• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

IB50 confused

Helen2264
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mine came from dwp thats why it was so confusing, as one dept said an old form and not relelvant and other dept said fill it in or benefits will stop. Probably in cases such as ours they are using the old form still and also atos.

Could you see if have welfare rights or cab near you if need help with it? they are angels. xx

Yes it was very confusing indeed because I received a letter dated 7/08/10 from DWP about my Income then another from Atos Origin mentioning about IB50. There isn't any welfare rights office in my area and cab is not that good they are snowed under with benefit queries welfare rights has closed down surprise, surprise I have since rang the dwp about the IB form and has been given until 8th september to send the form back so that gives me some breathing space to fill in the form I am not expecting anything anyway I am sure to fail the medical like thousands of others so we shall see.

take care xx

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ATOS can't stop someone's benefit as such - they're not a government department. If you are required to complete an IB50 and don't, ATOS will inform the IS/IB sections at the Jobcentre office that pays your claim.

That office would then contact you to ask if you have good reason for failing to return the form. If they're not satisfied with your reason, they will probably stop your payments.

I've never heard of a law requiring a name to be given on such letters, but I've been wrong before. If you could point me to this law that would be useful.

Any letter anyone write to any person by Law a name must be given and the letter must be signed because if a letter is not signed one can denied such letter exist nor have they send it as well as the recipient can denied that they have received the letter at all. Atos use a lot of generated computerised letters therefore not any one person can be responsible for sending such a letters. I would have think even with Atos should one take matter in a Law case yes such a letter must be named and signed I warrant Atos knows full well a claimant would be ringing the DWP to query with regards to a letter from Atos therefore do not bother to named or signed any letter. I am aware Atos cannot stop my benefit for they are a mere contractor working for the DWP so I was not too worry about their fret hence! I rang the DWP instead and not them. Anyway the matter has been resolved at the DWP has agreed to give me more time as one can note the DWP has more power than Atos.

Yep correct it would be atos who contact dwp who would have the power to stop payments. If their letter did say that, maybe atos is getting a little head of themselves ;)

Agree Atos has gone way above themselves they have fogotton their station where they should be the DWP first then them which perhaps they are confused or of course money makes people do the strangest things. The form will be duly filled and send by first class recorded delivery . Oh the joy of being a benefit claimants I cannot wait to be back in good health and return back to work life I am sure I would be stress free and peaceful unbelievable all the taxes and national insurances we are asked to pay and when we became too ill to work we are treated like criminals.

• 2 weeks later...

My friend is claiming IB she never claimed Housing Benefit or anything and used to live with her mother my friend is now homeless because her mother has gone into an old peoples' home due to mental illness my friend is now homeless and are looking for a place to live the problem is her post used to come to her mother's flat and she is now worrying about any post that relates to her IB I told her she can use my address but we are wondering if that would her benefit at all because she will now have a different address and different borough she is not living with me she will just use my address until she find somewhere suitable to live and where her posts can be sent.

any reply would be much appreciated.

I can't say for sure for IB, but what your friend is proposing would have been acceptable to any ESA sections I have worked on. In fact, it's reasonably common, especially in the London area.

The computer system normally allows processors to enter a correspondence address as well as a residential address. She should contact them and tell them she has "no fixed abode" and give your address as a safe place to receive mail.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

You can do this for all benefits, yes as antone states. The residential address with be NFA and the correspondance address can be any place of her choosing

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

You can do this for all benefits, yes as antone states. The residential address with be NFA and the correspondance address can be any place of her choosing

Thanks very much Erika she is nervous to ring the DWP and wants me to ring them for her poor lady is very traumatize with her mother being ill and in a home something which she never wanted to happen I hope that would put her mind a bit a rest. One thing though I am receiving Income Support as Lone parent would that affect my benefit when I ring her Incapacity Dept for her if they ask me details about myself like my name and NI my friend is asking so many questions about what if this and that it has put me in a dilhema of unsurity. All I am doing is for her to use my address basically if someone on benefit is allowed to let someone else on benefit using their home address for that person's mail.

Edited by Helen2264

Thanks very much Erika she is nervous to ring the DWP and wants me to ring them for her poor lady is very traumatize with her mother being ill and in a home something which she never wanted to happen I hope that would put her mind a bit a rest. One thing though I am receiving Income Support as Lone parent would that affect my benefit when I ring her Incapacity Dept for her if they ask me details about myself like my name and NI my friend is asking so many questions about what if this and that it has put me in a dilhema of unsurity. All I am doing is for her to use my address basically if someone on benefit is allowed to let someone else on benefit using their home address for that person's mail.

You calling on her behalf won't affect your own benefit, no. It is allowed for one person on benefit to allow another person on benefit to use their address for mail.

Tell them you're calling on behalf of a friend - they won't ask for your NI number or personal details.

What they may well do (I would have done when I worked there) is ask to speak to her briefly, so it would be best if she was with you, even if you made the call. They might ask her some security questions and to confirm that she gives permission for you to discuss her benefit claim with them.

However, some staff at the DWP might not accept a change of address notification from a third party over the phone, so that's another reason why it would be best if she was there when you called.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

your friend can use your address as a care of address and it wont effect your I.S if she doesnt actually live at your address but if she does move in then yes it may.

To get a chage of address done, when you ring she will have to be there unless of course you are her appointee then you can do it yourself. . She will need her national insurance number etc and will have to pass security questions so the department can confirm her ID. This isnt hard and will not take long so dont worry. After getting her permission to speak to you the change of address can be done over the phone or a proforma sent out for her to fill in

If she has no residential address at all just your address, then the local office nearestto you will deal with her claim from then on. She will be classed as NFA, no fixed abode.

Is it me or the IB50 form is much shorter than what i've seen before and it's more tick boxes the questions are directed to going back to work rather than what your conditions are and suffering from panic attacks and anxieties I find the form doesn't even relate to my conditions I have other ailments with pains etc but I decided it's not worthy to bother with that.

Look like it will take me quicker than I thought to fill it in. There will be Zero points at the end I am sure but I shall appeal and give the panel what for no one is going to zero my conditions and rights. I'll need plenty of calm medicines but I am gearing up to face them I am tired of my illness myself and trying my best to recover I don't need a bunch of clowns to fob me off.

Hi Helen

Iv'e just had a look at the IB50 that i filled in in 2008 and the one 2010 and they are the same. Its just that where you put info about your MH the boxes are smaller.If you can't fit all on the form just get an A4 paper put your name ,d.o.b and Ni number ,the date and number it page 1 and continue on there.Then once form complete staple the extra pages to it.

Make sure you keep a copy of the form.

It comes in handy to remind yourself what you have written especially when with me i sent my form back early March and didn't hear about medical until end of July.

Best Wishes

Today I sent my filled in IB50 form by first class recorded delivery which is due to reach the dwp by 8th sept 2010 also today I received a letter from Atos Origin regarding a medical I was told to ring them and agree a date when I can attend the medical for Incapacity Benefit the confusion I am in receipt of Income Support and not IB. I rang Atos and told them that I've only today sent my IB50 form and why I am asked to ring for a medical the chap that answer the phone went deathly quiet twice I've had to ask him if he was still on the phone he then said I have to go for a medical otherwise my benefit would stop I told him that I will speak to the dwp on monday about why I am being asked to attend a medical for Incapacity Benefit when I am receiving IS and that I was confused again the chap went quiet and only for him to tell me ok then you may ring the dwp and speak to them very strange when I got the IB50 form from Atos they gave me a week to send it to them and told me if I don't my benefit would stop I then rang the dwp they gave me a month to fill in the form.

I shall ring the dwp on monday and see what they say I already know I will be ask to go for a medical because of the IB50 form but I didn't expect to have been asked to go for a medical now.

Is this something new go for a medical before the IB50 form have been received can someone lighten me on this.

Many Thanks

:???:

Hi Helen, you should complain to ATOS.

Here's some good advice c/o Mike Bach ( http://www.whywaitforever.com/dwpatos.html )

His brilliant website just gets better and better (unlike poor old Mike to whom ATOS caused endless suffering):-x

You can email Atos Healthcare Customer Relations ([email protected]).

I never use the phone as there is no paper trail that may be used in any future legal action in the High Court. I have used this email address for changing appointments, complaints, appeals etc. I do sent a first class letter each time.

It is very likely that you will receive an email reply which contains a phrase such as: "I am afraid the Customer Relations Team are unable to cancel an appointment on your behalf...". For a firm that boasts IT skills it is very reluctant to rely on its own IT. Maybe this is a sales opportunity for one of the other big five IT services firms in Europe to sell a computer scheduling application to Atos Healthcare.

You can then email them again:

"I would like to formally complain that you have taken no action on my request in my email dated .... to cancel the appointment scheduled for ... In line with your "Caring About Customer Service" I expect within "2 working days" a letter acknowledging my complaint and a full response to my complaint within 20 working days. Please ensure my allowances are paid in full while this matter is being considered and ensure that no further appointments are scheduled."

It is likely that you will not receive a reply so after two days email again:

"I would like to formally complain that ....".

You will get the appointment letter to phone and another one which sets the appointment date and time and perhaps another one and perhaps another one. Complain as above to each one.

First you will be dealt with by a Customer Relations Manager. Eventually you request your complaint to be dealt with by "The Independent Tier". This is refused.

You will then be dealt with by the Team Leader, Customer Relations who will always claim there are new matters to be reviewed and as such it is too early for the matter to be reviewed by "The Independent Tier". Eventually you request your complaint to be dealt with by "The Independent Tier". This is repeatedly refused.

Remember you are not allowed to complain through the DWP procedure and a legally appointed tribunal until you have exhausted the Atos Healthcare complaints procedure or die in the attempt.

You will then be dealt with by the Senior Medical Advisor. This is as far as I have got so far (it is coming up to six months).... Now at the end of November 2009, at long last, I have received my medical report. Use the link at the top of this page to read the report. You can judge for yourself whether the DWP or Atos Healthcare had something to hide. I believe it was the personal intervention of the Secretary of State that allowed my medical report to be released to me.

Regards, Paul.

P.S. You are allowed 4 weeks to return the IB50 (or ESA50). That's the law. The ATOSsers seem to think that they are a law unto themselves.

Edited by loan_ranger
added P.S.

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

P.S. You are allowed 4 weeks to return the IB50 (or ESA50). That's the law. The ATOSsers seem to think that they are a law unto themselves.

Thank you Paul for your reply and the link yes it is a brilliant website. I can assure you I will not let Atos get their way I've already suffered when they refused me dla twice over I don't think they've even looked at my form when I had the medical the lady told me it would be the dwp that would make the decision and when I receive the failed letter they told me it was the lady at the medical that has made the decision I was not well at all both times to fight them I've still kept all my paper works from last year this time round I will fight.

I was wondering the chap at Atos seems nervous perhaps they are worrying that people no longer worry about them anymore I certainly don't because they are acting as if they are the DWP and it is them that are paying the benefits to claimant. I know that you are allowed 4 weeks that's why I rang the dwp and not Atos. Atos is just a software company and other things that they do but they have nothing to do with regards to Welfares I intend to find as much as I can about Atos and when I have to appeal I shall then ask the Panel at the appeal in what ground does Atos involves in dealing with sick people.

take care

:-)

The way I see it Helen is that you must be on IB now. The fact that it's Income Support just means you didn't qualify for "normal" IB because of a lack of NI contributions. I was on IB but paid by way of IS until my "medical".

As far as Atos go I'm afraid they do have the contract with the DWP to ruin our lives. The decisions are first made by Atos and finalized by the DWP so they both have a hand in our downfall.

dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

Quite right again dj,

As far as Atos go I'm afraid they do have the contract with the DWP to ruin our lives. The decisions are first made by Atos and finalized by the DWP so they both have a hand in our downfall.

The following news item from 2005 ( UnumProvident appoints new Company Medical Officer ) gives an indication that the whole system is a dubious merry-go-round providing the "jolly boys" with high paid jobs and profits for their revolving door employers. I say this because it's becoming hard to distinguish where DWP ends and ATOS begins, and vice versa, then throw in UNUM who were the main adviser in setting up ESA and the WCA, and, they were instrumental in 2005 getting ATOS the DWP medical advisor contract worth £500 million over 7 years, I expect a hard fight ahead of us because we are dealing with a self-interested private sector in cahoots with a government (and the previous one) with an agenda to cut welfare spending for political and financial reasons.

This article from 2008 ( ME Patients in a Corporate-Skewed Drift Net ) is rather good even though the victims are a different sub-group, the info applies to all ill and disabled on benefits because it shows how business and government are together redefining "incapacity" and excluding expert medical opinion to cut costs and make profits and advantage at the expense of the disabled by saying almost everyone can work.

Look out for the name Mansel Aylward, for it was he and David Freud who we have to "thank" (I don't think so) for ESA. And who's in charge of the Cardiff institute which produced the "work is good for mental health" research study which HMG keep trotting out in their press releases? - none other than Mansel Aylward, and who sponsors his academic dept? - UNUM of course. You couldn't make it up!

Pass me the sick-bag.

Best regards, Paul.

Edited by loan_ranger
badd spelin and further thoughts

I'm not a qualified welfare rights adviser, but I'm planning on becoming one. I'm no substitute for more competent advice from trained CAB and welfare rights workers - [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/benefits-tax-credits-minimum/127741-benefits-advice.html"]see this post[/URL] by Joa, great advice and links! I've been running a Crisis Loan campaign and help since Jan 2007 . See my annotations c/o "theyworkforyou". I'm also currently interested by the recent DWP Medical Services reform and the effect this is having on valid claims, seriously - someone needs to be keeping a suicide count.

The way I see it Helen is that you must be on IB now. The fact that it's Income Support just means you didn't qualify for "normal" IB because of a lack of NI contributions. I was on IB but paid by way of IS until my "medical".

I am still in the infancy with regards to benefits though I have claimed for 5 years. Perhaps when I claimed through ill health at the time I should have claimed for IB because I went back to work in 1998 after my 2nd was born and stopped 2005 with my doctor's advice and being a lone parent I assumed I needed to claim Income Support be it that length of time working should have allowed me to claim IB I did tell the DWP my reasons for claiming Income Support and they've actually put on their system my circumstances alas! no one at the DWP told me that I should be claiming IB instead. I am learning something new everyday about the benefit systems.

No quite so by law as our human rights they are not allowed. I believe there are complaints department within Atos as I found out yesterday and of course it's like climbing a slippery slope but one can get to the top with strength and determinations but I do understand when you are ill is not quite easy as that. I have already been told by my Job Centre Advisor of the going on with the new young Recruits at Atos and the DWP dept.

Quite right again dj, The following news item from 2005 ( UnumProvident appoints new Company Medical Officer ) gives an indication that the whole system is a dubious merry-go-round providing the "jolly boys" with high paid jobs and profits for their revolving door employers. I say this because it's becoming hard to distinguish where DWP ends and ATOS begins, and vice versa, then throw in UNUM who were the main adviser in setting up ESA and the WCA, and, they were instrumental in 2005 getting ATOS the DWP medical advisor contract worth £500 million over 7 years, I expect a hard fight ahead of us because we are dealing with a self-interested private sector in cahoots with a government (and the previous one) with an agenda to cut welfare spending for political and financial reasons.

This article from 2008 ( ME Patients in a Corporate-Skewed Drift Net ) is rather good even though the victims are a different sub-group, the info applies to all ill and disabled on benefits because it shows how business and government are together redefining "incapacity" and excluding expert medical opinion to cut costs and make profits and advantage at the expense of the disabled by saying almost everyone can work.

Look out for the name Mansel Aylward, for it was he and David Freud who we have to "thank" (I don't think so) for ESA. And who's in charge of the Cardiff institute which produced the "work is good for mental health" research study which HMG keep trotting out in their press releases? - none other than Mansel Aylward, and who sponsors his academic dept? - UNUM of course. You couldn't make it up!

Pass me the sick-bag.

Best regards, Paul.

Where there is a will there is a way.

I have posted about Atos twice with regards about my IB50 forms first on how they gave me a week to fill the form and secondly about a letter they sent me about an IB Medical and both times Atos has told me if I ignore their letters my benefit will stop.

I've spoke to IB dept about Atos letters and the letter I received on Satuday the IB Dept has told me that I should not have received a letter from Atos and to ignore it when they've look at my IB50 form they will then send a letter for a medical and as mentioned before Atos gave me a week to fill in the IB50 form the DWP gave me a month.

I just want you all to know that whatever letter you get from Atos please call your main DWP dept and tell them about the Atos letter before making decisions and follow what Atos say in their letter.

It has proved to me twice that Atos do not have the upper hand to deal with claimants,

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...

Cannot undersdand why the medical person keeps asking me if I smoke at least ten times I had to keep repeating I don't smoke, drinks or do drugs he even made me breath in one of the breathalyser to check my peak flow then listen to my back with Stethoscope which he barely touched my back then I had one big panic attacks he had to stay with me fo 5 mins before we got out the room it would be interested to see what results I got when the letter comes as he wrote down my main ill health are panic attacks, anxiety and depression which I do suffer from. I am surprised there are no cameras in the medical room such a pity but I shall see what happens.

I know I will fail my medical but I will appeal and the medical person cannot denied I did not have panic attacks whilst being examined will let you all know the outcome so glad it's all over.

Hi Helen

Well done for getting through your medical.

Was your medical supposed to be on your mental health or do you have physical problems also.

If just MH I can't understand why he listened to your back etc.

Try your best not to worry of course you will.

I got my results in 3 weeks.

All the best.

I bet you are glad it's over with, Helen.

I'm sorry to hear that you suffered a panic attack whilst there but it may just work in your favour as they will have seen the effect it had on you.

It's difficult to think positively, given the sheer volume of people who have lost their ESA following their medical however we have had a few sucesses first time round reported, so just hang in there. If you need to appeal, cross that bridge when you come to it, try not to stress yourself too much while awaiting the decision. Easier said than done, I know.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Hi Helen

Well done for getting through your medical.

Was your medical supposed to be on your mental health or do you have physical problems also.

If just MH I can't understand why he listened to your back etc.

Try your best not to worry of course you will.

I got my results in 3 weeks.

All the best.

Thanks Catkin yes my medical was supposed to be for mental health I did fill in my IB50 where they asked questions on physical ground but he said I didn't need to fill those in because it was for the most several disabled like people that cannot talk, walk and see I told him the form was very confusing so I ticked what ever applied to me as I do suffer with severe pains and certain things I cannot do but my priory problems are my panic attacks and anxiety I was very surprised when he told me to blow in them breathalyser then he asked me to lift my hands, arms, head up stretch my hand as far down as I can but I couldn't because I have severe back pains anyway then an eye test with my glasses on which I told him of course I can see with my glasses then he keep asking more questions and in between each question he keep asking if I smoke it was quite strange I haven't smoke for 5 years now and told me to lie down to listen to my back by then my panic attacks took over shame he touched my back lightly as my pulses was very rapid I could barely get off the bed and had to sit down and was very shaking all over. I am not worrying at the moment what ever the outcome I shall sort it out.

I shall let all know how I got on. Are you waiting for your results? and when did you have your medical? I do not know how long before I hear from them.

Take care

I bet you are glad it's over with, Helen.

I'm sorry to hear that you suffered a panic attack whilst there but it may just work in your favour as they will have seen the effect it had on you.

It's difficult to think positively, given the sheer volume of people who have lost their ESA following their medical however we have had a few sucesses first time round reported, so just hang in there. If you need to appeal, cross that bridge when you come to it, try not to stress yourself too much while awaiting the decision. Easier said than done, I know.

Thanks Erika it wasn't nice to have the panic attacks because I couldn't talk whilst he was talking to me trying to calm me down I could barely breath also. I hope that would be in my favour he stayed with me for 5 mins because I couldn't get out the medical room and he was not leaving until I left then I couldn't find my way I was going in the opposite direction because of the panic attacks he had to tell me which way to go I am not optimistic at all as you said there are so many negatives results but at least they cannot say I was lying he'd seen it first hand if they fail me which I know they will I will certainly tell them I had panic attacks in the medical room and the examiner was present he cannot deny it shame I didn't get his name I was too panicky to talk but I can describe him shall wait and see at the moment I am not anxious at all perhaps because I am too tired with the day I had today.

Take care