Tower Investigations LTD

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4701 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, first post here. Will introduce myself in the welcome forums next.

Anyway, a few days ago i received this letter:

Dear Mr XXXXXXXXXX,

We act on behalf of a client and would be oblidged if you could telephone us on FREEPHONE 0800 XXX XXXX in order to assist us with our enquiry.

Yours sincerely

Tower Investigations Ltd

Tower Investigations

No specifics, no address, no contact name, just the FREEPHONE number, web url (that takes you to a very basic front page) and reference number.

Looking at the posts on Grumbletext, UK consumer complaints - post online and via SMS text message!

..they seem to be tied to two companies called GLOBAL DEBT RECOVERY LIMITED / GLOBAL DIRECT SERVICES PLC.

Knowing that i have never encountered any financial difficluties or had any outstanding debts, my gut instinct is to ignore the letter and avoid this lot like the plague. However, i am curious to know if anyone else on here has received something similar or had dealings with Tower Investigations?

Kind Regards

DP :)

To be on the safe side, it might be an idea to take a look at your credit files.

Experian, Equifax and Call Credit are the three-and you can order your

files online.

It is possible that someone with the same name as you is the person they are

looking for and might have added it to your file in error.

Another possibility is that your id has been cloned, so once again, checking

your credit file might stop things escalating.

• Haha 1

Given what LFI has said... I'ld (personally) be inclined to call them... It's an 0800 number, do it from a telephone box... From what U say, U are debt free, so this could be a serious matter. A close friend or colleague could have named you as a referee that is being checked out..?

Don't forget that under shedloads of regulations they must tell you the exact nature of their contact!

Look forward to updates.

Regards, Dave.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. :)

I've taken LFI's advice and ordered a credit file - Experian have a free 30 day trial so I plumped for them.

I have this nagging feeling that it could have something to do with an ex-girlfriend that I lived with & seperated from 5 years ago. Still, that's purely speculative at the moment, we'll see when the files arrive - I Shall report back.

Kind Regards

DP

DP2000,whatever appears on Experian, you will still have to get the other

two reports since banks etc report to different Credit Reporting Agencies.

It is as well to be fully informed on what may be on your separate files

which may help clarify why Tower are trying to involved.

• 5 months later...

Had the same thing happen to me on Saturday.

I phoned them mainly because they handle Geneology investigations and it is an interest of mine.

I was asked for my birthdate "To comply with the Data Protection Act" I refused to give it them till they told me what it was about. Eventually the individual on the end told me they were acting for a company called "Global....something?" and they were trying to trace an individual whose birthdate they knew. I gave my birthdate and was then asked if I had every lived in Jury, or maybe Dury street, to which the answer was in the negative.

On further consideration I realise that I was stupid to give any information at all, they now have my address AND date of birth.

I also found the manner of the chap extremely unprofessional, calling me "Mate", and also lying to me with regards to the Data Protection Act, also if they had the birthdate why the need for a follow up question or does this namesake also share my birthdate.

Take heed

Keith

• 4 months later...

This seems very 'scammy' to me. Scary too.

I've just received the exact same letter from Tower Investigations at my home address, but to a completely bogus name. I open ALL letters correctly addressed to this house, even if they don't have my name on them.

Dear Mr XXXXXX

We act on behalf of a client and would be obliged if you could telephone us on FREEPHONE 0800 877 8761 in order to assist us with our enquiry.

Yours sincerely

Tower Investigations Ltd

Tower Investigations

The only return address on their letter is:

Registered Office: 2C Cartwright Court, Bradley Business Park, Huddersfield, HD2 1GN.

The only phone number is the 0800 number in the text of the letter.

They also show:

Company Registration No 03402831

Consumer Credit License No 565360

E-mail: [email protected]

The only contact details on the website are the registered office and the e-mail address, no phone number.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

(to cut a long story short)

Several years ago I started getting letters to this address with a different name. The first three I sent back "Not at this address". But they kept coming, so I opened one and found it was Inland Revenue claiming unpaid income tax (to this bogus person with a different National Insurance number).

I telephoned them and explained this person doesn't live here and never had. They apologised and said 'ignore the letters", but they kept coming. I phoned several more time and wrote them a letter. But they kept coming. I saved about 20 of them and posted them all back in one envelope with a nasty letter. But they kept coming.

Eventually I had the Bailiff turn up at the front door looking for him. I explained this person doesn't live here, nor had he ever lived here, and it all stopped. UNFORTUNATELY, not before a CCJ had been levied against this address by the Inland Revenue.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I've already had a couple of letters addressed here to this new bogus name (which I've dealt with), and it's my guess that Tower Investigations are trying to find this latest [EDIT].

I tried phoning the 0800 number, but all I got was an automated message which 'claimed' to put my call into a queue (with a very strange ring tone). I'll try again on Monday from a public call box.

• 2 weeks later...

They offer a wide range of services, but if they were contacting you for the other services they provide such as pre employment checks etc they would have full details and would write thier request not just please ring this number so they are fishing!

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

• 1 year later...

hi ive just had a letter from tower which was sent to my business landlord.Its from an old debt from 1996.This debt was being chased by another company but they must have sold it onto these bozos now.I have used every trick in the book to avoid paying this debt(basicly my house was repossessed and the building society sold it for £6,000 when i took a mortgage out for £26,000 theres now a shortfall of of 20k) dont know if this will ever go away but im gonna keep duckin and divin.

• 1 year later...

i have also recieved a letter from them which was sent to my mums address even though i havnt lived there for the last 7 years when she threw me out. I am also really worried because they address the letter to a mrs alexandra hunt. hunt is my ex-partners and my young son's surname and i have never been known by this name or even been married so am really puzzled as to why they are trying to contact me using that incorrect name.

if they are using the name mrs a.hunt to contact me i can assume its got something to do with when i was living with my ex, which may i add i left him in july 2008 so who could possibly want me using that name, who thinks i live at my mums address and after that amount of time??

does anybody know if there is a list of what companies hire tower investigations to investigate us?? or have any ideas of even just a few companies because i know i owed money to a few people/companies when i left my ex partner in july 2008 but if i know who is tryiong to find me then im more prepared for it.

much appreciated

thank you

With a mortgage shortfall it cannot be 'enforced' after 12 years, AND they can only add interest for 6 years..... It drops off your credit files after 12 years (but presumably gets 'archived' and is viewable by certain paid parties.... still to be confirmed).

hi ive just had a letter from tower which was sent to my business landlord.Its from an old debt from 1996.This debt was being chased by another company but they must have sold it onto these bozos now.I have used every trick in the book to avoid paying this debt(basicly my house was repossessed and the building society sold it for £6,000 when i took a mortgage out for £26,000 theres now a shortfall of of 20k) dont know if this will ever go away but im gonna keep duckin and divin.

hi, tower investigations recently sent a letter 2 my mums address which i have not lived at for 7 yrs. they were also using the name mrs alexandra hunt to get in touch with me. ive never been married and the surname they are using is my ex-partners and my young sons surname. and considering i was never known by this name im worried what they could want from me.

i am sure i dont owe any money especially under a name which i have never used!!

does anybody no what companies hire them as this would give me an idea of what it is they want from me

cheers

What details are on the letter if there is nothing to tell you what they are after ignore them until they do!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: