Help - County Court form for insurance payment??!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've received a county court claim form this morning from Devitt Insurance Services. I had my motorhome & car insured with them for three years.

When my motorhome policy was renewed they set it up for the wrong date (the day I expected it to come out it didn't so then I didn't know when it was going to come out) so I cancelled the D/D to avoid a bank charge for another payment that was coming out over the weekend.

Then I telephoned Devitt to re-set up the D/D - they said no, couldn't do it. (Even though they had done it before with no problems at all)

They said I had to pay £263.42 for the motorhome & £97 for the car until they would release my no claims to another insurance company.

Managed to get the car sorted but I did explain over the phone to Devitt that I didn't have £263.42 to pay in one go. I thought it would go to a debt collector & I would be able to pay weekly amounts to clear it.

Received nothing else from Devitt until this morning - a Couny Court form for the full £263.42 + £30 court fee.

It's a complete nightmare - really trying to tidy up my credit to get a mortgage later this year. This is the last thing I need. Does anyone know, if I pay the amount (I think I get 14 days) will I still get a CCJ on my credit file?? Or is it all too late now.

seriously stressed, any advice would be great

dotty

over the last six months I 've found out that my motorhome has three VIN numbers & all three are registered to my one registeration plate - I'm in the middle of a battle with Black Horse

Dotty,

Not every company employs DCAs. It would appear Devitts still retain a cerdit control unit therefore after sending correspondence to you without a satisfactory result (in their opinion), they have applied to the court for judgement.

You have 30 days to appeal or write to the court with a counter claim prior to judgement being granted. They can therefore set this aside.

Regarding the insurance itself though, are you still with them or has the policy been cancelled ? Is the £263 for the full premium. Could you elaborate a bit further on this and may be able to help further.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Hello Trojan

Thanks for replying. The £263 is the remainder of the annual premium.

No I'm not still with them - after setting up the d/d before without any problem I just thought I could set it up again. It was obviously something they were allowing until they decided on a crack down. I noticed that they used to transfer you through their switchboard on a local number but they stopped this also at the same time. Can only call on 0870.

They cancelled my car & motorhome policies.

I telephoned three times they last one was when I paid the outstanding amount on the car so they would release my no claims so I could get my car insured. My son goes to school 9 miles away - I did explain this but they weren't interested.

When I paid for the car I said I just couldn't pay the £263 in one go & could I split the payment - they said no.

At this point I thought it would go to a debt collector. But I've heard nothing until I got the county court form.

It says on it I've got 14 days - but I just haven't got the £263 in one go.

If the insurance company had let me pay weekly it would have been paid off by now.

At the same time I want to avoid the CCJ - will I automatically get that? If it's paid off in the 14 days will I NOT get the CCJ? I don't know much about them.

Many thanks for your help

dotty