LPA Receivers taken over my properties with no court order & no agreement from me.

Stevlynd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Admin if you have to merge my posts pease can this be the main one as it has a more relevant title to my problem.

LPA Receivers have taken over my properties with no court order & no agreement from me.

2 of the properties are empty & the receivers are doing nothing about it, how would I stand if I were to go ahead & let the properties with full knowlege of the problem to the tennants?

Admin if you have to merge my posts pease can this be the main one as it has a more relevant title to my problem.

LPA Receivers have taken over my properties with no court order & no agreement from me.

2 of the properties are empty & the receivers are doing nothing about it, how would I stand if I were to go ahead & let the properties with full knowlege of the problem to the tennants?

Okay,if it was me I would re let the properties.

Open another bank account and have the rents paid into it.

Work out how much roughly your quarterly payments were and get that March one paid Pronto.

When, if this goes to a court the judge will note that you have tried not to fall into arrears but the bank pushed you into arrears,banks fault being totally unreasonable.

If they the receivers have changed the locks on the empty properties,INFORM THE POLICE,these properties are still in your name,get a locksmith to change the locks back.

Send a bill to the bank for changing the locks back.

l You've got two months before the June payment if you can make it your back in control.

If you make to there you can start to negotiate,I don't know all the fact's but I would be getting the other tenants in the properties that are let to pay there rents into your new

Bank account REMEMBER there A.S T,s are with you not the bank or the receivers if they don't agree serve them notice's to quit.

GOOD LUCK.

I'll ask over the road if they can log on to here and help you but some are banned.

Are the the LPA receivers acting for the lender

They cannot act in their capacity highlighted unless they have the authority of the court ( Ultra vires )

The properties are still yours unless a court has put any restrictions on the properties

You need to be asking why they have taken possession without any authority of the court

Are we talking bankruptcy here ?

No I am not bankrupt & have never missed a payment or been late or short with a payment. Lpa receivers took over 27th feb & as they told the tenants not to pay their rent because they hadn't opened a bank account for it to go into marches payment was missed.

They cannot act in their capacity highlighted unless they have the authority of the court ( Ultra vires )

The properties are still yours unless a court has put any restrictions on the properties

You need to be asking why they have taken possession without any authority of the court

Hi Squaddie,the OP has another thread going but its all over the place but you should get the just of what's going on if you read it.

This was initially a 5 year deal which i was assured would be renewed. I then took out further loans over 15 years. The banks went belly up & said sorry we lied we want our money back & if you try to pay the 5 year loans we will probably choose to pay them off the 15 year ones. The loan agreement says they can do pretty much as they like, including putting the properties in the hands of the LPA receivers. After asking a million questions before i signed I was assured nothing like this would happen as long as I made the repayments.

Sorry missed the bit about who they are acting for. They have told my tenants they are my agents. I have sent a SARs to them to see if I can find anything that looks although they are acting for the bank in any way but obviously this all takes time.x

Hi Squaddie,the OP has another thread going but its all over the place but you should get the just of what's going on if you read it.

Sorry for the messy threads but am new to all this & my heads a bit of a shed. Thanks to you guys am learning very quickly though.

I could post the letter I sent to my Mp as it pretty much covers everything although as you can imagine it is many pages long. Lol

It does not matter what is put into a contract if it is in contravention of established common/case law

as long as you are the legal owner, with or without any security/mortgage

which this is

only a court can take back a property

It does not matter what is put into a contract if it is in contravention of established common/case law

which this is

Thanks for that squaddie. Am beginning to feel better already.

Looking at that link, i have noticed it is three years old. Since then we have had the meltdown in the banking sector

Thing to watch is:

Has their been any change in statutory provision or established case law to either support, or negate the situation in 2010 in regards to the established practice by some lenders

which this is

Just another point would a court take the properties back or would they make us get round a table & sort the whole mess out?

The court in any dispute will offer mediation before any sort of difference of opinion was placed before a judge

Thanks for that squaddie. I already feel as though a 10 tonne weight has been lifted. Have put the word out that I have properties to let & have already had some interest. Just need to find a tenant with some guts who will be able to stand up to any threats from the receivers.

Edited by Stevlynd

Thanks for that squad die. I already feel as though a 10 tonne weight has been lifted. Have put the word out that I have properties to let & have already had some interest. Just need to find a tenant with some guts who will be able to stand up to any threats from the receivers.
You don't really want to tell the new tenants anything about any dispute,its not there business,when you start taking control the receivers will probably back of, someone at the bank is trying to frighten you ,.they the BANK are acting illegally.

You are going to have to start to stand up for yourself,the bank will try every dirty trick in the book to bully you and intimidate you,you as a tax payer have an 82% stake in this bank.

You've got a long way to go so get going and ask as many questions on here and other places these people will help you.

Don't be BULLIED.

You don't really want to tell the new tenants anything about any dispute,its not there business,when you start taking control the receivers will probably back of, someone at the bank is trying to frighten you ,.they the BANK are acting illegally.

You are going to have to start to stand up for yourself,the bank will try every dirty trick in the book to bully you and intimidate you,you as a tax payer have an 82% stake in this bank.

You've got a long way to go so get going and ask as many questions on here and other places these people will help you.

Don't be BULLIED.

Thanks streetwise feel like we've been fighting alone since the end of February when they took them. Have seen a couple of solicitors but don't have any faith in them. now feel as though I have a whole army behind me. I certainly wont be bullied now i know where i stand. Am wondering though how I would stand putting tenants in without them being fully aware of the situation with the bank as if this goes to court quickly & they're evicted the may have a case to sue me for damages.

Thanks streetwise feel like we've been fighting alone since the end of February when they took them. Have seen a couple of solicitors but don't have any faith in them. now feel as though I have a whole army behind me. I certainly wont be bullied now i know where i stand. Am wondering though how I would stand putting tenants in without them being fully aware of the situation with the bank as if this goes to court quickly & they're evicted the may have a case to sue me for damages.
You are a long way from court unless there is something you have not told us.

When the new tenants sign A.S.T.s they will have rights and the bank won't be able to just throw them out.

These properties are yours.

You are a long way from court unless there is something you have not told us.

When the new tenants sign A.S.T.s they will have rights and the bank won't be able to just throw them out.

These properties are yours.

Lol no I don't think there is anything that I know of that I have not told you but as the tenancy date will be after the date they said they are taking over them and as the bank seem to think they owe them does that not make a difference? Also should I do the assured shorthold tenancy for 5 years, I know you can do them for up to 7 years?

Lol no I don't think there is anything that I know of that I have not told you but as the tenancy date will be after the date they said they are taking over them and as the bank seem to think they owe them does that not make a difference? Also should I do the assured shorthold tenancy for 5 years, I know you can do them for up to 7 years?
What do you think.??? I see you've managed to post over the road. Edited by Streetwise

What do you think.??? I see you've managed to post over the road.

Well I will go with my gut instinct & if I feel they are the right tenants I will do it for 5 years. Ok so now I know what over the road means thanks for that. I searched a different term & they were the 1st to come up. Thanks for all your help. Streetwise.

which this is

Sorry missed this post. Have done a land registry search & my name is over the doors so to speak.

• 6 months later...
Sorry missed this post. Have done a land registry search & my name is over the doors so to speak.

Hi Stevylynd

Have you got any update on the situation,I find myself with exactly the same as yourself down to the 5year deal agreement which was confirmed would be extended then due to the BANK CRISIS

A formal demand for repayment with zero possibility of refinance and now lpa agents appointed ( I also have no arrears and all payments met)