style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm currently appealing to a claim for my stolen mobile. They have denied my claim on the grounds that I did not contact them within the 42 hours time bracket, however I did contact the police and my service provider withing 24hours.

Could any1 help me on this one as I feel this is just wrong..? :?

Natwest Paid out £284.40 bank changes

There are a few things you can do. Firstly, I would contact the ombudsman for advice... Tel No 0845 080 1800.

I feel that the denial of the claim as it is timebarred might be unfair, especially as you look to the improtance of contacting them straight away. You took all the steps correct to minimise the NSP liabilities...

However, how long outside the 42 Hours were you outside?? Are we talking hours, days, weeks, months, years??

If it is hours or days then you might be better off pleading (without getting angry or sarcastic) with a senior advisor / manager.

Good Luck

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!

My phone got nicked on the 13th and reported it the next day, they said to wait for my crime Ref no. That only arrived on the 16th and I called the Insurance Company on the 17th. So I was properly 4 days late. However I'm counting on the fact that I got Advised by the police to wait for my ref no as they didn't give it to me on the day... I hope that helps

Natwest Paid out £284.40 bank changes

It seems that your actions are reasonable and therefore they will not be able to deny the claim.

Try writing them a polite letter complaining about their decision, explaining the delay and asking them to reconsider. Make it plain that you are prepared to take this to the Financial Ombudsman. That should do the trick - if not you will have to wait until they give you a "final response" or 8 weeks have elapsed before referring it to FOS.

• 2 weeks later...