Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder chrissieo Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    May 2007

Default Monument(Providian) COmpuCredit Takeover

I have just cleared all outstanding debts from an old Providian (Monument)credit card via a collection agency (RMAI). Today I contacted Monument to request statements. I have since find out that an AMerican COmpany called CompuCredit will be taking over accounts from the 1st June. How does this effect my claim for charges from approximately 2003.

Chrissie

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder Pliny the Penuriosus Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

Default Re: Monument(Providian) COmpuCredit Takeover

It doesn't they are still liable to their uk customers

Follows
    Following

Cagger since
    May 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Pliny the Penuriosus View Post
    It doesn't they are still liable to their uk customers
    Cheers,

Thanks

Chrissie

Basic Account Holder kiri260180 Novitiate kiri260180's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

I have written asking for my money back and heard nothing the 40 days are up and I have not heard a peep - sorry to butt in but have you had any more luck as I dont even know if I am still writing to the right address?

Basic Account Holder Camdenite Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by chrissieo View Post
    I have just cleared all outstanding debts from an old Providian (Monument)credit card via a collection agency (RMAI). Today I contacted Monument to request statements. I have since find out that an AMerican COmpany called CompuCredit will be taking over accounts from the 1st June. How does this effect my claim for charges from approximately 2003.

Chrissie
    I seem to be banging my head against a brick wall with them, I sent the non-compliance letter over a week ago and have followed it up with two phone callsicon. Their response each time is that they cannot locate my data since the takeover. Has anyone else had this same excuse?

They originally acknowledged receipt of my S.A.R - (Subject access requesticon) and even told me my account # (it's a long since closed account). I was informed that the SARicon was being dealyt with and the list of charges/statements would be with me shortly, but that's over three weeks ago now.

Does anyone have a name there at the Crawley office that I can speak to directly? I have tried asking for someone in ther Legal Dept. but just get promised a call back (never received).

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder kiri260180 Novitiate kiri260180's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

I am exactly in the same position as you sent them the non-compliance 7 days ago and not heard a peep out of them.

Are they still owned by Barclaysicon? If they are might be best to try to ask Barclays how squeeze information out of them.

Does anybody know what happens if they cant supply the data?

kiri260180

Cagger since
    May 2007

Has anyone any update as to what is happening since the take over. Has anyone had any luck in the past with this shower

Chrissie

Basic Account Holder moonstar1 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Nov 2009

I had a call from an unknown number this morning from Circuit Financial Solutions offering to sort out my financial problems. They are CompuCredit which is Monument!!

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE