Help me with my car insurance

Lady Pea
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just got a lease car, which is leased for three years with the option to buy at the end. I think this makes me the registered keeper, as I do not have a v5 document therfore the lease company is the owner. I have always been a named driver on my husbands insurance policy, He has 8 years No claims bonus and I ahve zero! If I insure the car on his policy will it be covered as I am the keeper and the named driver? Im totally confused and dont want to invalidate my insurance should I ever need to claim. :?

I would double check with the Insurer, as they vary from Ins Co to Ins Co. However, in my experience as you are married, then you can be the main driver on your husbands policy.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Definately check with the insurer in question. make sure that you give them all of the facts and let them make up their own mind, when you take out the insurance double-check the proposal form before signing and returning it to them.

Insuraing a lease car is not a problem, but the NCB may be. many firms will 'mirror the NCB' if it is a spouse who is also a named driver taking out a new policy. Is your husbands NCB currently being used on another car?