Suspected fraudulant accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am new to these forums and this is my first post so if I am posting in the wrong section I apologise.

I have recently checked my credit reports and I have 3 unidentified telecom accounts, one with T-mobile, Orange and 3g respectively. Two of these accounts are now with Lowell debt agency.

I have never had any other mobile accounts other than o2 and Vodafone so was surprised by these defaulted accounts. I have contacted Experian who have placed a note on my file that these accounts are fraudulent but I have been advised I will need to contact these companies to get the defaults removed.

Essentially I am now at a loss as how to get these removed as the customer service departments in each company cannot even trace any accounts in my name and I have no idea how they were opened in the first place.

I have never received any notice of defaults nor any bills etc and do not know how to prove they are not my accounts.

I hope someone can point be in the right direction and advise me who to contact as it is becoming very frustrating spending my time on the phone to call centres with no positive solution. Thanks.

Dont spend time on the phone, write and fax if possible to the companies involved, if they CANNOT find your name as a customer then writ to their data controller and get the details removed from the credit searches.

Phoning them never does much good.

Hi SULLY79,

In these sorts of instances getting everything in writing is definitely the way to go.

If you're struggling for addresses for the providers in question you'll find 3's in Martin's post here.

In regard to the Orange and T-Mobile side of things I'm sure you'll be able to find the relevant addresses on their websites.

Thanks and if you need any further help just let me know.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Guest Orange Response

Hi SULLY79,

I work for Orange and would like to offer my assistance.

Please contact me via [email protected], including your contact number.

So the mail can be picked up quickly, please add 'Jonathan Orange Response' in the first line.

Hope this helps

Jonathan

Orange Response Team

Guest Orange Response
Hi SULLY79,

In these sorts of instances getting everything in writing is definitely the way to go.

If you're struggling for addresses for the providers in question you'll find 3's in Martin's post here.

In regard to the Orange and T-Mobile side of things I'm sure you'll be able to find the relevant addresses on their websites.

Thanks and if you need any further help just let me know.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

oh and thanks Lee for assisting :)