Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder garsan Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

Default claim stayed?

Need Help.
    After filing a claim through MCOL, it was transferred to the local court. I was waiting for an allocation questionnair, but received the following from the courts. It is ordered that this claim be stayed for 28 days from the date of service of this order for settlement. The claimant to notify the court of the current position on expiry of the stay.

What does this mean? Where will I find the date of service? I was waiting to here from the court to see if there was an allocation questionnair before I gave DG a nudge letter. All I can think of is that this is a period of time to try and get a settlement, and it is my responsibility at the end of the time to let the courts know if we have got anywhere. Does anyone have any suggestion on where to go next.