close premium finance help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

Ive sent prelimanary letter and lba letters to the above company trying to claim back charges that was added on for car insurance.

I had my ddr unpaid 5 times during the policy and each time cpf put an extra £30 charge on.

Each time they tell me they are within there rights to do this and charge this much.

I know you can claim back bank charges but how do i stand with claiming back charges of a car insurance company?

thanks

karen

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Karen, I pay my car insurance premiums to these people. I pay by 10 monthy installments, with 2 months off (so to speak) so after month 10 last year I cancelled the DD with my bank, thinking it was finished with. I figured when the time came I'd have to set up a new one. Once the renewal came in I had a default notice from them, plus an admin charge of £25 all because I'd cancelled my DD:mad: I do intend to claim this back, but haven't done yet for fear of them cancelling my current credit. Please would you keep us updated how your claim goes, this would help me tremendously.

Thanks in advance:)

Hiya - I had a car insurance policy bought online from Its4me, handled by Close Premium Finance. Paid a deposit online, later I cancelled my DDM and was allowed 3 instalments by cheque, thereafter they wrote and said they would cancell my agreement if I did not set up another DDM. I did not and they said finito! 6 mths later I telephoned for info on my NCB. The old insurer said that I was still on cover and that they would now debit nearly £200 from bank a/c. This they did. Without writing to them directly to cancell the policy they apparently had the right to keep it going and therefore rack up debts for me without my knowledge. I am trying to claim this money back, and I assume this will come under Distance Selling Regs. A CCA form was sent to me by Close but I never signed and returned it, so I also assume that they have put a black mark on my credit record. Any suggestions or directions to relevant course of action would be much appreciated. I have written to them and they say I have to prove cover elsewhere for the period after they cancelled?? thanks

Hiya Stadium, im sorry to hear that you have also incurred charges from these people. Im actually going to start the online claim form for court on tuesday. Ive sent the first letter and the second but not had a satisfactory response. Basically telling me they can account for the whole £30 they charge for an unpaid ddr.

I will keep you posted.

thanks

karen

Hiya Stadium, im sorry to hear that you have also incurred charges from these people. Im actually going to start the online claim form for court on tuesday. Ive sent the first letter and the second but not had a satisfactory response. Basically telling me they can account for the whole £30 they charge for an unpaid ddr.

I will keep you posted.

thanks

karen

Thanks Karen, that would be a great help. I would love to see their breakdown for a £30 charge, wonder if they will actually follow through!:rolleyes: Good luck :)

Hiya - I had a car insurance policy bought online from Its4me, handled by Close Premium Finance. Paid a deposit online, later I cancelled my DDM and was allowed 3 instalments by cheque, thereafter they wrote and said they would cancell my agreement if I did not set up another DDM. I did not and they said finito! 6 mths later I telephoned for info on my NCB. The old insurer said that I was still on cover and that they would now debit nearly £200 from bank a/c. This they did. Without writing to them directly to cancell the policy they apparently had the right to keep it going and therefore rack up debts for me without my knowledge. I am trying to claim this money back, and I assume this will come under Distance Selling Regs. A CCA form was sent to me by Close but I never signed and returned it, so I also assume that they have put a black mark on my credit record. Any suggestions or directions to relevant course of action would be much appreciated. I have written to them and they say I have to prove cover elsewhere for the period after they cancelled?? thanks

Hi Campari, I recently read of a similar situation where someone had been paying (unknowingly) two lots of insurance. If I remember correctly they had to send proof of the other insurance cover to get their money back. Will try and find it, it's in this forum somewhere!

I think it's disgusting that these companies have the right to keep our bank details this way. I am going to search for my Close T&C's, see if/where it mentions any of this. I think I'll go to Direct Line next year!:p

Tell you what guys, I for one will be examining ANY setof T&C's for absolutely anything I have in the future. We live and learn.

Hiya, will send you a copy of the breakdown that hes promised me. I wouldnt hold out much hope that its going to arrive mind you.

will keep you posted

karen

LOL, I agree Karen, can't see the breakdown arriving anytime soon but hey, maybe he'll surprise us!;)

Thanks again, much appreciate your help.

Hiya, i wonder if someone could help me with the particulars of claim on the online claim form. I dont really know if i should just use the standard particulars of claim for reclaiming bank charges just changing the bank to insurance or something else..

any help would be appreciated

thanks

karen

Hi Karen, wish I could help you. I have searched through the forums but can't seem to find anyone posting about this.:confused: I would have thought it is the same POC's as the bank, but change what you need, as you've mentioned above. Maybe once you reword it, you could try get a mod or someone knowledgeable to check them over before you submit?

Good luck:)

Hiya - have finally had a reply from Its4me Insurance Online, they have bumped their cancellation fee up from £30 to £51.96 - seems an odd figure - and say they paid HIHGHWAYS for my insurance. ? So - I think I need to do a DPA on both companies - I intend to get this money back - Ive looked at the Distance Selling Regs and they are no way keeping it! will keep you informed.

Ive looked at the Distance Selling Regs and they are no way keeping it! will keep you informed.

DSR is not applicable to insurance.

Distance Selling Regulations

Exceptions to the regulations

The regulations do not apply to:

• financial services
  • sale of land or buildings
  • purchases from a vending machine or automated commercial premises
  • the use of a public pay phone
  • auctions, including internet auctions
  • rental agreements that have to be in writing (i.e. a lease for three years or more)

Cahoot - Rejection of offer sent 14/06/07

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22/03/07

Hey there - thanks for that info - Insurance itself then is not covered - the finance provided for that cover that was not paid to the finance company as they cancelled the contract - it is the insurance company that has taken the money???

Hey Karen,

Will follow your thread with interest, i've had many many problems with Close.

I am at the MCOL stage but not put it thru yet because of lack of funds, am thinking of taking the FO route for this one as it's free. Let me know how you go with MCOL.

BAsically they've charged me 3 times for returned DD's but in the last letter they sent me they stated that I had to pay a £30 admin charge and my total payable was therefore £20.47 (which is my normal payment - you do the math!!) and I had to pay before a certain date.

I phoned up to pay and was greeted with the news that their phone payment system was broken so i had to call back, I phoned back the day before payment was due and was told I owed £70 odd, I gathered that by this time I'd need to pay another £20.47 but the only letter I had from them stated that I owed £20.47 that was it. I tried to pay this amount, I even offered to pay 2 month's worth - £40.94 but that i was not paying the £30 admin charges unless they could tell me how they were made up, they told me I had to write in to ask them. Anyway, they refused my payment of £40.94 telling me I had to pay the full amount or nothing. I demanded to speak to a manager and she said exactly the same, I asked them to confirm that they were refusing my payment and they agreed, they then said I could pay the full amount or the cover would be cancelled as of midnight that night, I told them to cancel it. I found new (cheaper!) insurance online within minutes. A few days later I get a letter from them telling me I was in breach of contract for not paying the £20.47 I owed - er HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fired off a huge complaint to them and have also complained to the Financial Ombudsman.

They are a bunhc of jokers - avoid at all costs

pinky :p

Hiya pinky,

Sorry to hear your having a nightmare with this company as well. I was in two minds whether to start the mcol or not but decided i would. Ive never actually been to court so im pretty worried if it does get to that stage. Hopefully as the claim is for £150 plus interest and court fees of £30 they might decide it would be cheaper to settle rather than sending one of there employees to the court..

Will keep you posted. Did you get a reply from the ombudsman?

thanks

karen