car Insurance via Post Office, had your 'cash back'?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Has anyone else taken out a Car insurance policy through the Post Office recently?

If it was during the promotional period of £50 'cashback' (actually Postal Orders apparantly!)

If so, have you had any trouble getting the cashback?

I took out the policy on March 8th and was told to allow 28 days for the Postal Orders to arrive. 4 phone calls later and still no cash, Postal orders, cheques or anything, basically no 50 quid in any shape or form!

Insurance dept blame the Post Office dept as they say PO is responsible for sending out the P.Orders. Post Office say its the Insurance depts fault as they have to validate the claim.

Has been escalated to a Supervisor but not had the promised call back. Paid for the policy on a credit card, depending on the 50 quid being last months payment!

Anyone else had problems? anyone get it resolved? ideas....anyone...please!

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!

Call me cynical but why does this not suprise me !!

For motor insurance, the PO use Budget Insurance (BISL Ltd) to place policies on their behalf. Budget inturn are a broker in their own right who on behalf of the PO will have placed your policy with an Insurer in their own right. Check your certificate and the actual insurer will be stated probably at the bottom.

The problem hear appears to be one of a line of communication. The PO is responsible to pay your £50 as it is their promotion and paid out of the commission they receive from Budget. How they get their comm paid may be monthly or quarterly, I don't know.

Did you pay in full or via an instalment plan. If instalments then I suspect there will be a 4th party involved in the process.

Have you received the full policy ? i.e certificate, policy schedule & motor policy full T&Cs ?

If the latter then all parties have agreed to contract therefore there is no reason why you should not have your £50. The initial contract is with the PO & if they state that your £50 would arrive within 28 days then it is actually down to them. However, check the small print...is it 28 days from the policy issue date or 28 days from the attachment date i.e. when you agreed to incept policy via PO & initial payment made to bind cover ?

Even so, IMO, they are simply stalling.

Fire off a complaint stating policy number etc to [email protected]

This is the main contact for complaints involving PO products & services.

I hope this has helped in some way. If so, please give my scales a quick click.

• Haha 1
:p :p If my advice as been of help, please give me a quick click on the scales to your right ;) ;) :)

Hi Trojan

Thanks so much for your reply (and the email address for complaint!)

Yes i have had all the paperwork, full policy document, t&c's, schedule the whole shebang. due to the cashback coming I paid by credit card because it brought the policy down so cheap, the £50 would have been nearly a 3rd of the total policy price! didnt make sense to pay any extra for monthly instalments.

Yes, the policy is actually with Budget, made me laugh too, because until March i was with budget, their renewal quote was £80 higher for exactly the same policy. absolutely ridiculous, what happened to the days when it was cheaper direct as source and renewing earnt some loyalty points, anyway, i digress!

It said delivery of the Postal Orders would be within 28 days from the 14 days you have to cancel the contract (if you see what i mean)

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!