Rlp - my questions ......

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If RLP do not take people to court then what happens to all the letters they send out. Do they just stop sending them?

Eventually, yes.

Remember that RLP don't take anyone to court - it's the retailers that have to do that. It's happened in a very tiny proportion of cases; RLP crow about some on their silly website. After one of their major clients, A Retailer, lost what appears to be the first properly defended case last week, I suspect that the chances of court action, already extremely small, is now even more remote.

Eventually, yes.

Remember that RLP don't take anyone to court - it's the retailers that have to do that. It's happened in a very tiny proportion of cases; RLP crow about some on their silly website. After one of their major clients, A Retailer, lost what appears to be the first properly defended case last week, I suspect that the chances of court action, already extremely small, is now even more remote.

If RLP refers people to a debt collector and they ignore these demands then surely it affects their credit rating? I can@t see the debt collectors just walking away.

If RLP refers people to a debt collector and they ignore these demands then surely it affects their credit rating? I can@t see the debt collectors just walking away.

Nope, DCA's have no power to affect peoples credit rating. (They have no more legal powers than you or me).

And DCA's often walk away, they are mostly after a quick buck and they dont want (or often have the power to) get involved in a legal fight.

Andy

Further, it is quite clear that a DCA operating on behalf of RLP is generally pursuing a non-existent debt. This is likely to be a breach of the OFT Guidance (and thus the terms of the DCA's licence), as well as CPUTR, especially if the victim makes clear that they dispute the matter on the grounds that no money is owed.

And also, RLP don't consider these amounts to be a debt so if you go bankrupt, they say they will still chase.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 3 weeks later...

I have been reading the RLP threads with interest.

Do all the people who just ignore their letters go onto their data base and does that mean that they all will encounter problems with employment?

If RLP can not legally claim for money not owned (where goods have been returned in saleable condition)

how can they have the right to put people'd names on a list that external agents can use?

Reading some of these threads, it seems that in some cases they can not prove that the individuals intended to take the items.

• 3 weeks later...

random posts on many other threads moved to your thread

please keep to one thread

with all issues/questions you have with regard to RLP.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...