Orange contract is there a way out without buying out

leo82
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:)Hello there, I have a problem with my partners orange contract it seems to work fine in certain area codes, but there are signal problems in my boyfriends area he really struggles to use the contract phone at all.

I have contacted orange regarding this problem and the said the could lower his tariff to the lowest price plan which would be £20 and take his insurance off which is £6.00 and buy out of this contract which they say is 18 months,(which I may add will cost him £200 for a service he isnt using) but my boyfriend is insistent it was a 12 month ( £160 to buy out)contract that he agreed.With my boyfriends case he never signed anything it was all agreed over the phone.

Orange made a mistake with a certain discount that i was supposed to have which I had to challenge.

I feel very angry as to why he should pay for a service that doesnt work on conversations the call invaribly cuts out on calls and constently flickers in and out of signal.

Im due to move in to this area too and I know I have 10 months left on this contract which if they were to do the same to me will cost me £200 also

I would appreciate any help

Many Thanks Leo :confused:

Hello leo. I have just recently come out of the same situation about a year ago. Basically if you have no signal at all, you can ring the orange line and cancel quoting the "no - signal" policy. As there is no service being provided, they agreed to cancel mine straight off.. they also gave me the PAK number or code of some sort which allowed me to keep my number when i moved to a new network. Be sure to hold your ground steady, quoting the no signal policy or they will play hard ball with you. I spent many days and hours on the phone trying to sort this out, in the end I had to seek legal advice and was advised as such.

I do hope this helps sir.

This 'no signal' policy is a new one to me. Please tell us more!

Or if you are referring to the part of the Ts&Cs which refer to provision of service and grounds to cancel contract, i'm afraid that lack of signal in one particular area does not constitute inability of the network to provide access to service. Mobile networks re designed to be just that: mobile. And no network guarantees 100% coverage (if you you know one that does, let me know, i'll definitely go to that network!).

From the information provided, it appears that there is no grounds to cancel the contract and break your contractual agreement. Networks have been known to allow out of contract on 'goodwill' grounds (which it appears that is what has happened to Beacon Designs), but this is certainly not a right which you can demand. If they refuse (and to be honest, they probably will) then the best route will to be to drop the line rental to the lowest package possible to reduce the financial impact of having to see the contract through.

And it's not a PAK code either. Sorry, this is giving hope where there is none. If the contract is not to your requirements, you can find someone to take it over from you.

Bottom line. DON'T commit yourself to ~ANY contract you don't require. No network provides 100% coverage, and what works best in the area you require, will probably be pants somewhere else.