• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DG v RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6468 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am writing a DPA request to RBS for details of charges to my account over the last 5 years (I am Scotland based). I opened my Student account in 1998, in 2003 it became a Graduate account and since 2005 it has beeen a Royalties account. Despite these changes to my account type is it all counted as the one account or will they see it as 3 different accounts?

Obviously I shall be sending the £10 fee but as I do not have a cheque book what are the alternative acceptable payment methods? Would a postal order be ok? My mum has said she will write a cheque for me if I can't use any other method - will they accept a cheque signed by someone other than the person applying for the DPA?

I will be sending the letter to my branch, do they have a duty to pass it on to the correct person if they cannot fullfil my request?

Sorry if these seem like very elementary questions, I just want to make sure I do everything absolutely correctly and they have nothing to catch me out on. Thanks in advance. :)

RBS:

Data Protection Act request sent 6/6/06

Prelim sent 23/6/06 - no response

LBA sent 10/7/06

Even though the account has changed it is still the same account. You only need to make one request.

A crossed postal order will be fine to pay for the request.

You can send it to your local branch - just make it clear it is a DPA request. Alternatively if you look at the posts at the top of this forum there are some contact details of addresses to send your request to.

• Confused 1

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Thanks so much for the swift response! :)

I will update when I receive a response from RBS.

RBS:

LBA sent 10/7/06

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday I received an envelope with all my old statements inside but no letter detailing information on manual intervention. It looks like they have charged me £5 for the statements and credited my account with the remaining £5 from the cheque I sent. Had a quick look through the statements and I think I'll be claiming back at least £1600 :eek: I'm really shocked, I thought it might be about £500!

RBS:

LBA sent 10/7/06

Hey there debt girl, just joined the site myself and will be taking my initial letter into the bank tomorrow. You asked all the questions I wanted to. I'm so glad I found your thread.

Good luck with everything

Hey there debt girl, just joined the site myself and will be taking my initial letter into the bank tomorrow. You asked all the questions I wanted to. I'm so glad I found your thread.

Good luck with everything

Thanks for the good wishes! I hope everything goes well for you too :)

RBS:

LBA sent 10/7/06

Ok, I thought I'd managed to work all this out but I'm having problems - as I've mentioned in another post I have a real problem with numbers and the more I look at my statements the less sense they make!

I know that I can claim for:

Unarranged overdraft maintenance charge

card misuse

Unpaid DD and CHQ

I know I can not claim the £6 account service charge but what about when it is incorporated into the unarranged overdraft charge? Do I deduct £6 from the charge or claim the whole amount?

I'm using the spreadsheet to calculate interest so do I list every single interest charge that appears on the statements or just the ones that appear after charges?

:confused:

RBS:

LBA sent 10/7/06

Guest willowb

Hi there debt girl:) I didn't deduct the standard charge from the unofficial overdraft fee. I figured that they should have done this in the first place! but I'd wait for a more informed response.

Thanks for the info willowb :) I've put everything in the spreadsheet and the penalty charges come to £2125 and the interest on penalties is £220.69 - not sure if it's quite right as is sounds an awful lot!? Anyway my claim is definitely well over the £750 limit in Scotland so if I'm going to sever the claim do I send the prelim letter for the full amount or do I just ask them for £750 initially? I've tried searching for info on this but can't find a clear answer.

RBS:

LBA sent 10/7/06

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Have had no response at all to the Prelim letter so LBA has been posted with revised schedule of charges due to another charge taken in the last 2 weeks.

RBS:

LBA sent 10/7/06

Thanks for the info willowb :) I've put everything in the spreadsheet and the penalty charges come to £2125 and the interest on penalties is £220.69 - not sure if it's quite right as is sounds an awful lot!? Anyway my claim is definitely well over the £750 limit in Scotland so if I'm going to sever the claim do I send the prelim letter for the full amount or do I just ask them for £750 initially? I've tried searching for info on this but can't find a clear answer.

What is this £750 limit? I haven't heard of this. I am about to send of my prelim letter for £848. Any advice

Imamackay

Guest willowb
What is this £750 limit? I haven't heard of this. I am about to send of my prelim letter for £848. Any advice

Imamackay

Hiya:)

There are different rules and regs for Scotland as far as I can make out. If you read the FAQs you'll find everything you need to know.

debt girl, I only asked for the charges back in my lba, thinking that if they coughed up then I'd be happy with that (rightly or wrongly). since they haven't though!!! I have submitted a claim for charges (inc. referral, od and penalties) interest on those charges (use the spreadsheet or work out the formula yourself....0.00022 x amount x number of days since charge) plus the interest charged on the overdraft and any interest on the interest!!!!:confused: :o

Well....in for a penny!!! I'll let you know, but I've learned not to be NICE!

Good luck girl:)