• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Car Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you

you are very welcome:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Does anyone know the law on how long these places are supposed to keep this information? are they allowed to destroy it after a certain time limit making a claim useless as the relevant information has been

destro:???: yed?

• 4 months later...

Hi

I requested my data subject access report from this company a few months ago, sent them my £10 cheque which has been cashed, but never received the report. I am disputing the PPI they gave me on a car I took out with them. I have now looked at my credit report and they have informed them that I have missed payments. Can anyone help? Can I contact anyone to help remove these defaults and get my data access report.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I requested and paid for the above in June this year from Welcome Finance. They did not supply this and I have sent them a 7days to respond letter from this site and they still haven't replied. Does anyone know what action I should take now?

Hi

I requested and paid for the above in June this year from Welcome Finance. They did not supply this and I have sent them a 7days to respond letter from this site and they still haven't replied. Does anyone know what action I should take now?

Hello Tracy,

First thing are you sure that they received it. Did you send it recorded delivery and have you checked on the Royal Mail Website to see if you got proof of delivery. Did they cash the cheque/postal order.

If yes to all the above questions, you must report them to the Information Commissioners Office as soon as possible, for them to chase it up.

The other option is to issue a N1 via the court to get it from them.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

After sending Welcome the template letter from this site giving them 7 days to comply with my request, I have now received a letter from Welcome stating if I want a SAR then I need to give them £10. They clearly haven't read my letter and the cheque was cashed by them in June.

Can I proceed with court action against them? I haven't complained to the Information Commissionar as their website basically says they have no authority, but can only remind them. I really hate this company with a passion and want to take them all the way.

Hi

I sent Welcome Finance a request and my £10 cheque all sent via recorded delivery. The letter was received by them in June and the cheque was also cashed by them in June, but no S.A.R was sent by them.

I have sent them a template letter from this site giving them 7 days to comply and today I have received a letter back. They clearly haven't read my letter as it says that if I want a S.A.R then I need to send them £10.

I would really like to take court action but I'm unsure of the process. Can anyone advise what the best action would be? I read on the Information Commissioners website that they dont really have any authority and can only given them a gentle reminder, so I haven't went down that road.

After sending Welcome the template letter from this site giving them 7 days to comply with my request, I have now received a letter from Welcome stating if I want a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) then I need to give them £10. They clearly haven't read my letter and the cheque was cashed by them in June.

Can I proceed with court action against them? I haven't complained to the Information Commissionar as their website basically says they have no authority, but can only remind them. I really hate this company with a passion and want to take them all the way.

You need to keep on top of them, write back to them telling the date they cashed the cheque.

I would really report them to the Information Commissioners office, They can make them comply. If everybody thought well whats the point, the ICO would never know which companies are flouting the law. so get it off asap.

If you do have to take them to court for this info, it will be really important to show the Judge that you tried every avenue, before court proceedings. It will make them look really bad.

Oh and I know how you feel about the word hate. It eats you up, so you have to be pro-active and be one step ahead.

Keep us posted and good luck

Hi Tracey, i think you may have mis-interpreted the ICO's role in the matter.

They DO have the authority to ensure you receive the information you require, and if i am not mistaken, the data protection officer at welcome, could even be jailed for failing to carry out his duties. Although that is a bit extreme and unlikely to happen.

The ICO is the way to go, and at the same time send welcome a letter detailing your previous sar, the cheque etc and inform them you are currently pursuing the matter through the ICO.

have another look at this http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/forms/ico-datap-how2comp-form.pdf

and you could even ring the hotline number 01625 545745 and i am sure they will be able to advise you and reassure you of there powers ;-)

Good luck and keep at it!

• 8 months later...

Hi

In 2004 I got finance with welcome for a car in 2004. The car was bought from a Ford garage. The salesman from the garage went through the Welcome contract with me and never asked me if I wanted PPI, I assumed that I had to take it or I wouldn't get my car. Anyway, in January 2007 I terminated my agreement and handed the car back. I did not have anymore to pay off for the car but they hit me with a bill for PPI, which they said still had to be paid off. I disputed this and sent off for a S.A.R last year, which they cashed my £10 cheque and I am still waiting for the S.A.R. I sent them a reminder and I still don't have it. I am now going to chase this up with them or should I just go to the ICO?

I have also checked my credit file and Welcome have recorded that I have made missed payments, eg. 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 etc, is this allowed? Should they not be recording a default notice if I have not paid them the PPI they want for over a year and a half?

hello tracyab,

welcome to the PPI forum. You will get help here but this PPI is a new issue and it will take time to hone the fight with financial institutions.

In 2004 I got finance with welcome for a car in 2004. The car was bought from a Ford garage. The salesman from the garage went through the Welcome contract with me and never asked me if I wanted PPI, I assumed that I had to take it or I wouldn't get my car. Anyway, in January 2007 I terminated my agreement and handed the car back. I did not have anymore to pay off for the car but they hit me with a bill for PPI, which they said still had to be paid off. I disputed this and sent off for a S.A.R last year, which they cashed my £10 cheque and I am still waiting for the S.A.R. I sent them a reminder and I still don't have it. I am now going to chase this up with them or should I just go to the Information Commissioners Office?

You have a choice Court or ICO

Complain to the ICO about the data not being provided under the Data Protection Act 1998. This is the address...

The Information Commissioners Office, Casework and Advice Division, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

Also if you look at this post 47 on my thread.......

alanalana PPI claim against RBS (looking for some help) please

you will see that I also complained to the rest of the universe regarding the flaunting of Legal Statutes of Law namely the Data Protection Act 1998 there presumable to help us Data Subjects and anyone else concerned with protection of personal data held by whoever.

I have also checked my credit file and Welcome have recorded that I have made missed payments, eg. 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 etc, is this allowed? Should they not be recording a default notice if I have not paid them the PPI they want for over a year and a half?

You will need more experience hands on your para 2 I am a total duffer on default notices (so far but things may change).:D

good luck and keep up the fight to reclaim the right;-)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

hi alanalana and welcome

hear we go again, another welcome thread

when will they learn and get decent customer services

i take it you were never told the ppi would be front loaded

may i ask how much are they saying you owe

welcome are very bad at complaints and will ignore you, you just have to use the correct legal jargon to get anyware with them

above all there is light at the end but will take time and many letters

Edited by saintly_1
correcting users username

postggj

hi alanalana and welcome

please get the handle right!

aa

Edited by saintly_1
same reason as above

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

postggj,

Not happy with the response just to say post reported as unacceptable.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

postggj

Thank you for editing you posts

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi and many thanks for your reply. No I wasn't asked if I wanted to take the PPI and they want something like £660 which is recorded as missed payments on my credit file. I never knew anything about the PPI until I VT'd the car. My dad died suddenly last year so as you can imagine chasing Welcome re the SAR was not one of my priorities, but now I want to buy my dads house and this on my credit file is not helping me.

hi tracy

i take it you have looked at the many welcome threads

i kid you not, welcome are notoriouse to deal with

letters get lost,etc

before you go any further put a complaint into the fos, for a start that will cost them £400

there have been a few welcome threads where the fos have made welcome refund the ppi as they have the power to do it

the fos takes time but give it a go to start with as they are fully aware of the tacticts of welcome finance

Hi Postggj

Thanks for your quick reply. Should I also tell FOS about Welcome not sending me my SAR. I want to claim the PPI back but without the SAR I don't know how much this amounts to and I also want the missed payments recorded on my credit file removed. I know from previous experience with the FOS that they wont help with any default notices etc. as they would not make Capital One remove a default from my credit file although they helped win my charges back, but I can't take the charges without the default notice being removed as I would have had to sign the statement of full and final offer.