Accused of Shoplifting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TKM have made false allegations that they will be unable to back up from their own tapes.

The accused's employers have wasted thousands of public money paying someone not to work over a dubious £4 allegation.

I think I would be getting my lawyer to seek an apology from TKM as they cannot show what they must have been able to show from tapes to make the allegations.

Meanwhere - look at the free money and no work related expenses. I would be taking a nice holiday!

I suspect that rather than looking at the free money & revelling in the free time, the OPs GF is totally stressed out at the thought of losing her job.

I totally agree that she should be getting some proper legal advice, getting her union involved if possible and banging on HR's door demanding to know what happens next and when.

In the circumstances she should not be accepting any **** from her employers, but re-instatement with no adverse record made

Hi,

Sorry to have came into this at the tail end but please listen up. The Police have advised there is to be NFA(No further action)end of. That is it.End of story.One of the other contributors is absolutely correct when they said that you should be banging on doors,that is exactly what she should be doing and NOW! I noted that you haven't mentioned her union involvement in all of this. I imagine that she is in a union,given her type of job etc. If so she should be banging on their door as well,using them as an intermediary between her and her employer. But it is vitally important that she takes the lead here and doesn't let the grass grow under her feet. I can also tell you that "Anus Horribilis" is totally WRONG when he/she said that her employers have probably seen the evidence,video etc. I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. She has confidentiality rights like everyone else and they would be breaking their own rules of conduct if they had access to the "supposed" evidence that has since been discounted.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I think you are quite wrong. There will almost certainly be a second review of the case, addressing the employment aspects. In making that decision they have a duty to consider all the evidence available to them. If the Police consider that Ms Teessider cannot be trusted in her post or that the reputation of the force may be harmed by her employment, then they may wish to dismiss her. "Banging on doors" will achieve nothing, but the involvement of a union or lawyer would certainly be useful when they 'invite' her to that meeting.

One last thing i would recommend and that is to find a very good "criminal work" only solicitor. You will not find one by contacting the CAB or other mobs like them. However may i politely suggest YOU fire yourself along to the magistrates court,i am assuming you are in England and speak to as many people as you can,by people i mean court clerks,solicitors who you will see darting around and,more importantly the accused themselves..

Why does Ms Teessider need a criminal lawyer? The criminal investigation is complete, no charges are to be brought. A civil lawyer with good experience in employment law could be worthwhile if things get sticky.

I suspect that rather than looking at the free money & revelling in the free time, the OPs GF is totally stressed out at the thought of losing her job.

I totally agree that she should be getting some proper legal advice, getting her union involved if possible and banging on HR's door demanding to know what happens next and when.

In the circumstances she should not be accepting any **** from her employers, but re-instatement with no adverse record made

It was solely a suggestion attempting to take the stress off the real victims.

To me the main issue here is not the accusation of shoplifting - but the employee fabricating details to claim there had been four quid crime.

So the real dishonesty here caused thousands of pounds in public money wasted by someone lying to attempt to back up a four quid allegation, in addition to the obvious stress and threats to the victim of this fabrication.

So I stand by advising to make the best of a bad situation, and have a go at the maker of the misrepresentation that caused these events once the tape substantiates.