Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Basic Account Holder hedgehog0045 Novitiate hedgehog0045's Avatar

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter

Cagger since
    Aug 2006
    I am in
    At home

Question Power 2 contact Ltd

Have just had a yellow card in the post from this company to say they will be calling on wednesday to discuss recent communication????

Anyone heard of them ?

Similar Threads:

Basic Account Holder fruit_boy Novitiate

Cagger since
    Oct 2007

Default Re: Power 2 contact Ltd

I too have had one of these yellow cards.......
    Did anyone come round to you and, if so, what did they want???

Basic Account Holder mollyr0x Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2007

Was the card posted by hand or the old 'second class' rubbish?

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    miss muppet Informative miss muppet Informative miss muppet Informative miss muppet Informative miss muppet Informative

Cagger since
    Feb 2006
    I am in
    midlands

Yes, we've had the same. No more probs since reporting them to the Police and getting incident number. Had a card with a field of pumpkins on it recently tho,no idea who from just a telephone number which we didn't bother to use

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2007
    I am in
    Zippys Back!!!!!

I bet you they dont turn up!!

Basic Account Holder mollyr0x Novitiate

Cagger since
    Aug 2007

Me to! But let us know anyway

Site Team ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel Highly authoritative ScarletPimpernel's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

Power2Contact are a tracing agency, no doubt on a fishing expedition on behalf of a DCAicon. File anything they send under 'ignore'.

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben Authoritative Curlyben's Avatar

Cagger since
    Feb 2007

I have wasted alot of tea and cake waiting for these type of "people" to arrive.
    It is highly unlikely that anyone will turn up.
    If they do simply tell them to leave and communicate in writing ONLY.

As and when the attached DCAicon writes to you update us and we'll help.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder harrythehawk Novitiate harrythehawk's Avatar

Cagger since
    Dec 2006

I got a letter from them which was utter cock and they reckon they will charge 22.66 for it. Obviously, letter straight back to them telling them basically the second word is off and to halifaxicon who instructed them to also tell them the second word is off ...... just another episode in the mind games, which I am winning !!! yay !!!

Professional Halifax Loather

"In the dark, all cats are grey"

Illegitimi Non Carborundum
    Follows
    Following

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

When you write back to a letter which states they are charging you enclose a bill for secretarial/legal services and ask them for immediate payment.... should raise a few eyebrows their end. After all you too have overheads and costs involved.....

Basic Account Holder majorclanger100 Novitiate majorclanger100's Avatar

Cagger since
    Sep 2006

Power2contact are part of the Crucible Group - also includes Credit Solutions (in my view the biggest bunch of a***holes in the DCAicon industry - and of course they've got some serious competition ). Their motto is 'building stronger customer relations' - ha, ha, ha....

Certainly I'd ignore them, hedgehog.

WOOLWICH -S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07
    LBA sent for non-compliance with Data Protection Act 28/04/07

ABBEY - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 03/03/07 8)
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder Dancingbell Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

Question Re: Power 2 contact Ltd

HI, I just got a lovely yellow christmas card!!!! just like you all have said the only thing is that today is 7th and the card was posted on 3rd hence he should have come 2 days ago.8)

Also is it just me or is the surname of the protential person the same as yours?????????

Basic Account Holder olliepup Novitiate

Cagger since
    Dec 2007

I had a card fro them and i sent in a official complaint to them and the company that hired them as the card was free for anyone to read had my reference number on and was in breach of OFT rules.

Got a snotty letter back 8 weeks later and the DCAicon didn't know why they were contacted, think they are under the same roof as CSL.

Basic Account Holder ianrunci Novitiate

Cagger since
    Jan 2008
    I am in
    Manchester

I recieved one of these little yellow cards with an appointment with a Mr J White (how original)

power 2 Contact are indeed under the same roof as CSL and are probably a subsiduary of the same company.

They rang my wife yesterday and she compained that no one had turned up for the appointment their rep said we were lucky as it was the baliffs that were coming round. Odd that considering the debt has never reached court, they must think we were all born yesterday.

I don't think the card contravenes the Data Protection Act but I have enquired with the Information Commissioners Office just in case. I have also reported their behaviour the the OFT although I doubt any action will be taken.

I have sent them a snotty letter regarding their actions and will wait now to hear back from them. They breached their own guidelines set out on their website too Credit Solutions

Ian

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare Authoritative Having_A_Knightmare's Avatar

Cagger since
    Jun 2007
    I am in
    Zippys Back!!!!!

you could do with recording the telephone callsicon when they are threaterning you with the baliffs. Would make a good claim for harasment.

HAK

Cagger since
    Jan 2008
    I am in
    Manchester

Quote Originally Posted by Having_A_Knightmare View Post
    you could do with recording the telephone callsicon when they are threaterning you with the baliffs. Would make a good claim for harasment.

HAK
    Not sure I would have the equipment nor the knowledge how to record a telephone conversation, besides which isn't it illegal to do that without their permission?

Ian

Platinum Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a donation
    sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1 Authoritative sillygirl1's Avatar

Cagger since
    Mar 2007

When they answer they tell you they are recording the conversation for training purposes - tell them in return you are recording the conversation - it ISNT illegal to do that provided you state it at the beginning and not halfway through.

Cagger since
    Jan 2008
    I am in
    Manchester

But how would I do it? I don't have a speakerphone and I have no idea how to wire up some kind of recorder to the phone, I am afraid I am a confirmed technophobe

Ian

Basic Account Holder ssuzi17 Novitiate

Cagger since
    Apr 2008

I have received a little yellow card today (Thursday) saying they will call on Wednesday, it doesn't say which Wednesday and it doesn't say whether it will be by phone or in person. Has anyone ever received a visit from these people?

Cagger since
    Jan 2008
    I am in
    Manchester

Quote Originally Posted by ssuzi17 View Post
    I have received a little yellow card today (Thursday) saying they will call on Wednesday, it doesn't say which Wednesday and it doesn't say whether it will be by phone or in person. Has anyone ever received a visit from these people?
    No its just a fright tactic. Ignore it and write to them and tell them you will only deal by written correspondance.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13
1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Viewing CAG on a small screen? Switch to the mobile version of the site

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE