Insurance Work Cock Up!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6162 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Any suggestions please.

2 guys turned up this morning to do some plastering - claimed on my insurance.

They filled a tub up in my bathroom (left it on the floor)and it turned out that this tub had a slit in it. The first I knew was when water was coming through my kitchen ceiling - the bathroom is above .

I went upstairs and told them about it and they just mopped up the water with one of my towels!! on the bathroom floor.

My bathroom floor is aqualoc - but it is only splash resistant and the water has seeped to the end of the planks then underneath.

Who is responsible for putting this right if there is any damage? What do I do if they refuse?

Thanx in advance:eek:

It would really depend on who sent in the builders. If the builders have been sent in by the Insurance Company (BMC, Carillion, etc.) then you can complain to the Insurers if the damage gets worse. The Insurers will then send the company out again to rectify the matter.

However, if you were asked to get 2 estimates / you decided to use your own builder, then it is up to you to get them to make right the damage.

however, once the water has dried up, there is a chance that there will be no lasting damage, fingers crossed.

Regards

Craig

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!