• Tweets

• I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
    • Paragraph 23 – "standard industry practice" – put this in bold type. They are stupid to rely on this and we might as well carry on emphasising how stupid they are. I wonder why they could even have begun to think some kind of compelling argument – "the other boys do it so I do it as well…" Same with paragraph 26   Paragraph 45 – The Defendants have so far been unable to produce any judgements at any level which disagree with the three judgements…  …court, but I would respectfully request…   Just the few amendments above – and I think it's fine. I think you should stick to the format that you are using. This has been used lots of times and has even been applauded by judges for being meticulous and clear. You aren't a professional. Nobody is expecting professional standards and although it's important that you understand exactly what you are doing – you don't really want to come over to the judge that you have done this kind of thing before. As a litigant in person you get a certain licence/leeway from judges and that is helpful to you – especially if you are facing a professional advocate. The way this is laid out is far clearer than the mess that you will get from EVRi. Quite frankly they undermine their own credibility by trying to say that they should win simply because it is "standard industry practice". It wouldn't at all surprise me if EVRi make you a last moment offer of the entire value of your claim partly to avoid judgement and also partly to avoid the embarrassment of having this kind of rubbish exposed in court. If they do happen to do that, then you should make sure that they pay everything. If they suddenly make you an out-of-court offer and this means that they are worried that they are going to lose and so you must make sure that you get every penny – interest, costs – everything you claimed. Finally, if they do make you an out-of-court offer they will try to sign you up to a confidentiality agreement. The answer to that is absolutely – No. It's not part of the claim and if they want to settle then they settle the claim as it stands and don't try add anything on. If they want confidentiality then that will cost an extra £1000. If they don't like it then they can go do the other thing. Once you have made the amendments suggested above – it should be the final version. court,. I don't think we are going to make any more changes. Your next job good to make sure that you are completely familiar with it all. That you understand the arguments. Have you made a court familiarisation visit?
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote... as has already been said, they use their own criteria. if a person is not stated as linked to you on your file then no cant hurt you. not all creditors use every CRA provider, there are only 3 main credit file providers mind, the rest are just 3rd party data sharers. if you already have revolving credit on your file there is no need to apply for anything just 'because' you need to show you can handle money. if you have bank account(s) and a mortgage which you are servicing (paying) then nothing more can improve your score, despite what these 'scam' sites claiml  its all a CON!!  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Passport validity

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This thread isn't a complaint against any holiday company etc, but rather a question that i need answering from anyone " in the know" about passport validity.

I and my family are due to fly to Spain in late september of this year for a fortnights holiday, meaning we obviously return somewhere around the 10th october.

three of my childrens passports expire in April 2010, and just out of curiosity i enquired with East Mids airport to make sure they was ok to fly because i had read that in some countries you needed at least 6 months left on your passport AFTER your return date.

East Mids replied that as far as they were concerned we were ok to travel, but suggested i check with my airline as it is their call.

I e-mailed TCX and they replied saying that i need written proof that it is ok to fly FROM THE SPANISH EMBASSY.

I couldnt find an e-mail address for that, but while i was looking i came accross the Foreign office website, and checked on their passport section under Spain. On there it states that there is " no period of validity for a passport provided that it lasts long enough to cover your return".

I e-mailed back to TCX and pasted the section into my e-mail.

They then rang me the day later to say they had received my e-mail BUT they still needed written proof from the Spanish Embassy.

I need help with this because it's doing my head in. I dont want to buy three new passports ( now they are teenagers, i'll have to pay for adult ones ), if i dont need them.

Does anyone know who's correct here, plus can anyone give me the e-mail and address of the Spanish Embassy i need to contact.

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

P.S

Here is the paragraph from the Foreign Office website....

"" Passport validity

A valid British passport must be held for entry to and exit from Spain. There is no minimum passport validity requirement but you should ensure that your passport is valid for the proposed period of your stay. ""

Why after reading this statement, do i need written proof from the Spanish Embassy ??????

Edited by bazak1

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Thanks yourbank. There isnt a problem concerning visa's because i know we do not need one of those, but i'm totally confused as to why i need proof from the Embassy when EVERYTHING else seems to say i don't.

Thanks for the link though my friend.

Edited by bazak1

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

I wrote a long reply before realising that you'd said April 2010. :rolleyes: That will teach me.

I think you are being given the roundabout. Your passport is valid, full stop. Problems arise when passports run out during holidays, not after, and you're travelling within the EU.

I wouldn't give it a second thought, tbh.

• Haha 1

Thanks Bookworm. That was my thoughts entirely, but with TCX informing me about needing the letter, i didn't want to turn up to the airport to be told i couldnt fly.

Thanks for the help.

I can rest easier now.

have a nice day !!

Some countries DO require 6 months clear on a passport so I can understand why the airline is asking for this. I'm fairly sure Spain isn't one of them but it will be have been a 'stock' answer from a fairly low level employee. You don't even need a passport to travel within the EU - you do need a valid form of ID and a passport is one most us us have that the airlines accept.

Might be worth taking a screenshot of the FO website page and having that with you just in case you come up against another jobsworth at the airport.

Some countries DO require 6 months clear on a passport so I can understand why the airline is asking for this. I'm fairly sure Spain isn't one of them but it will be have been a 'stock' answer from a fairly low level employee. You don't even need a passport to travel within the EU - you do need a valid form of ID and a passport is one most us us have that the airlines accept.

Might be worth taking a screenshot of the FO website page and having that with you just in case you come up against another jobsworth at the airport.

Whilst it is true that some European countries don't check passports on arrival, the UK isn't one of them. The requirement for entry (as a Brit or European citizen) is to be able to prove both Identity and Nationality, so just carrying ID will fall short.

That doesn't mean that you would be refused entry, but you would be subjected to delays while further checks were made to confirm nationality, and you also run the risk of the airline refusing to carry you for fear of a £2000 fine under the Carriers Liability Act.

There are exceptions, such as the Republic of Ireland - not part of the UK, but still within Europe - The RoI however falls under the rules of the Common Travel Area (UK, RoI & Crown Dependencies).

Thanks all for your comments and help.

Steve, true, i can renew their passports probably now and get them to continue the validity, but changing three childrens passports to adults at seventy some odd pounds each, is an expense that i don't need at the mo. paying for the holiday and trying to get some spending money is enough trouble.

thanks all the same.

have a nice day !!

Spain

Passport Required?BritishYesAustralianYesCanadianYesUSAYesOther EU1Visa Required?BritishNoAustralianNo/2CanadianNo/2USANo/2Other EUNoReturn Ticket Required?BritishNoAustralianNoCanadianNoUSANoOther EUNo

Passports

Passport valid for at least three months beyond length of stay required by all nationals referred to in the chart above except:

Hi almond.

As you can see, i've pasted the info' off the site you gave me link for. As you can see, this is yet another variant on the rules for length of validity AFTER the end of your holiday.

One site says, as long as it is in date when we return.

The site above states as long as it is valid for three months.

What is the actual, final truth ?

Edited by bazak1

have a nice day !!

3 months is all you need i always ask customers how long they have left

and advise them if its 5 months to get a new one since i have had a few that have booked a holiday and found a member of families passport has ran out.

Passport validity: A valid British passport must be held for entry to and exit from Spain. There is no minimum validity requirement but it must be valid for the proposed period of your stay.

http://www.spanish-airport-guide.com/travel-fact-sheet.html

Edited by almond

• 1 month later...
Thanks Bookworm. That was my thoughts entirely, but with TCX informing me about needing the letter, i didn't want to turn up to the airport to be told i couldnt fly.

Thanks for the help.

I can rest easier now.

I would not ignore it as it will play on your mind if nothing else. On a recent trip to Spain ourselves I realized our son would have only had 5 months left on return and decided to check with TCX. They informed me that they would definately decline boarding as they state in their terms and condition that you need at least 6 months from the date of return. I had the same argument with them that it was needed for another EU country but to no avail. Therefore 3 days before travelling I had to get and an emergency renewal at additional costs:mad: