DX Secure 0844 277 3333

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do not use these people, they are [EDITED AGAIN]. My parcel never arrived, they claimed to have attempted delivery, the date and time they gave me i was at the address, there is no way they even attempted, when i suggested they redliver they told me that there would be a premium charge for doing so. They held me to ransom!!!!! [Edited again]

Edited by silverfox1961
Last Warning. NO LIBELLOUS REMARKS

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst this thread is a tad old it seems that DX Secure is still up to its old tricks. I tried to renew my old passport recently. I used the Post Office's 'check and send' service (or something like that) - paying extra for courier delivery of the new passport.

After a week and despite trying to track progress of my application via the Passport Office website I didn't get any response. Then I received my old passport back sent Royal Mail 2nd class and unregistered. So at least something was happening.

Then after another two weeks I tried to track the progress again. This resulted in an email from the Passport Office that my new passport had in fact been sent out for delivery by DX Secure - FIVE days earlier. Now all parties had my mobile no. and my email address but no-one bothered to tell me this in advance. AND NEITHER DID THE DX SECURE COURIER DRIVER LEAVE A CARD. So basically I didn't know anything about any delivery until I inquired. Luckily I have access to the Internet.

I then raised merry hell via email both to the Passport Office and DX Secure. Apparently the courier driver claimed that he couldn't find a post box in the front door of our block of flats in order to leave a calling card. Obviously he couldn't be ar$ed to look at the front entrance properly since a/ we have an entry phone system, and b/ each flat has its own letter box in the respective front doors. But he couldn't be bothered to get that far.

Then the next day I received a letter from DX Secure requesting me to contact them via a 0844 premium rate no. to arrange re-delivery. But I fail to understand the *re* part since no real attempt had been made to deliver the thing in the first place. But what riled me was that I was also requested to quote my credit card no. to them to be charged an extra fee for the 're-delivery' when I had already paid a fee to the Post Office for a delivery which had not yet been made.

Talk about a [problem]. It seems to me that the courier drivers don't make any effort to deliver items - even secure ones - because its easier to simply return the items back to the depot - claiming that delivery was not possible. Then the courier company makes even more money by charging a premium call rate for a customer to arrange for a re-delivery, and also charge them for that re-delivery.

To me this appears a tad dishonest, and as a previous post here suggests this needs reporting to Trading Standards - which I will do.

BTW there have been serious accusations that the Royal Mail (allegedly) deliberately fails to deliver mail / parcels etc., because it is quicker and more cost effective to simply deliver red cards even if the recipients are indoors and waiting for the said items.

Courier companies also seem to doing this, especially for deliveries to flats like ours. It is courier companies and their failure to deliver items (and I haven't even touched on the reported widespread theft of items) that are the weak points in eCommerce. With online sales the quickest and most reliable process is the deduction of cash from a buyer's credit card.The worst aspect is the lack of ability of courier companies to deliver the items purchased.

• 1 month later...
Guest Chris Griffiths DX Group UK

Hi

I work at DX and I can assure you that DX is a genuine, legitimate and trustworthy company. Otherwise I would not work there.

I apologise on behalf of DX if you have had a bad experience. I can however guarantee that 99.9% of deliveries are completed with any problems whatsoever. The issue that we and all other courier companies have is that some couriers get lazy and don't do their job properly. All our couriers are heavily vetted, so security is not an issue, however DX punish couriers for any lost items and for repeated late/non-deliveries where there is a misconduct case. If you feel that has been an issue then I would urge you to contact us as our customer service team WILL follow up and action will be taken to eradicate any repeat issues. I appreciate that this may not be to much of a consolation to you on this occasion, but I can guarantee you that our action will be far swifter than many of our competitors.

I hope this episode does not ruin your image of DX as it is clear there a minority of couriers who need a reality check. I suggest you contact our team who can try and help with this situation.

Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience you have had, but be rest assured we do not take non-deliveries lightly. It is not in our interest not to deliver.

Chris

Whilst this thread is a tad old it seems that DX Secure is still up to its old tricks. I tried to renew my old passport recently. I used the Post Office's 'check and send' service (or something like that) - paying extra for courier delivery of the new passport.

After a week and despite trying to track progress of my application via the Passport Office website I didn't get any response. Then I received my old passport back sent Royal Mail 2nd class and unregistered. So at least something was happening.

Then after another two weeks I tried to track the progress again. This resulted in an email from the Passport Office that my new passport had in fact been sent out for delivery by DX Secure - FIVE days earlier. Now all parties had my mobile no. and my email address but no-one bothered to tell me this in advance. AND NEITHER DID THE DX SECURE COURIER DRIVER LEAVE A CARD. So basically I didn't know anything about any delivery until I inquired. Luckily I have access to the Internet.

I then raised merry hell via email both to the Passport Office and DX Secure. Apparently the courier driver claimed that he couldn't find a post box in the front door of our block of flats in order to leave a calling card. Obviously he couldn't be ar$ed to look at the front entrance properly since a/ we have an entry phone system, and b/ each flat has its own letter box in the respective front doors. But he couldn't be bothered to get that far.

Then the next day I received a letter from DX Secure requesting me to contact them via a 0844 premium rate no. to arrange re-delivery. But I fail to understand the *re* part since no real attempt had been made to deliver the thing in the first place. But what riled me was that I was also requested to quote my credit card no. to them to be charged an extra fee for the 're-delivery' when I had already paid a fee to the Post Office for a delivery which had not yet been made.

Talk about a [problem]. It seems to me that the courier drivers don't make any effort to deliver items - even secure ones - because its easier to simply return the items back to the depot - claiming that delivery was not possible. Then the courier company makes even more money by charging a premium call rate for a customer to arrange for a re-delivery, and also charge them for that re-delivery.

To me this appears a tad dishonest, and as a previous post here suggests this needs reporting to Trading Standards - which I will do.

BTW there have been serious accusations that the Royal Mail (allegedly) deliberately fails to deliver mail / parcels etc., because it is quicker and more cost effective to simply deliver red cards even if the recipients are indoors and waiting for the said items.

Courier companies also seem to doing this, especially for deliveries to flats like ours. It is courier companies and their failure to deliver items (and I haven't even touched on the reported widespread theft of items) that are the weak points in eCommerce. With online sales the quickest and most reliable process is the deduction of cash from a buyer's credit card.The worst aspect is the lack of ability of courier companies to deliver the items purchased.

Been reading this post and have say to the above poster that the last paragraph is a tad wrong....they say " it is not in our interest not to deliver" well it seems that it is one the first try as they make money out of trying to deliver at a later date !

Think the DX team need to get the facts right ...premium tel nos are a sure way of making cash ...as if they do not know this!!!

Hi

I can assure you that you are wrong on this. 99.9% of deliveries are completed 1st time round. It is of course no help to the 0.01% who don't but I know from first hand experience that DX are interested in delivering 1st time. Reputation is a big thing in many industries and the courier/mail industry is no different.

It is absurd to suggest DX would operate with anything other than the customers best interests at heart. We are a well managed, decent company. So to suggest otherwise is pure nonsense. I am afraid that just a small selection of couriers let the team down. As I have said above, we work hard to route out poor couriers to ensure there is no repeat.

Not many of our competitors work so hard on the customer experience as we do - I can assure you that.

I respect the fact that no matter what I say here, your opinion may not change, but all I can do is give you clarity of our position and thinking. We are not a monster, but a large mail/courier company with the vision to provide top service to each and every customer.

Thanks

Chris

Been reading this post and have say to the above poster that the last paragraph is a tad wrong....they say " it is not in our interest not to deliver" well it seems that it is one the first try as they make money out of trying to deliver at a later date !

Think the DX team need to get the facts right ...premium tel nos are a sure way of making cash ...as if they do not know this!!!

Chris at DX, it's unfortunate that the only good comments in this thread towards DX are of its employees and not of any consumer. I don't doubt that your company has a 99.9% 1st time delivery rate, however it is then odd that I'm unfortunate enough to be part of the 0.01% not ones but TWICE in less than two weeks. That strikes me as a bit odd, and surely doesn't give me a good impression of your company. A delivery went wrong the first time round, it happens, however twice in less than two weeks to me is not "an unfortunate incident", it strikes me more as a normal occurence.

What frustrates me is not necessarily the fact that neither deliveries were done on the date that your company said they would, but the lack of communication, no explanation as to why you were not able to deliver the items on the day specified and also the fact that both times I've had to chase and call an 0844 number go through an automates system and get cut off at the end. Why would it not be standard procedure to call or text the client on the day if there are any issues with the delivery?? instead a text goes out the next day requesting the consumer to get in touch to rearrange delivery. It's very impersonal and comes across as lack of care and certainly does not give the impression that you have us as the consumer's best interest at heart.

My opinion would have changed had it not been for the fact that the second delivery done in less than one week of the first one was an equally disastrous experience. I've written to DX complaining about this, haven't heard anything back, not even an email. As a consumer all I want from a company, that states they've got MY best interest at heart, when something doesn't go well, is for the company to A: look into the issue and come back and report as to where/why it went wrong, B: apologise and C: as a good will gesture compensate for the inconvience it caused.

If reputation and being a top service provider is indeed your company's Aim, then for us unfortunate enough to be part of your little 0.01% going the extra mile and looking into what went wrong shouldn't take much and should be fairly straightfoward, shouldn't it?.

Hi

Can you please email me at chris.griffiths @thedx.co.uk in order for me to get you in touch with the correct department at DX in order to speak with you personally to try and resolve your issue. We want to avoid a repeat issue here and ensure we stamp out any poor service experiences. In your email please provide your name, email, telephone number so that we can contact you.

Your feedback will be really useful to help us improve our service further.

Many thanks

Chris at DX, it's unfortunate that the only good comments in this thread towards DX are of its employees and not of any consumer. I don't doubt that your company has a 99.9% 1st time delivery rate, however it is then odd that I'm unfortunate enough to be part of the 0.01% not ones but TWICE in less than two weeks. That strikes me as a bit odd, and surely doesn't give me a good impression of your company. A delivery went wrong the first time round, it happens, however twice in less than two weeks to me is not "an unfortunate incident", it strikes me more as a normal occurence.

What frustrates me is not necessarily the fact that neither deliveries were done on the date that your company said they would, but the lack of communication, no explanation as to why you were not able to deliver the items on the day specified and also the fact that both times I've had to chase and call an 0844 number go through an automates system and get cut off at the end. Why would it not be standard procedure to call or text the client on the day if there are any issues with the delivery?? instead a text goes out the next day requesting the consumer to get in touch to rearrange delivery. It's very impersonal and comes across as lack of care and certainly does not give the impression that you have us as the consumer's best interest at heart.

My opinion would have changed had it not been for the fact that the second delivery done in less than one week of the first one was an equally disastrous experience. I've written to DX complaining about this, haven't heard anything back, not even an email. As a consumer all I want from a company, that states they've got MY best interest at heart, when something doesn't go well, is for the company to A: look into the issue and come back and report as to where/why it went wrong, B: apologise and C: as a good will gesture compensate for the inconvience it caused.

If reputation and being a top service provider is indeed your company's Aim, then for us unfortunate enough to be part of your little 0.01% going the extra mile and looking into what went wrong shouldn't take much and should be fairly straightfoward, shouldn't it?.

• 3 weeks later...

We've had the same thing happen this morning and I am FURIOUS. We have been up since 7am with our 3 year old daughter waiting for delivery of my husband's passport & visa so that we can go on holiday tomorrow. Logged onto the website at 10am to see whether it was definitely out for delivery & it said that delivery was attempted at 8.30am and that a card had been left. We have received no card, no phone call (which they also claimed to have made after we called to ask about it) & certainly no buzzer - which is loud enough to wake the dead!! But, what do you know, we have to pay £10 to get the passport "redelivered" today. I am absolutely disgusted. As members of the press, we shall be making sure that this issue is made public. It's a [problem], pure & simple.

We apologise that this has happened. This quite simply should not happen and is a very rare occurance. We will try and identify the courier and understand what has happened here. It is not good enough and will ensure this gets rectified asap.

We've had the same thing happen this morning and I am FURIOUS. We have been up since 7am with our 3 year old daughter waiting for delivery of my husband's passport & visa so that we can go on holiday tomorrow. Logged onto the website at 10am to see whether it was definitely out for delivery & it said that delivery was attempted at 8.30am and that a card had been left. We have received no card, no phone call (which they also claimed to have made after we called to ask about it) & certainly no buzzer - which is loud enough to wake the dead!! But, what do you know, we have to pay £10 to get the passport "redelivered" today. I am absolutely disgusted. As members of the press, we shall be making sure that this issue is made public. It's a [problem], pure & simple.

We apologise that this has happened. This quite simply should not happen and is a very rare occurance. We will try and identify the courier and understand what has happened here. It is not good enough and will ensure this gets rectified asap.

How can it be rare ? Seems to happen often enough .

Hi Chris,

Both my husband & I have emailed you directly, too. Apologies are great, but we have still been charged £10 extra for a service that should have been completed without any need for us getting to this point, and, should your courier find it impossible to locate our door buzzer or, God forbid, letterbox again today, we will also not be going on holiday. We have been told that the passport will be delivered by 12.30 today, and I would appreciate it if you could ensure that that DOES happen. We understand that mistakes happen, but what is totally unforgivable is to be told blatant lies when the problem is flagged up. We have now been told that, despite the claim that a card was left (which we have not been able to find for love nor money), the courier "could not access the property to leave a card". The building has a letterbox! If your courier could not locate a hole in the door, s/he obviously requires extra training!

How can it be rare ? Seems to happen often enough .

Hi

I understand your comment. We deliver millions of items per year. Clearly you will understand that when successful deliveries are made, no-one will comment as it is expected that they will receive their parcel. However as soon as there is an issue, people hop straight on to forums to complain (which is to an extent understandable). Yes there are a few complaints (which we are attempting to address), but as a percentage compared to successful deliveries it is under 1%.

Hi

I believe that one of the DX Secure team may currently be in contact with you to address this and resolve.

If this is the case, please let me know. You will then see that we take non-deliveries seriously and accept that we are a legitimate delivery company.

All delivery companies have non-deliveries from time to time. I apologise that on this occasion it was you.

Many thanks Chris. Yes, we have been contacted and assured that we will have the passport delivered by 12.30 & a refund of the £10 charge. Obviously, the passport is not in hand yet so until it is, we won't be entirely satisfied customers, but I appreciate you chasing this up for us.

Many thanks Chris. Yes, we have been contacted and assured that we will have the passport delivered by 12.30 & a refund of the £10 charge. Obviously, the passport is not in hand yet so until it is, we won't be entirely satisfied customers, but I appreciate you chasing this up for us.

Not a problem. Have fun your holiday.

Thank you Chris. I have emailed you to confirm that the passport has now arrived. However, my apologies for opening another can of worms, but the courier admitted that he was not here this morning. Obviously, if it is being put on the website that delivery has been attempted & that a card has been left when it obviously hasn't, it reflects very badly on a company that is supposed to be honest & reliable enough to deliver important documents such as passports.

Whilst I appreciate the help you have given us in sorting out our issue, it would appear that this has brought to light a serious internal issue which needs investigation.

Hi

Great news that your passport & Visa have been delivered.

As I have written in my email to you, we are going to investigate why this happened and how it happened. I agree that this is not good enough. I should spell out to you that 99% of our deliveries are perfectly delivered, so I am not sure it is a process thing here. I would guess that it was due to a sloppy courier. But we will investigate that to determine the exact fault. I can assure you we will be taking this very seriously, as it is completely unacceptable that any of this happened in the first place.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Have a safe flight.

Thanks again, & again, I appreciate the work you have put in for us & will be putting in to ensure it doesn't happen to anyone else. If it was due to a "sloppy courier", then they need to be made fully aware that customers are being expected to pay £10 to correct their sloppiness, plus the cost of all the telephone calls & the time it takes to sort it out. In the end, it probably cost us over £10 in calls to get the £10 back, not to mention the stress, which is just not right.

Once again, though, I appreciate that my husband has his documents now.

Judging by what I read in these posts, I am not alone inwaiting for a delivery . I also had the automated phone call message left on myanswer phone, informing me they tried to deliver, did they?.

I do not think so, I was in residence on the day in question,and my doorbell is working correctly and is audible in any location on my property.

I tried to contact DX to resolve and finally spoke to someone in a different department who transferred my call to customer serviceswhere I was immediately cut off.

I had to use DX’s automated telephone abyss charging me 5p aminute to rectify DX’s error.

A new delivery date and time was arranged and confirmed viathe DX Track my item on the DX website, 8 hours later on the confirmed delivery date, no delivery and a day wasted.

Another trawl through DX’s telephone abyss today only to be informed they were unable to deliver, another delivery time had to be arranged,as time is money as they say I have now paid for a timed delivery, which I shall recoup my costs via my legal adviser who will also outline my concerns to the regulatory authorities and to the CEO of DX on how a company handling such important documents fails to meet their expectation’s and my expectation’s.

This experience is worthy of documenting and high lighting to various media outlets I have access to.

Edited by smudger1956
typo

The fiasco continues, I received a letter earlier from DX secure regarding their failed delivery outlined in my previous post.

At 12.34pm a DX courier turns up at my door with my documents and lame excuses why he could not delivery to me yesterday, in a word..pathetic.

I have now applied for a refund of my so called timed delivery after again going through DX's telephone abyss to get details on how to procede with a refund.

I have already spoken to the Home Office earlier and will continue to escalate to whatever level is required to get a satisfactory outcome.

Hi

Could you please provide a contact number/email address so that one of the DX Secure team can get in touch with you to find a suitable resolution? Before we can help and comment we would need you to provide more specific information in order to fully understand the situation.

As you will have seen from my previous posts, we take these matters very seriously to try and ensure these very isolated cases do not happen. Unfortunately on these very rare occasions situations like this can and do arise. I apologise on behalf of DX for the hassle this is/has caused you though. As you'll agree - it is not acceptable.

Rgds

Chris

Hello smudger and Chris Griffiths.

Providing personal details on the forum is not a good idea, Mr Griffiths. smudger can't PM you because they don't have enough posts. Perhaps you could provide a phone number or email address so smudger can contact your company please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Hi

Email me at chris.griffiths @thedx.co.uk so we can discuss offline and find the resolution for you. I can escalate to our DX Secure team who will be able to resolve this for you.

Thanks

Hello smudger and Chris Griffiths.

Providing personal details on the forum is not a good idea, Mr Griffiths. smudger can't PM you because they don't have enough posts. Perhaps you could provide a phone number or email address so smudger can contact your company please?

My best, HB

Advice taken,thank you HB.