go locate fuel

alandted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

have the same ordered on 2nd december, no order acknowledgement just took our money, have called 3 times just to ask for an order acknowledgement, they said will deliver within 3 weeks, but now say early jan. they want to charge 15% for cancelling the order, have lodged a complaint with the fraud team at visa, as this company is disgusting.

Experienced the same problems as the rest of you - my answer has been to go to my card supplier, who has cancelled the payment to Go Locate and have had to pay considerable more with a local supplier as it is short notice (because I'm now out of fuel). Incidently, Go Locate terms and conditions are illegal. They have a disclaimer stating that they are not liable for their nelgligence - this is illegal. No one can disclaim liability for negligence. Thought it might be useful for those of you battling them.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have also experienced similar problems. Ordered 1000l on 8th Nov not delivered by 22nd Nov, decided to cancel, had not recieved my refund by 15th Dec. I just phoned and let it ring, and when they answered be very polite and state that you would like to speak to someone in accounts and that you would like your money back. I just rang every ten minutes until they agreed to give my refund. Then i requested an email stating how much they had refunded and when they had refunded. (once you have this the bank can case it up for you and they know it!!) It took some phone calls later - but eventually recieved this email and the money was in the bank in three days. Do not be fobbed off by their promises. Say you will phone in ten minutes to check they have done it! They got quite angry with me and told me i was bullying them. I told them i would be happy to leave them alone and never contact them again if they just returned my money!! And that i would continue to phone every 10 mins until they had returned it!! My advice is to persevere, dont be fobbed off with the 10 days to clear rubbish or they can't refund you because it is not your turn, or we will do it next week. Insist on a refund there and then - they can do it - it is possible! and will be in bank account within 3 days.

Seems like my father has fallen victim to this disgraceful act.

Once we read this thread we got onto our bank and asked them to block the transaction. They will be sending us a form to fill in, and they have revealed to us that golocate are under investigation for edit acts. I have sent golocate an e-mail explaining to them that I will do everything within my power to make sure we get our refund. I will also be filing a complaint to the fair trading standards.

We all need to chip in together and make ourselves heard. There's a fat cat who's praying on peoples good will, and from what I understand, dragging their feet with no intention to deliver. They hold onto our money and profit from the interest, and only return it (eventually) after a complaint.

Let's make sure this person gets whats coming to him!

Edited by slick132
you cannot use defamatory remarks - please read Site Rules

Hi, I had a big problem when I ordered oil in November on express delivery (5 days) but it did not come. Rang after delivery date to be told the order had gone up in price .. as I had no oil I accepted this, however next delivery date passed and when I called day after day i got the answer machine.... Money was of course taken from the visa card promptly so i was worried and joined this consumer pressure group and cut and pasted the comments into the golocate website contact email. The very next day Ben called me and assured me that Golocate fuel was a real company and that delivery would be by Friday 17th December. The oil was eventually delivered on Friday.

********EDITED !******************************

Hi, I am writing this in the hope that it will warn people about what could happen if they use Golocatefuel. This company take your money for heating Oil and may not deliver it in the timescales they promise. I think one of the other post's is probably right with their comments about playing commodities. They have a professional looking web site which leads you to believe that it is a legitimate and company. All appears normal and above board till the heating oil doesn't arrive and you follow up with a phone call. They give you the option to part with more money to 'expedite' the delivery or to wait. If you choose not to pay more you get excuse after excuse from any of the 3 members of staff Jason, Liz (accounts) and Ben, the manager. Jason has put the phone down on my wife several times when she called for a resolution.

We ordered 600 litres of oil (£300) on in Oct and after several weeks of chasing they did not deliver any oil. In desperation we we cancelled our order and were forced to find another £300 to source urgently needed Heating Oil from another supplier (who delivered next day as promised)

Golocatefuel had still not refunded the money and we are now till this morning 20th December. This is exactly 30 days since we contacted trading standards who advised us to send a letter recorded delivery to GOLOCATEFUEL. Trading Standards have indicated that this company is known to them and is under investigation but my concern is that people are not aware and are just not aware of this and are still paying money to this company in good faith right now ! This is especially concerning with the current cold weather.

There are many, many others having the same problems with Golocatefuel as I discovered to my horror (see links below). I used a debit card to pay the money but if I will never do this again as you are not protected. In future I will stick with my local supplier and pay the extra couple of quid !

What is worrying is that the following the money saving web site are actually advertising this company - I will be writing to them to them to make them aware.

Edited by slick132
Please see Site Rules about making defamatory remarks. This puts our Site at risk

Buster;3227995]It is possible that speculating in commodities with consumers money is actually a criminal offence and may be trading standards would suggest persuing them for a criminal offence rather than the lesser consumer offence

:!:

To the contrary, the "consumer offence" would be the strict liability criminal offence of misleading consumers, under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

What would not be a criminal offence is the playing of the commodity market with money properly paid to the company. So long as the consumer got what the consumer expected to get there would not be the problem, whatever was done with the money.

8)

Yes I ordered 500ltrs with Go Locate Fuel,paid for Express delivery,which stated delivey between3-5 days,on the 2nd November,with a delivery date of 6th november.Delivery day came and went with no fuel delivered.

I waited until the next day to phone this edited company,to inform them the fuel had not been delivered,their reply to that was they were having routing problems,and would get it out to us as soon as possible,ok I thought give them another chance.By the 15th November my fuel still had not been delivered,so tried and tried phoning the company,but no one answered the call,so we decided to phone them from another number,hey presto they answered straight away,explined that the fuel still had not been delivered,their reply was,we can deliver your fuel but you will have to pay us another £80 and it will be delivered in 4 days.

Do we sound stupid Ben,you broke your contract with us by taking our £226-80 for 500 ltrs of fuel that was supposed to be delivered up to 5 days after placing order,then you have the gall to ask us for another £80.I don`t think so,to cut a long story short,the money has now been put back into my account 49 days after leaving my account.PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS edited COMPANY.

Edited by slick132
please read Site Rules about defamatory remarks

Oh and to top it all now,if i order my fuel,it is going to cost me well over £500 pounds,due to the oil companies putting the price of oil.so no heating for me during this cold snap.well done go locate fuel.and edit ben,who i hope gets major burst pipes in his property.

Edited by slick132
defamatory remark edited

How silly am I??? I ordered 900 litres from this company on Saturday (Dec 18) and now have no confirmed delivery date and £680 taken from my account.

My bank have said sadly they cannot cancel the order as go locate have not witheld the goods yet.

I've emailed go locate ... .sure I won't get a reply, but I can't do anything else yet until they give me a delivery date. If ever!

Just wondering if anyone has ever got oil from them????

Feeling really stupid......

yes. was there not a feature on them in a recent tv prog i saw?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I seem to remember a while ago about a problem with a vegetable supplier called Murphys Veg, Now bare with me here who allegedly was taking the money but not delivering the goods. It would appear that the more times a company name is typed on a site such as this CAG site, the higher up the search list these complaints appear. This has the effect of highlighting these problems with a company to anyone searching the web using that same company name! I hope this makes sense. It is a pity that Golocate or is it Go -Locate of :-l

global technologies

ground floor

newhall hey business park

newhall hey road

rossendale

lancs

bb4 6hl

are treating there customers in such a way. Go-locate should give more thought to their customers during this cold snap, in fact go-locate should sort themselves out if these alegations are correct. Now I cannot condone people replying to this post just to try and get these complaints againt Go-locate further up the search list.

Merry Christmas

Just to cheer everyone, I will be taking legal action as soon as the world comes off its Christmas/New Year hols.

Go Locate are actually in 'Breach of Contract' with me now, therefore, I can legally do something about it.....

Order placed October 24th, now December 27th - buyers beware, this is a [problem] company!!

****EDITED.****

I ordered 1000 litres of heating oil on November 4th for an express delivery. The oil never arrived and I subsequently cancelled the order at the first opportunity without running the risk of having 15% deducted for the pleasure of having to cancel (due to non-delivery). After many unanswered emails and phone calls, and non-returned promised phone calls, we have at last received our refund (after the 30 days mentioned in their Terms and Conditions). I have nothing but contempt for this company, and would urge anybody thinking of placing an order with them edited - it has only led to hardship and alot of worry. I have a question which somebody may be able to answer. Should this company be subject to the rules of distance selling (ie the right to cancel without penalty) despite their 30 day statement in their T & Cs?

Edited by slick132
Edited for defamatory remarks which our Site cannot carry. Please read Site Rules

I cannot believe that I've been so stupid as to order from these people. I only placed the order on 27th December and immediately received acknowledgment but not confirmation. The money was taken from my bank account as soon as the banks opened on 29th December but no further communication from Golocate. This made me suspicious as I've never paid for oil in this manner before, so belatedly did a web search on them only to come across this forum. I'm going to attempt to cancel my order as soon as the bank holiday is over on Tuesday. I shall also contact my bank and attempt to reverse the payment. Good luck to everyone who is in a similar situation.

Cariad, please let us know how you get on :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Contacted my bank yesterday who have cancelled my debit card in case this company try to take more money. They will look into the transaction. Emailed Golocate informing them that I wish to cancel my order under the Distance Selling Regulations. I'll keep you all updated of any progress.

Update to my previous post.

I tried to phone Golocate this morning without any success. Their operators are always busy. I have just received an email from them stating that this is the first day they are back in work since Christmas and therefore have not been able to do anything with my order yet. They also state that they are unable to issue a refund as the order is not yet due for delivery. I have never heard anything so ludicrous. They go on to offer me a refund minus a 15% administration fee. Even more ludicrous as they had already stated that nothing had been done with order up to this point and therefore it cannot have incurred any administration costs. It even states in their terms and conditions that an order may be amended up until confirmation of such. I have not received confirmation of any kind.

I have just replied to them informing them that my bank have advised me to cancel this transaction under the Distance Selling Regulations and should they fail to issue me with a full refund, I will have no alternative but to contact the Trading Standards Department.

I'll keep you posted of any further developments.:-x

If you want to have a go at them, here is some ammunition, (d) of The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999, defining this as "terms which may be regarded as unfair":

permitting the seller or supplier to retain sums paid by the consumer where the latter decides not to conclude or perform the contract, without providing for the consumer to receive compensation of an equivalent amount from the seller or supplier where the latter is the party cancelling the contract;
:madgrin:

Thanks for this ammo perplexity . I'll keep this to hand. Consumer Direct have now told me to get back on to my bank's Chargeback Department and ask them to look into it. They are going to send me a declaration whereby I give the retailer 15 days from the date of transaction to supply the goods or refund me in full.

hi cariad, it seems as though golocate have really upset a lot of people lately. have you managed to get another delivery ordered as yet? i use watson fuels in cardiff, but i think they have a depot in brecon too. they really helped me out when my previous supplier let me down and i ran out, and i've got nothing but good things to say about them. might be worth a try if you're still looking.

It looks as most of you have already reported this company to Consumer Direct or Trading Standards.

But, if any of you have not and you're awaiting a refund, please complain now and refer CD or TS to this thread.

Pursue for a refund through your bank's fraud department and refer the bank to this thread as well.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

BEWARE - Go locate owe me £780.11 since 4th November !!! Absolutely agree with everyone - what a bunch of edits. I formally cancelled my order by phone and an email to 'Ben Miles' (plus had to listen to the rubbish about a 15% cancellation charge which is not in their terms and conditions - SO NOT LEGAL). Go locate confirmed receipt of my cancellation in an email to me same day (surprisingly effecient). They said I had to wait 30 days, making it about 19th December. No refund received by 30th Dec so contacted my Credit Card Company on 6th Jan. Bless 'em, they phoned go locate who said they had been unable to deliver and would cancel the order today, and would refund the money in 30 days.

It's obviously a edit and despite my trying to tell the Credit Card Co. about my experience and the numerous other complaints about this company they didn't want to hear my warning. The only good thing is that if the money is lost it's the Credit Card Co who will lose and the account I have with them is currently at 0% interest so no loss to me at all. Go Locate should be shut down - they appear to be real amateurs even at editing.

FredandLes.

Edited by slick132
please refrain from using defamatory language - it puts our site at risk