• Tweets

• love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

JSA to ESA?

elfieb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive been claiming JSA for just over a year....currently on Work Programme.

After suffering with a multitude of symptoms for over 3 years, I have recently been diagnosed with a growth on my spinal cord which will require surgery at some point in the very near future.

Im totally at a loss with how to proceed benefits wise.....when should I change over to ESA if at all? I have no idea how long recuperation will take after surgery, with my Dr providing me with a " you will either be fine and continue with life as normal, or we teach you to walk again..." answer

Also as I am part of the Work Programme on JSA, does this mean I continue on it when

claiming ESA?

You should claim ESA at the point where you cannot honestly describe yourself as "fit for, available for, and actively seeking work." Those are the requirements for JSA and if you don't meet them you shouldn't claim it. So I suppose it's up to you, with input from your doctors. You'll need medical certificates from your GP or other doctor to claim ESA, in which he or she will have to say that you're not able to work.

You will not continue on the Work Programme when you claim ESA - this only applies to those on JSA.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

You should claim ESA at the point where you cannot honestly describe yourself as "fit for, available for, and actively seeking work." Those are the requirements for JSA and if you don't meet them you shouldn't claim it. So I suppose it's up to you, with input from your doctors. You'll need medical certificates from your GP or other doctor to claim ESA, in which he or she will have to say that you're not able to work.

You will not continue on the Work Programme when you claim ESA - this only applies to those on JSA.

I was on the work programme when I stopped claiming JSA and made a new claim for ESA currently on the assesment rate and I am still on the Work Programme and unless I go into the support group which is highly unlikely I believe I will stay in the work programme. I am myself unsure if this is standard practice although my work programme provider has made out as though it is and as far as I am aware the dwp has sent my wp provider letters informing them of my benefit changes. i.e. JSA to ESA.

I am really not sure how it works as the Work Programme technically lasts 2 years so that even if you are on JSA and then find work you are still technically on the "programme" until your two years is up and your work programme provider can keep tabs on you and call up your employer etc and potentially interfere if it looked like you might lose your job inside of those two years as this would potntially affect the bounty they could collect from the government on you.

As for the switch to ESA I am not sure, I think once your on the programme your on it however if anyone know different please let us know. I for one feel it is rather unfair to be going though what I am with my health at the moment being on ESA and getting medical treatment and still being issued random mandatory work activity my my work programme advisor which I am not even sure he s allowed to do when I am claiming ESA. It's some thing that needs to be cleared up really.

Best thing is to speak to your GP and see what he thinks if he wants to go ahead with treatment and is happy to write you say a 6 month line then I would apply for esa then cancel your JSA after and start the process. You may fail but you can I believe always appeal and reapply. In your case I believe timing will be key so speak to your GP in the first instance.

Good luck!

I was on the work programme when I stopped claiming JSA and made a new claim for ESA currently on the assesment rate and I am still on the Work Programme and unless I go into the support group which is highly unlikely I believe I will stay in the work programme. I am myself unsure if this is standard practice although my work programme provider has made out as though it is and as far as I am aware the dwp has sent my wp provider letters informing them of my benefit changes. i.e. JSA to ESA.

This is not correct. The Work Programme does not exist for ESA. You are not required to participate in the Work Programme while claiming ESA.

As for the switch to ESA I am not sure, I think once your on the programme your on it however if anyone know different please let us know. I for one feel it is rather unfair to be going though what I am with my health at the moment being on ESA and getting medical treatment and still being issued random mandatory work activity my my work programme advisor which I am not even sure he s allowed to do when I am claiming ESA. It's some thing that needs to be cleared up really.

Your work programme adviser is not allowed to issue mandatory work activity while you are on ESA. It doesn't need "cleared up" - the law is already clear. You need to take action about this, and I'd start by contacting the DWP (not your provider) and explaining the situation.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

This is not correct. The Work Programme does not exist for ESA. You are not required to participate in the Work Programme while claiming ESA.

Your work programme adviser is not allowed to issue mandatory work activity while you are on ESA. It doesn't need "cleared up" - the law is already clear. You need to take action about this, and I'd start by contacting the DWP (not your provider) and explaining the situation.

Okay, thanks for this I have obviously been misled by my work program provider about this. It is hard to know if they are deliberatly misleading people or if they just don't know what they are doing!

The advisers for these companies are not benefit trained - when I worked for the DWP I would sometimes find that people had been given incorrect advice by these staff. It's not always their fault. Often, they are simply out of their depth.

So call the DWP and ask for a callback, if necessary, from the ESA processing staff - the people who answer the phones are well-meaning, I'm sure, but aren't always benefit trained.

Work Programme staff are contracted out staff in my area.

I understand if you are on ESA you should not be subject to the Work Programme.

If you complain to the DWP and local MP about the Work Programme 'intrusion' into your life then they sometimes back down.

I've just been put onto this and am watching the threads about it.

Week after week I have more than fulfilled my 'work criteria' and been 'told off' for applying for more jobs than I should, so now going onto the Work Programme I have highlighted to the adviser that I am more than capable of jobhunting unaided and in fact am actually qualified and experienced to do their job... so that is the outcome I want!

As stated in this thread, it is all about tick box culture, 'checking up' on people in a way that is very much AGAINST their best interests - yes, some claimants will need a lot of support, others less, so why not work it on that basis - but - like everything else this government does, it works on the 'lowest common denominator' basis rather than the 'highest common factor', the HCF being 'there are very very few full time viable jobs available'.

I too may be put onto ESA due to health reasons (arthritis, insomnia and thyroid problems) so any changes are relevant to me.

If you want me to ask at my local 'Prospects' centre (which was the old Job centre at one time) about ESA rules I can do and see if there is a consistency in the advice generally given.

The advisers for these companies are not benefit trained - when I worked for the DWP I would sometimes find that people had been given incorrect advice by these staff. It's not always their fault. Often, they are simply out of their depth.

So call the DWP and ask for a callback, if necessary, from the ESA processing staff - the people who answer the phones are well-meaning, I'm sure, but aren't always benefit trained.

I will need to try and find out what it is they can and cannot issue me with regarding "mandatory activity" I have been trying to find something definative online today but I can't.

I have a letter from my work programme provider now in front of me sent out this week with the words mandatory work activity all over it stating that I have to give them evidence on my next appointment of what I have been doing to look for a job and on the state of my health. It states that if I fail to do these my benefits could be affected.

Again the fact that I was on JSA and on the work programme when I applied for ESA may be confusing the issue for all involved making mine and the OP's case more unusual.

It was in fact my WP advisor that encouraged me to apply for ESA when it became apparent that my health was very poor but now I feel that it is almost as if they expected to cut me some slack for a couple of weeks for me to get 100% in 2-4 weeks and now they seem to think even though I am still on ESA that I should be starting to look for fulltime work again. It's not possible I need some time to get better before I can go back to volunteering or part time work.

I would like to wait to find out if I am successful in getting ESA before I contact the DWP or my WP provider on this however I am not sure what my position wll be if I fail and decide to appeal. Are they able to issue madatory work activity while I am appealing?

Sorry if this is hijaking the tread but I think it is relevent to the OP.

It is likely that your provider has not been informed of your switch from JSA to ESA, and that's why you're still getting letters from them about the Work Programme. From a DWP processor's point of view, notifying the provider is an easy thing to forget. Not that that makes it OK, but it happens.

While you are on ESA you can be asked to attend up to six Work Focused Interviews, unless you are placed in the Support Group, in which case attendance at these interviews is voluntary. You can't be forced to work or undertake training as a condition of receiving ESA. The only way these interviews can result in a loss of your benefit is if you fail to attend them.

This also applies while you are waiting for any appeal outcome relating to ESA, unless, of course, you go back on JSA during that time.

It is likely that your provider has not been informed of your switch from JSA to ESA, and that's why you're still getting letters from them about the Work Programme. From a DWP processor's point of view, notifying the provider is an easy thing to forget. Not that that makes it OK, but it happens.

While you are on ESA you can be asked to attend up to six Work Focused Interviews, unless you are placed in the Support Group, in which case attendance at these interviews is voluntary. You can't be forced to work or undertake training as a condition of receiving ESA. The only way these interviews can result in a loss of your benefit is if you fail to attend them.

This also applies while you are waiting for any appeal outcome relating to ESA, unless, of course, you go back on JSA during that time.

In my case my it was an advisor from my work programme provider who advised me to apply for ESA and they then verbally confirmed to me that they had recieved a letter from the DWP that I was now getting ESA (Assesment) rather than JSA so they definetly know I am on ESA. I haven't had any call to go to the JCP for a work focused interview I guess because I am already at the Work programme.

It is possible they just don't understand the rules on the different benefits. I am just concerned as I am not yet fit to be seeking work at all an yet I am concerned if I don't do as the letter instructs me I could lose my benefits which are the only money I have to live on however once I signal that I am prepared to look for work they could take that as a red light that I am ready to work when I am not.

Thank you for clearing this up for me that I am not obliged to apply for work at the present time while on ESA.

• 1 month later...

I am really not sure how it works as the Work Programme technically lasts 2 years so that even if you are on JSA and then find work you are still technically on the "programme" until your two years is up and your work programme provider can keep tabs on you and call up your employer etc and potentially interfere if it looked like you might lose your job inside of those two years as this would potntially affect the bounty they could collect from the government on you.

Best thing is to speak to your GP and see what he thinks if he wants to go ahead with treatment and is happy to write you say a 6 month line then I would apply for esa then cancel your JSA after and start the process. You may fail but you can I believe always appeal and reapply. In your case I believe timing will be key so speak to your GP in the first instance.

Good luck!

you have been misled.

you DEFINITELY do not need to attend ANY wp appoitment while you are on ASSESSMENT phase of ESA.

the WP providers do not know this and might tell you otherwise but you can simply check with jobcentre plus.

it does not matter whether you were on WP on your previous JSA claim or not.

that being said;when your esa claim is finalized and if they put you on work related activity group,you can be referred to work programme,but it will be different than WP for people on JSA and you will not be asked to apply for a job.let alone asking you for attending mandatory work placements.

if they put you on support group then you will not be referred to WP at all.

I am %100 sure about what I said above.

good luck.

please read my post above.

unfortunately work programme DOES exist for ESA.but not in this situation.(yet)

ESA claimants are devided in two groups : either support group or work related activity group,those in support group will not be referred to wp,but those (majority) on work related activity group can be referred to WP.

while a persons claim is being decided and they are receiving only the basic rate they Do not need to participate in WP.

You are not required to attend the appointments at the work programme whilst you are no longer claiming JSA however you are "contracted" to the providers for a 2 year period, and during any time in that 2 year period that you are not in receipt/claiming JSA they are still able to keep in contact with you regardless of whether you have found work or claimed an alternative benefit.

Eventually you may become part of the work programme again during a claim for ESA but this will only be considered if you are place in the WRAG.

Curren tly those in receipt of carers allowance or those with an underlying entitlement do not have to attend the Work Programme however of you were previously on JSA and part of te Work Programme they will still keep in contact for the duration of heor 2 year contract.

you have been misled.

you DEFINITELY do not need to attend ANY wp appoitment while you are on ASSESSMENT phase of ESA.

the WP providers do not know this and might tell you otherwise but you can simply check with jobcentre plus.

it does not matter whether you were on WP on your previous JSA claim or not.

that being said;when your esa claim is finalized and if they put you on work related activity group,you can be referred to work programme,but it will be different than WP for people on JSA and you will not be asked to apply for a job.let alone asking you for attending mandatory work placements.

if they put you on support group then you will not be referred to WP at all.

I am %100 sure about what I said above.

good luck.

Thank you for your advice that is really helpful to me and to many others I am sure. I was placed in the Support Group for ESA for 6 months so I am no longer attending the work programme. However what I am unsure of is what will happen at the end of these 6 months? If when I am reassesed I am found fit to work and placed on JSA or on the WRAG portion of ESA will I automatically be entered back into the work programme? Or would if I applied for JSA would I have to wait for x amount of months until I was refered back to the programme?

Thank again!

No if you reclaim JSA at any time within 2 years of your original referral date you are referred directly back to them.

Hi thanks for this info, do you have any direct links to any policy documents or legislation which confirms this? I would like to have this cleared up as I was also told by a someone else that being moved to ESA support group meant that I was off the work programme and that if I do claim again for JSA at the end of my time on ESA SG as it is over 6 months since my last claim ended it would be treated as a new claim altogether.

I am sure the documentation on this must be available to the public somewhere but I have no idea where to start looking!

I'm not certain where to locate this information apart from at work sorry, but as an individual you are entered into a contract with the provider for a 2 year period, once you terminate the claim for JSA for what ever reason the providers will attempt to maintain contaxt with you for the duration of the 2 year contract. In the event that you are required to sign for JSA again within that 2 year period you are referred directly back to the workprogramme that you were originally referred to.

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/the-work-programme.pdf

although this link to te leaflet refers to customers securing and remaining in employment it does cover the 2 year contract.

Many thanks for posting the document, as I am in a work programme (on JSA) but have found some voluntary work which may lead to full time work under my own initiative would the work programme people get a payment for me going into work - it would be very unfair if they did as they have not found me work, I found it via a casual contact.

Sillygirl if you close your claim at the JCP statimg that you have found work by completing your ES40JP or ES40sJP then you can omit the employer details just declare starting work, in the employer part state "prefer not to say" and then complete the rest of the es40 (very important to state if it will last 5 weeks or more to qualify for the automatic HB run on and Job Grant payment).

By not declaring the employer the providers will not know who you have started with, as although I never disclose the employer information to the providers on the WP07b they still phone the office to ask for the information (I always refuse to disclose) and I state that the relevant paperwork has been sent and no further information can be disclosed by telephone but if they want to put it in writing then when received we can only disclose the information that is held!

Unfortunately they will still be able to claim their fee for "helping you back in the labour market" but they won't be able to contact them to check up on you to claim their extended fees that they receive after 3 months, 6 months etc up to 2 years! Also you do not have to answer any teleohone calls or reply to any letters, after all you pay the bill and can choose who you speak to and the same with their keepping in touch letters.

If the ES40 states or the LMS conversation from the In To Work Team the name of the employers then of course the JCP know, however in that case I still refer the WP07b to the provider and simply state claim closed found work without divulging the name of the employer.

It is safer for the customer not to divulge the employer details if they do not want the providers to know and make contact.

If the details are noted as prefer not to say then there is still a signed declaration that a customer has found work and is closing their claim so that is actioned accordingly but of course as no details are know they cannot be disclosed to the providers at any stage, however if these deatils are declared then of the provider makes a written request, the JCP are required to notify who the customer is employed by.

Why do I feel like I am having to justify myself today:???: