Lloyds House insurance policy - they refused to pay - Help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Greetings all,

I have a buildings/contents policy with Lloyds. In Jan bad weather blew the TV arial down, damaged roof etc. Works cost £385 plus VAT.

I claimed.

They refused payout - as they had consulted their "weather reports" & deemed it not severe enough to pay out!

Needless to say one can ask the Q "what is the point of insurance"

I have called them, they refuse to debate it, I am writing a letter of complaint, will give them 2 weeks to payout otherwise its the County Court for me. I have paid the builders for the repair now.

if anyone can advise as to any recourse quoting any relevant legislation SI's or case law that would be great.

Thanks

Before you go to court on this one it'll be quicker doing it this way.

Firstly, ask the builder to confirm in writing what the cause of damage was, and the pre loss condition of the aerial. If he confirms storm damage then it is set in stone that you will be covered.

Insurance companies use systems like Geoproof to ascertain the ave wind speed / gusts of postcodes. The FSA have told insurance companies not to use this computer as the sole reason for denying the claim. Once you get the report from the builder send it to the Ins Co and they should reverse the decision.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

Bimey thats excellant news! I will give him a call tomorrow toask him if he will write a short letter to me/insurcane that confirmes the storm damage.

I shall keep this site posted & once again, many thanks!

Mitch:)