Tesco Direct order cancelled after payment taken ?

joolzmc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4999 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have fortunately not found myself in this position before and help would be much appreciated.

I placed an order with Tesco Direct ( a pre-order for windows 7 ) on 12th September and the funds were duly taken from my account on that day, since then I have had to cancel my debit card which I did yesterday ( 19th) I did not see any problem with this as I thought everything was in order until a phone call a couple of hours ago from Tescos.

I was advised that my order had been cancelled as they had been advised my debit card had been cancelled. I confirmed my debit card had been cancelled on the 19th but this was 7 days after I had made a purchase from them. I was told that as my card had been cancelled there was no choice but to cancel my order and I could no longer re-place my order as the price had now increased by nearly £100. I was advised by the guy that I spoke to that no discretion could be taken ( whatever he was talking about )

I thought that by Tesco taking my money we had entered into a contract:???:. My order was cancelled by them some 8 days after this contract was entered into... the reason being my debit card was cancelled yesterday, I pointed this out but was advised that as I had not recieved my goods they were entitled to do this :???:

Please can someone let me know where I stand as I am currently waiting for a supervisor to call me back and I would like to have the correct information. Has a contract been formed beween myself and Tesco and should I push further for them to fulfill my order that they have cancelled even though they are aware that my transaction was legitimate ?

The funny thing is I placed an order with tesco books on the 19th September I haven't received that yet but that order is ok !!

Guest Old_andrew2018

Can you confirm that the money was actually taken from your account, IMHO most on-line retailers will debit your account on dispatch of the goods.

Can you confirm that the money was actually taken from your account, IMHO most on-line retailers will debit your account on dispatch of the goods.

Yes Tescos most definately took the payment from my account the day the order was placed ( 12th ), they have had the money as they have refunded me ( 20th ) card cancelled 19th . Thanks

• 9 months later...

You are not the only one. I ordered a laptop from tesco direct on 12th july, they called me two days after saying exactly the same. That it was a mistake and I had to pay 100 pounds more. After explainng uk laws about online shopping they said they would send it. I called them on 17th july and they promised it would be delivered by yesterday. Still waiting. I just sent them an email to see what they say about this.

I am almost certain I will not see the laptop unless I pay 100 more. They will keep on telling me to wait for the dispatch until I cancel the order or pay.

Disgusting attitude!

I am joining the groups of people against tesco.

Just got a reply to my email. They decided without my consent, to refund the money. We´ll see if at least that is true.

Can I do something productive against them? Any ideas?

My circumstances were slighty different. ( cannot establish if your card was cancelled prior to dispatch or it was a misprice Tesco have just not honoured )

I had taken advantage of a special offer price which was a valid offer and not a misprice, the money was taken but the item was on pre-order so was not being dispatched immediately, the period from when I paid Tesco prior to dispatch I cancelled my card, Tesco .'. assumed it was a fraudulent transaction. I tried to expain that it wasn't however I was automatically refunded and told I could rebuy at the new increased price.

In the end I did get it sorted but this was due to the fact that is was a genuine offer ( not a misprice ) and Tesco's using it's vigilence believing my card had been stolen, they therefore agreed to resell at the original price once they fully established the circumstances and realising that it was not a fraudulent transaction.

I did check with consumer direct and apparently for online sales and according to Tesco's T&C's a contract is not formed until item is dispatched, the earmarking or taking of the funds does not constitute a contract in these circumstances.

and even more news!

Tesco direct has called me to lie to me!!!!

they were saying that the reason why my order was cancelled is because the courier did not find the address and he gave me a call. Apparently, in this call, I told them I did not know anything about any tesco order. (Can this argument be any more ridiculous?)

Not only I did not get a call from them the day they claim to have called me, I do not have any call at all that day.

And unable to find the address? A lot of things I buy online are delivered to the same place with no problem whatsoever.

It´s outrageous.

The answer from tesco is of course, you need to place a new order (100 pounds more)

and even more news!

Tesco direct has called me to lie to me!!!!

they were saying that the reason why my order was cancelled is because the courier did not find the address and he gave me a call. Apparently, in this call, I told them I did not know anything about any tesco order. (Can this argument be any more ridiculous?)

Not only I did not get a call from them the day they claim to have called me, I do not have any call at all that day.

And unable to find the address? A lot of things I buy online are delivered to the same place with no problem whatsoever.

It´s outrageous.

The answer from tesco is of course, you need to place a new order (100 pounds more)

Perhaps the courier misdialled ? and that is why you have not spoken to anyone and the person they did speak to was obviously not aware of any order iykwim.

I would email them setting out all the facts and deal with one person in order to get it sorted.