WARRANT FOR UNPAID ROAD TRAFFIC DEBT

I MUST NOW GIVE YOU 24 HOURS STATUTORY NOTICE OF MY INTENTIONS TO RECALL AND REMOVE YOUR EFFECTS, SUFFICIENT TO SATISFY THE DEBT AND COSTS

To keep costs to a minimum, I ask that you contact me to arrange a time suitable for us to be allowed access to your premises.

Should you wish to avoid this distressing course of action, and the resulting costs incurred, please contact me immediately on ££$$%%^^$ to arrange full payment of your outstanding debt.

I'm sure that this is an invalid levy and if so, is it ok for me to 'buy' the car from my wife and have it transferred into my name however if it were a valid levy then we couldn't.

I recently complained to Rossendales about the conduct of their bailiff and them claiming to have levied on my wife's car thanks to advice received from an older thread. I have had a reply back where basically they say everything she did was within her rights and they 'look forward to receiving £403 from me in the next 14 days'

I included in the complaint that the bailiff claimed to have levied on my wife's car but did not leave a notice of seizure or list of goods and inventory. They claim that the bailiff completed the levy and left a notice of distress. Is this the same? It did not include any details of the car, the original charge and what was to pay. This is what was left.

I'm sure that this is an invalid levy and if so, is it ok for me to 'buy' the car from my wife and have it transferred into my name however if it were a valid levy then we couldn't.

The note that you are quoting form does NOT confirm that goods have been levied upon.

Also there is some confusion with the document. It refers to a Magistartes Court and then states that it relates to a Parking Ticket. To enforce a PCN the bailiff will need to be in possession of a Warrant of Execution authorised by the Traffic Enforcement Centre !!

Where is the PROOF that a levy was made !!