Buchanan Clark & Wells, Aktiv Krapital, and the Creditor as Barclaycard

exRAF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received a letter from this outfit on Monday. It states;

Dear Mr X,

We are trying to contact Mr X with regards to a private matter. We have confirmed your address through a credit link obtained via a credit reference agency as being the same person who previously lived at the original above address.

It then goes on to state they act for Activ Kapital and that I should make contact with them to provide relevant details. If I am not the individual concerned, contact them anyway and they'll remove me.

To be honest the letter makes no sense? Are Activ Krapital not big enough to contact me? or is it a case of BCW trying to collect an alleged debt for financial benefit? Equidebt were at it a few weeks ago as well.........

The debt(s) in question are, to the best of my knowledge, statute barred as it's now 5 years and 1 month after the last payment was made according to my credit file - although it's not 100% clear as one shows as last payment in Feb 2007, then payments missed from March 2007 onward, whilst the other shows no update for most of 2007 and then a default in January 2008.

Naturally I'd like to draw a line under it and send off the SB letter, but I cannot be 100% sure there wasn't a token payment made after they stopped updating my CRF. So my options are;

1. Ignore until they show their hand

2. Send the SB letter - but risk them coming back with some sort of proof I paid something thus altering the SB date and flagging myself up to them.

I'm inclined to go with 1. but happy for opinions!

if you are north of the boarder send the scottish sb letter.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if you are north of the boarder send the scottish sb letter.

dx

Thanks dx and others,

My only concern is that whilst my credit file shows the last payment officially being 5 years and 1 month ago, and I'm in Scotland, therefore suggesting SB, I'm worried there may have been a token payment made. At the time I was advised to ask for all my debt to be written off. If this wasn't accepted to pay nothing and await bankruptcy proceedings. This advice was given as I'm chronically ill.

So is it best just to ignore, or risk the SB letter?

i dont think you'll be 'risking' anything.

sending the sb letter admits nothing

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i dont think you'll be 'risking' anything.

sending the sb letter admits nothing

dx

I guess what I was angling at was if I sent the SB letter and there was indeed no token payment all is well. If however there was a token payment at some point (and I haven't remembered) then could it give them enough desire to start to pursue? In comparison to just totally ignoring it as it seems from reading on here the more you respond the more they pursue?

yes agreed and thats always my view.

the more you pull their chain, the more they trhink they have found a mug to fleece

dx

and they

yes agreed and thats always my view.

the more you pull their chain, the more they trhink they have found a mug to fleece

dx

Thanks dx, much appreciated. I'll file it away and keep an eye on my credit reports. I'm hoping all this will start to tidy up next year when the defaults drop off. Hated all the worry I've had with the debt, which only added to my ill health. Really wanted bankruptcy at the time to draw a line under it all, and I considered it when the LILA scheme arrived but glad I didn't. It's such a mark against you it seems.

well done, keep thinking that way, i never recommend any hard and binding wayout.

dx

and they

Well I've just spent an hour running through my bank statements online and I can confidently say I made no payments to any creditor from March 30th 2007 onward. I did have another account but I abandoned it due to being in the OD. So unless I sent them cash, or a postal order I know I couldn't and haven't made a payment since then. The only sticking point now may be working out when I last wrote to them as I was trying to negotiate. Trouble was they were so stubborn I gave up!

Are they likely to produce a letter dated within five years that I may have sent, given they can't seem to even keep people's credit agreements on file?

This may all be irrelevant given I plan to ignore, but a plan B is always worth having :-)

unless you specifically wrote a letter stating this is my debt and here is my sig acking the fact i doubt you'll have any issues.

if you had then it would have been used by now,

toxic lemon debt,, dropped like a stone.

dx

and they

Send the SB letter by recorded delivery (I think its called signed for these days) or these idiots will deny receiving it. If they continue to pester you for money you need do nothing more than report the cretins to the OFT. Should there have been a "payment" it is up to BCW to prove YOU made it.

Thanks to all :-)

I'm just going to sit on it for now as I know I couldnt have made a payment anyway. If they ramp up the threat o grams I'll consider further action. My main aim now is letting my credit file clean up as the defaults drop off, and try to clean anything up that might appear due to DCAs playing silly beggars ;-)

Well......

Today I have received a 'Formal Demand' from BCW. In this they have identified the Client as Aktiv Krapital, and the Creditor as Barclaycard. They claim I owe almost £6k but according to my records Barclaycard sold it at just over £4k!

What is the significance of this 'Formal Demand'? They state:

"Our clients have informed us they are unaware of any legitimate reason for non-payment of their account and although they would prefer an amicable settlement, will not hesitate to comment legal proceedings if necessary"

As I said earlier in the thread I was able to trace through my bank statements all the way back to March 30th 2007 and I have made no payments to anyone either by cash, postal order, DD, card transaction or cheque. My other two bank accounts by this point were not functioning as I owed money on ODs so I know no payments can have come from them.

Is this another ignore letter, or is it worth worrying about enough to start fighting back given from I can see the debt is SB?

just another cleverly worded threat-o-gram

dx

and they

just another cleverly worded threat-o-gram

dx

Thanks dx.

I actually find it crazy that 1. They even mention Barclays as the debt was sold to AK, and 2. How many charges must have been applied to the account to just from £4k to £6k!

Out of curiosity is there a letter that I may receive that I should be worried about?

BCW are not that clever. If AK thought that they could collect on this account, then I would have thought they would have kept it.

Ignore or send a CCA request. The choice is yours.

Edit. In regard to the amounts that AK state. These appear to be made up. For a relatives debt of less than £500, according to AK the debt was over £2500. When their mistake (?) was pointed out, it was passed back to the previous debt owner.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

court claim form [n1]

and they are rarer than hens teeth

and they

court claim form [n1]

and they are rarer than hens teeth

I'll keep my eyes peeled then :-)

You do have to wonder why its taken over 5 years and still no definitive collection action, and why the sudden rush? I'm guessing its one last push as AK and BCW know it's SB, before they sell it on to some other sucker!

hampster beding after scanning!

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

Received a FINAL NOTICE today stating that the amount remains outstanding and that the letter should be accepted as final notice and they will recommend to their client that they commence legal proceedings.

Hmm. Wondering if I should hit them with the SB letter now? I know I can't have made a payment. However I cannot be sure they don't have correspondence from me they could possibly use as an admission of the debt.

Thoughts?

std threat-o-gram

recommend, if.might,could,instruct

ignore

dx

and they