Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder kregrs Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Default Mortgage Charges - Which can I claim back?

I have had, in the past, 3 different mortgages.
    1st) Igroup - 25k, in arrears for just under 2yrs til i remortgaged with...
    2nd) SPML - 55k+/- in arrears for 6mths til I remortgaged with....
    3rd) Kensington 80k+/- in arrears for 9mths til I gave up all hope and sold the house!
    As you can probably understand, with the total time of arrears I paid a fairly hefty amount in charges etc. Late payments, missed payments, 2nd attempt missed payments,

What exactly can I claim back? And is there a limit to how far I can go back?

Similar Threads:

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    zootscoot Authoritative zootscoot Authoritative zootscoot Authoritative zootscoot Authoritative zootscoot Authoritative zootscoot Authoritative zootscoot Authoritative zootscoot Authoritative zootscoot Authoritative zootscoot Authoritative zootscoot Authoritative

Cagger since
    Jun 2006
    I am in
    www.e-lawresources.co.uk

Default Re: Mortgage Charges - Which can I claim back?

You can claim arrears fees, late payment fees and returned payment fees.

Start off by doing a SARicon. Use the one from the bank template library simply change the wording to reflect that it is for a mortgageicon account.

If the charges were added to the overall loan you can go bac 12 years. If they added the charges to your monthly payment or the arrears then the standard 6 yrsicon applies unless you raise s.32 of the Limitations Act.

All the best

Zoot

Basic Account Holder ELLENGLASS Novitiate

Cagger since
    May 2007

Default Re: Mortgage Charges - Which can I claim back?

Ihave changed lenders twice in the past can I claim back charges and how do I go about it.

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE