P&O ferry crossing cancellation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6142 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok here goes..

Had to curtail my holiday early and come home from Switzerland due to the fact the engine blew up in our van!

Tried to cancel and get a refund on my ferry crossing from Bilbao to Portsmouth but told by P&O that because its less than 15 days til sailing I'm entitled to NO refund!! £612-00!!:o

Phoned travel insurance company and asked about a claim and was told that because I never phoned them to tell them I had broken down (phoned breakdown insurance company instead!), I was not covered and therefore not liable for compensation...

The Travel insurance company is Direct Travel underwritten by AXA assistance, strangely enough the same people who underwrite my breakdown cover!

Can I do anything about this?

The return sailing is due on 15th June (this Friday)

07/02/07 - statements requested :o

Yes.

WRITE to them and explain the circumstances - you should get a change of decision

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

As a travel claims handler for Norwich Union, I'd be surprised if they were repudiating just because you didn't notify them. Are you sure that your travel policy covers this eventuality? Curtailment / abandonment is usually only covered in specific circumstances such as medical emergency of you or a relative back home, your home being damaged, etc. If you're claiming under Missed Departure you're more likely to be covered for vehicle breakdown but must be able to provide evidence of when this happened. What's the exact reason given for the repudiation?

21/8/06 Intelligent Finance - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

1/9/06 Intelligent Finance Prelim Approach letter requesting refund of £319 charges

10/9/06 Intelligent Finance LBA sent

26/9/06 Moneyclaim Online filed - £385.88

12/10/06 Settlement of £415.88