Dual Insurance Advice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I'm pretty new to this forum but I've been reading through the fab advice given to others, and I'm hoping someone can help me out on this....

Basically I have had a mortgage with Halifax since 2003. When I first took the mortgage out, being a bit niave, I also took Halifax Home and Contents Insurance which was just added onto the value of the mortgage. After 2 years I realised I could get this MUCH cheaper elsewhere so went to Lloyds TSB for my Home and Contents for a year, and then Direct Line for another year which takes us up to now.

To cut a long story short, I got a letter a few weeks ago from Halifax Insurance thanking me for my custom and advising of my renewal, when as far as I was concerned, my insurance with them had been cancelled almost 2 years ago. After much to-ing and fro-ing on the telephone it turns out they never actually cancelled it ('this happens all the time' they told me) and I didn't even realise I was still being charged as the total amount was just being aded onto my mortgage.

Anyway I have sent them all the necessary documentation - proof of my policies with Lloyds TSB and Direct Line - and they have offered me a 50% refund of the policy over the 2 years. This amounts to £425. They have told me that Lloyds TSB and Direct Line would have to refund 50% of thier policies too. I am not happy with this as the policies I took out with Lloyds TSB and Direct LIne were less than half the price of the Halifax one, meaning I'd only get approx £600 back in total instead of the over £850 that Halifax have taken from me.

I have called them several times this week, with promises of call backs (none), and I'm not prepared to let this drop. As far as I'm concerened, this is Halifax's mistake and I want my refund in full. I'm aware of Dual Insurance Law etc however I think in this instance, considering this is the Halifax's fault, I am entitled to the full amount.

Can anyone offer any advice as to my next steps? Thanks in advance xx:oops:

How did you cancel with Halifax? Phone, letter or email?

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!