style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well... I certainly do get around this forum.

I have recently noticed rippling in my wallpaper , a double glazed window that has moisture inside it and my kitchen window that has a mysterious crack in it (inner pane).

Minor cracks that I patched a year or two ago have cracked again and some wall cracks have appeared through wallpaper !!! I started peeling back wallpaper in places and have revealed cracks of up to 5mm wide.

Cracks in the chimney stack (about 1cm wide running from top to bottom - from what I can see in the airing cupboard), front room and dining room are one open plan setup and this has a 5mm crack running horizontally where the ceiling joins the wall (about 5 meteres in length judging by the distortion in the wallpaper). Only lived here for almost 4 years. House is end of terrace and my neighbour has also noticed recent cracking in their house. o

Oh , and the floor seems to be lifting. There is an incline towards the rear french doors from about a yard away- summing aint right here

I have buildings insurance that covers subsidence, but I would like an insurance assesor to assist me in my claim. Trouble is I dont know the professionals from the Cowboys - Can anybody suggest a company or offer advice?

:eek:

Loss Assessors!!! NOOOOOO!

Working in claims I can think of nothing worse than appointing an Assessor at this time.

If you got your Insurance through a Broker, talk it through with them, however, if you insured direct my advice to you would be registering the claim with the Insurer, liase with the Loss Adjuster that comes round, and if there is a problem / claim has been declined then appoint a loss assessor.

When speaking to a loss adjuster do not take the cash settlement - always insist on replacement, as a loss adjuster will only give cash settlement if he gets a substantial saving - so usually the cash settlement will not cover the losses.

However, if you insist on appointing a loss assessor, ask them what qualifications the people handling your claim have (I do not know of any national loss assessors)...

You really need someone with a degree or Diploma / Advanced Diploma in Insurance (as accredited by the CII).

If they advise that they have an Insurance Foundation Certificate then I would personally stay away - there is little mention of subsidence in this course.

If they advise they are qualified to IF1 standard then dont touch at all.

Good Luck

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!