Legislation / case law on health insurance needed....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My mother has successfully (well nearly) claimed off her medical insurance, and was promised the money would be in her account by a certain day.

It didn't go in, and it now turns out that the insurer used the wrong sort code for my mums bank.

They are now saying that until they can only pay the money once the missing money is traced.

The error is the insurer's fault, and the bank has confirmed to them that they have received no payment from them (my mum said the insurer and the bank are the same people, but I think she's a bit muddled there).

Obviously not happy with this (dire cash and health problems). Anyone know the relevant legislation to quote to them besides the Riot Act? Not well read on medical and finance stuff myself.

Thanks.

Gyzmo,

It's their fault that they processed the data incorrectly so therefore you should not need to wait. They will have an audit trail so will eventually find it but your mother should not suffer for their error.

I would write to them & demand a cheque by return but find out who the boss is & write to them.

Name & shame the insurer & someone will know who to write to.

:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Couldnt agree more, this is totally shameful and verging on being malicious.

Would love to know which insurer too.

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

Thanks Trojan, I know who to write to, it was merely the relevant legislation I needed. Had to dig out my old Chartered Insurance Institute files and took it from there to get the info.

However, the matter has been resolved following my speaking to the insurer (it's funny how the attitude of these people change when they realise the person on the other end knows what they are talking about and what be fobbed off).

Money has been promised by Tuesday with modest compensation. My mother seems happy with it so I will leave it there until then.

I don't want to name and shame until the money is paid!