Wescot

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a letter from Wescot and it says -

"Unless you make a payment of £189.60 within the next 14 days a Claim Form / Summons may be lodged with Hull County Court or the local Sherriff Court for residents in Scotland and subsequently issued to you for payment of the outstanding balance plus all statutory legal expenses..

as follows..

Amount claimed - £189.60

Legal Expenses - £80.00

Total Amount - £269.60

The letter says payment is due before 21st June 07.

I am worried I will get a default or a CCJ. Please can someone advise. I am certain I have never signed a credit agreement.

Thanks

Schmoo

You need to send them a CCA letter by recorded delivery, make them prove it's you. When they prove it isn't, send them a bill for your time and the CCA payment.

When they don't pay up, as they wont, slap them down with a CCJ :D

Nil Illigitimus Carborundum

While the previous post is a little flippant, you should send a CCA request. This places the account in dispute and the can not lawfully pursue you while the account is in dispute. The template for the CCA request is here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html template N.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.