Thoughts in your day

Why do I feel guilty? hope my baby did not suffer, it happened so fast, so lost now, too quiet and other dog keeps looking for him.

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Why do I feel guilty? hope my baby did not suffer, it happened so fast, so lost now, too quiet and other dog keeps looking for him.

he wont have suffered

i felt the same when my cat went, but he knew what it was at the time

he could barely breathe but as soon as that needle went in he started purring and i swear he was trying to get up to headbutt me the way he used to before it kicked in

that last thing i made sure i did before i buried him was finish that headbutt he started

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Really interesting YT video on the Economies of Airline classes

Airlines make much more from business class and first, with economy really just filling the plane up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

A bit long, but even for republicans there are some poignant thoughts raised both in the article and almost certainly in any inquisitive and observant mind considering some of the points within

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/mar/16/what-happens-when-queen-elizabeth-dies-london-bridge

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

Great thoughts everyone:-D

I listen to radio tunes daily and I hear lines in songs which make you grin for many reasons.

I'm going to start posting lines from songs now and then and see if you can guess song:madgrin: More likely to be known mainstream songs

Here's first 'Jennifer Alison Phillipa Sue Deborah Annabel too'

Mambo Number 5?

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

significantly more? 2% at present self employed dont get sickness benefit, holiday pay, dont get their allowance for doing jury service, nigh on impossible to claim housing benefit as the rules of proof of income atre so arcane it is impossible to satisfy them, less pension etc. Agreed, the cost of the extra NI to employers is crippling and that affects the wages offered to employees but direct taxes are still about the same as they were back in the mid 1970's when the tax rate was 30%

The real problem is that NI is just another tax and not what it was set up as back in 1910. It is not rerlated to your pension and it is not for the NHS so what we should all be demanding is to know why it is separate on our pay slips/tax returns. Also the BBC is a tax upon us but their employees are encouraged to make themselves limited companies to avoid paying tax! What next, HMRC freelancers? Even the last DG used a company to minmise his tax bill as he was an "agency" employee- no he wasnt and the HR at the beeb should have been dragged through the courts to explain themselves with that evasion exercise.

My national Insurance is more than the tax I pay. Will be looking into that. I'd like to know why minimal amounts are paid if you are self employed yet if you are PAYE it is significantly more, even though you earn less money.

If my tax is 30% and my NI is more than my tax therefore i'm not paying 2% NI on my wages, must be more than 30% on my wages.

If you're self employed you have the option to pay more NI contributions to enhance your state pension. If we were all self employed the government would have to wait for a once a year tax divvy to pay for all those public services, apart from the fact those working in the NHS, Police, Fire Service, Waste disposal, Housing etc looking after everyone, so us PAYE paying regularly keep the status quo for those services. Valuable workers. VAT self employed can claim back that tax, PAYE can't. Self employed can off set their taxes. PAYE can't.

Maybe all workers should set up a company in their name and invoice the company they give their services too.

cant believe the political hypocrisy.

it was likened to mandela on the news. wtf. well mandela never endorsed the killing of civilians.

(had to post, but shldn't be :))

cant believe the political hypocrisy.

it was likened to mandela on the news. well mandela never endorsed the killing of civilians.

Are you sure about Mandela ? No expert on his ANC activities, but i have heard some that were critical, saying he was not the clean freedom fighter that many believe.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Are you sure about Mandela ? No expert on his ANC activities, but i have heard some that were critical, saying he was not the clean freedom fighter that many believe.

not 100 % obviously, just going by his autob and some historians. seemingly not quite at the same level as mcg.

and re quite different circumstances. the news' analogy was wrong.

he was not 'clean' at all, but more of an economic one (blowing up pylons for one eg). as he said himself if you see him as a saint then he is '..not a saint, unless you think of a saint as a sinner who keeps on trying...'

Its all relative.

In nazi germany some people rescuing Jews had to lie and cheat and sometimes murder 'the bad guys' (who may often just have been 'following orders' and who believed the lies and propaganda of their leaders ....

Take Osbourne - 6 jobs - or perhaps should we say 'paid positions' while drawing an MP's salary and expenses ...

and before anyone says 'yes but we need fewer professional politicians and more with experience in business as MPs ...

Well, Yes I agree but we need those sort of people who bring that experience and devote full time to politics

Surely those who claim they can do 6 'jobs' properly simultaneously while claiming 75K + massive expenses as full time politicians are exactly the sort of 'professional politicians' that we already have far too many of.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4331992/George-Osborne-defends-six-jobs.html?ITO=1490

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

your tax isnt 30%, it is 20% on all earings over £11.6k. NI is paid on all of your earnings and the taxable amount includes NI contributuions so you pay tax on your NI tax- like paying VAT on petrol duty. Self employed people can claim back VAT on certain items that they then sell on with VAT added and then only when their turnover is above £83K. They cant claim back VAT on items that are not sold on and if they claim th VAT on fuel for their van for example they pay a different rate of VAT on all of their turnover, not just VATable things so they have to apy the govt tax where it is not due to claim back money they have spent on theior business. you dont have to spend money to pay your employer for your desk or lighting, you dont buy the bog roll at work and then pay VAT on it as a non VATable item.

Self employed pay tax at the same rate as you do and NI at 8% rather than 10% so they pay 30% in tax on their income above £11.6k, not 32% . Another thing they have to do now is pay tax on account so they have to estimate their income for the year to pay tax on money they arent going to get paid for the next 9 months. would you like it if your boss paid you 3 months pay without deducting tax and then taxed you for the whole year in month 4 and said that was his best guess for the future and the matter will be adjusted in january if it is wrong?

The PAYE system is rotten but dont blame the self employed for having a slightly different system that looks to be better at first glance but one of the reasons that people become self-employed is because the companies they used to work for decided to lose their services so they now go it alone doing the same sort of thing on an individual basis. How many people are employed in the building trade directly? hardly any and that means little training opportunities for the young. the brickies, sparks etc are still in work but with no security of tenure and that saves the employer money, it doesnt benefit the individual much and loses the govt needed NI revenue (mostly from the loss of the employers contributions). I work part time in education on zero hours contracts so dont pay NI as my hours arent enough at any paticular place to get over the threshold. Even full time teachers are now being offered posts where they dont get paid for the whole year, just 38 weeks. Who would be a maths teacher in a sink school with that as an incentive? 6 weeks compulsory unpaid leave in the summer? lovely. I know some who spend their time working as stewards at sporting events or fruit picking. They still have their pupil assessments to do for the coming year and all of the other admin/lesson planning etc but they just dont get paid for it.

If my tax is 30% and my NI is more than my tax therefore i'm not paying 2% NI on my wages, must be more than 30% on my wages.

If you're self employed you have the option to pay more NI contributions to enhance your state pension. If we were all self employed the government would have to wait for a once a year tax divvy to pay for all those public services, apart from the fact those working in the NHS, Police, Fire Service, Waste disposal, Housing etc looking after everyone, so us PAYE paying regularly keep the status quo for those services. Valuable workers. VAT self employed can claim back that tax, PAYE can't. Self employed can off set their taxes. PAYE can't.

Maybe all workers should set up a company in their name and invoice the company they give their services too.

your tax isnt 30%, it is 20% on all earnings over £11.6k.

I know what you mean Ford, but you shouldn't leave out council tax

(or water tax really as there is no competition and no choice)

Last year my council Tax and water tax was about 15% of my gross income (income was small but no benefits as I have savings).

The Tory Legacy

I know what you mean Ford, but you shouldn't leave out council tax

(or water tax really as there is no competition and no choice)

Last year my council Tax and water tax was about 15% of my gross income (income was small but no benefits as I have savings).

'Ford' ? :)

'Ford' ? :)

Sorry Ford, I must have had a moment

That should have been Ericsbrother of course.

apologies to all

The Tory Legacy

Gosh that was 21st March when I posted that:madgrin:

Are you sure :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Beautiful south 21st March

What next year, where can I see them :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert