Insurance Issue

hendrixwoman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope I'm posting in the correct forum, appologies if not!

Anyway, I had someone crash into the back of me at the beginning of May. The damage isn't too bad but the rear bumper needs to be replaced and the air bag light needs to be reset. The car is worth approx £1500 and I have had a quote of £600 to put right.

To keep it short my insurance company contacted his over a month ago but as yet I have not heard a peep and the chap is ignoring all of my calls.

I'm a bit concerned as I haven't been in this situation before and I'm not sure what to do next.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks

If you aren't being inconvenienced by the damage and it is in the hands of your insurance company then why worry?

If you do want to chase you should chase the insurance company of the person who hit you

OK to clear a couple of things first.

What level of cover do you have with your insurer eg Comprehensive/TPF&T and do you have any Legal Assistance cover?

If Comprehensive do you only wish to claim directly from third party insurer rather than via your own?

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07