SAR - Groupama delaying tactics ?!?!?!?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

I am writing this on behalf of a friend who has problems with his insurance and in desperate need of help before taking the insurance company to the Financial Services Authorities.

Brief background

Accident where he was hit from behind happened in 2004, car write off, friend longlasting injuries. Insurers admitted fault without contacting my friend (found out with DPA request last year). Subsequent accident later that same year, my friend not in the car, but car was smashed by other car reversing, car again write off. This was thankfully all on video from home security and other party admitted fault.

Over the past 2 years my friend has been trying to solve the claims, and get money for personal injury and losses due to the accident.

Insurers kept mocking my friend around, moving him from pillar to post by telephone and subsequently he ran out of time. The lawyer from the broker (the AA) has been worthless, as they couldnt act because of the admitting of liability by the insurance company (again found out last year due to SAR)

My friend wants to solve this now once and for all and need some help. So the questions which I hope you can help him with are:

Using the guideline from the Information Commisionars Office a SAR was requested relating to the 2nd vehicle. A reply came today which states he MUST fill in their form and state exactly which information he wants. This seems directly contradictory to the law granting a SAR. Because how can he know what information he wants if he doesnt have it.

So is this normal practice?

Or is there a legal phrase where he can legitamately accuse the insurers of deliberatly waisting time, with what seems to be an internal form.

Has anyone else experience with Groupama who seem to move offices so often no one can keep track of them (MI5 might now ;)).

They have cocked up severly over the past as in one letter stating 'no we never ask for licence' and in a following letter stating 'yes we asked for your licence but have lost it' :o

Can the 40 days of SAR be started as this letter acknowledges the first formal request?

The whole situation is a complete mess and needs to be solved, but no one is willing to help out.

Hope someone here can give some advice

Cheers

LMS

Hi, I used to work for Groupama and they closed a number of Offices in the UK in 2004, being a French Company the French Employees offered to strike in sympathy !! Anyway, the motor and claims were all handled in Manchester so I would try there otherwise the HO for the UK is in London, try the link for details Groupama Insurances - Contact Us - Post / Telephone

As long as your letter states subject access request and you have enclosed your fee then they do not have to insist it be completed on their form.

To speed up your friends request though I would write back and advise you have done everything necessary, but for clarification the information you wish is all that is reasonably accessible under the terms of the DPA 1998.

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!