• Tweets

• Hi all. Apologies for the delay. I was writing the timeline out, taking a while as I was checking everything against emails etc… then suddenly today the parcel started tracking again and appears to be magically found and back enroute.    I’ll post up the tracking info screenshots in a sec which kinda summarises the timeline - during the multiple “Enquiry Raised” events there was a lot of emails (most of which were ignored by Evri) before they finally admitted it was lost. And yet now it is back enroute. Utterly unbelievable 🤦🏻‍♂️ So no letter before claim has been drafted just yet…
    • You can SAR them again, to check.   If: a) they dealt with it as a complaint, b) stated that their response was a final response, c) noted that you could escalate it to FOS (and had 6 months in which to do so), and d) Didn’t say “we will waive our right to have to grant permission after 6 months”  Them : you can still take it to FOS but FOS would have to obtain their permission to review it outside of the 6 months (and that seems unlikely)  https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/businesses/resolving-complaint/before-get-involved#:~:text=These time limits are%3A,they had cause to complain)  
    • I just checked the last email from them that I printed out.  It was directing me to a link to files as part of a data SAR (which I never called my request; they did). The email says the link would expire in 3 months.  Now my computer crashed later in 19.  I lost a lot of info. I need to check storage for old hard-drives to see if I downloaded and saved whatever info was in the link.   I have 1 other printed out email from my friend who was a broker. It was dated apx 6w after my first email to broker.  Friend was telling me what to include in a letter to compliance dept.  I don't have a printed copy of my letter - so can't remember if was entitled formal complaint - or their reply.   Will check storage later.  If I have anything useful I will post
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HFC BANK and Restons Solicitors forced me into a CCJ now i can't get a mortgage, plea

happyalf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello i had the same sort of problem with the exact 2 same companies extra charges from Restons a CCJ &to top it offan Attachment Of Earnings.

I told them that iwas forming a plan with the CCCS they didn''nt care.

So i know how you feel i will be trying myself to find out what can be done if i get any details i will certainly let you know.

Regards Alan

Hi Everyone

I am in EXACTLY the same boat with the mighty tag team that is HFC/Restons.

I was in a DMP with Payplan for the last 18mths or so but as I lost my job at Xmas, I missed one payment (Payplan knew about it all and advised creditors) and so whilst my other creditors were supportive as it was only one payment, Restons slapped a CCJ on there!!

To add insult to injury, a guy from HFC then rang and advised me that to stop "anything bad happening" on my account, I needed to pay them £27. Like you, I gave them my card number so I amk definitely going to keep an eye on them.

I have since offered a FF settlement of £40k on £75k debt (3 creditors), needless to say Restons are the only ones opposing it and they are my second largest creditor. They want a charging order and so are ignoring everything else...

I'm going to CCA them just to cause as much hassle as they do. I doubt they'll have their stuff in order :evil:

Restons slapped a CCJ on there!!

.....They want a charging order and so are ignoring everything else...

I'm going to CCA them just to cause as much hassle as they do. I doubt they'll have their stuff in order :evil:

Was the CCJ issued for you to pay instalments? If it was and you keep up with these then they can't take futher enforcement action against you ( e.g. applying for a Charging Order ) unless you have defaulted on the CCJ ( sometimes they may have been given leave to by DJ & hybrid orders can come into play but this is a tricky area ).

Or did you get a 'forthwith' judgement saying the whole amount was payable?

Blimey - they're buggers aren't they?

In answer to responses from you all - my CCJ was just installments. Luckily the judge said that the amount of money I was paying was fine so they didn't get any more money each month than they had before. Re the CO situation, I know they aren't meant to get CO's placed if the CCJ has been kept to but they don't seem to mind trying this lot - Payplan said they have had several cases where HFC have been successful in getting CO's where there has been no breach. They seem to do this to people like me who they dislike because I write letters about them to HFC. I do this because my equity is only £30k and my debt to HFC £28k - I am hoping on on an overall debt of £77k where Lloyds are actually my majority creditor that a judge would decree a CO unfair to others and so I will persist with my letters to them.

I too worry about their underhanded conduct, primarily because of this one event. Luckily, the people at HFC are angry about this and so I have made an official complaint about them:

Following my CCJ, my I&E changed as mortgage and council tax increased. Also, my old job came with a fully expensed car whereas now I am paying for my own fuel. In order to avoid having to reduce my payments, my partner and I decided to remortgage for an extra £40k to offer as settlement of the debts (none of these debts are his by the way). This meant HFC would get about £16k back on their £28k debt (about £3k of which is charges but that's another issue).

Restons did indeed offer this to HFC who said it was too low. Restons came back and told me to just carry on making payments as normal. Then however HFC called me direct asking why I didn't want to accept their counteroffer which was a settlement of £21k. I of course had no idea about this as Restons hadn't told me. I told HFC that I was under the impression that Restons had a separate agenda here (CO's) and that I felt this to be unethical and unlawful for them to withold information of this nature. HFC have asked me to make an official complaint which I am currently gathering information for.

I also plan to contest charges under CCA just to further muddy the water - any further action Restons plan will surely have to be put on hold if the debt is in any way in dispute. The CCJ came about before all the charge refunds started getting going so the county court advisor said I could apply for a "variation order" on the debt. There'll be a hearing etc but I doubt Restons/HFC have their side well enough in order to cope...

...best of luck. I'll keep you informed as to my progress

• 4 weeks later...

I can really sympathise with you guys. My husband had a Flexible Loan Account and when we got into money troubles back in 2000, we went to Baines & Ernst debt management. Every other creditor agreed to the payments offered by Baines & Ernst on our behalf, except for HFC. They took our payments of £32 per month for two years, whilst slapping a £15 admin fee every single month :-x until finally they agreed to shut down that account and take out a new loan with a payment of £32. Even then, they took more in admin charges then they should have and then didn't administer our transactions properly. They've got until Tuesday and then I'm filing :D :D :D Hopeless

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps we should all travel to Restons head office in Warrington with placards and march up and down in silence outside to raise awareness of their underhanded tactics with the local community and also inform the local myor and press. We could also do the same at HFC Head Office. Anyone interested?

Hello,

Subscribing:D

I am also up against they bullies HFC/Restons GGGggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr:-x

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I'm another that's being taken to the cleaners by HFC Restons. They've already got one CO on me and are tryuing for another on a second loan that I was talked into taking out to sort out the first debt.

Requested CCA from Restons and they've produced, did a SAR on both accounts at HFC and have got stuff from 1st account, but nothing on the second as yet, about 25 days gone. The 1st bunch of stuff is a right mess about 7 pages of codes to decipher their sheets and still hard to make any sense from it. Also said that they didn't keep records of automatically generated letters??? and I seem to have taken out unemployment protection on the account, which surely must have been actioned when I lost my job(I did tell them)? Any ideas how to check this out?

Check all transactions very carefully, because my experience is that they can't add up and they took too much money from me. What sort of codes do you have on your lists?

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

• 9 months later...

Hi Guys

These guys are TOTAL ****.

I for the first time in my life got into difficulties (sickness / jobs being off shored etc etc) with a Marbles Credit card -- debt around 9,000 GBP.

These Restons SCUMBAGS issued a CCJ and a Charging order within about 6 weeks. Can they really repossess your house for a 9,000 GBP debt when there isn't any CCA on the credit card saying your house is liable if you can't keep the payments up.

I'm a 63 year old pensioner who will eventually sort this out --but I can't beleve thes SCUMBAGS issuing CCJ's like confetti and trying to go to court within 6 weeks -- even people having mortgage difficulties get a few months to attempt to sort out payments.

Anyway if you have to deal with Restons put on the top of your envelope in HUGE BOLD TYPE

" Hey Hey --we're Restons OK --So how many Pensioners can we screw up today"

and also send a complaint to EVERY person in the firm who'se listed in the typical list of names a Solicitors letter usually has (partners etc etc).

Also ask for a VAT invoice and breakdown of the charges -- how can the SCUMBAGS charge over 1200 GBP for 10 minutes of work etc and also write a note to EVERY member of the firm something like this

" It's great to see the legal profession spending so much time and energy in trying to eveict a 63 year old pensioner who for the first time in a long working life has got into difficulties with a credit card due to circumstances totally unforseen by Off shoring jobs etc etc.

I'm sure you guys went to law school just to study how to evict pensioners from their homes without even allowing them to sell the property on the open market or screw them up so they are forced to sell at around 30 - 50 % less than they could get privately.

What total pitiful examples of a human beings you must be even by the dubious standards of your profession which still allows criminals to walk the streets but hassles pensioners with CCJ's issued like confetti.

I'm surprised that you not only can sleep in your beds at night -- but that you actually reach them in one piece -- you should look at the hollywood movie Falling Down which just shows what happens when total Scumbags like you push normal people beyond what is normally acceptable.

I will of course will be making an official complaint about your totally excessive charges and the next time you send any threatening letters I ll pass this over to my own "fixers" with a view to making a suit against you on the gounds of causing me total and unnatural stress.

I am quite prepared to deal with the default credit card amount -- BUT NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WITH YOU GUYS EVER AGAIN.

As I believe HFC bank is a totally 100% owned subsidiary of HSBC bank -- I'm quite happy for a re-concilliation officer from that organisation to deal with this matterwhich can be resolved I'm sure quite amicably --SO LONG AS YOU ARE OUT OF THE LOOP.

Any further communication from you SCUMBAGS will be totally ignored.

If the matter does go to court again the court is not likely to enforce your stupid order if other assets are available to clear the debt. "

Cheers

Jimbo

Hi

we had the same problem. we had to remortgage our house to get them off our back. its a long story and i will bore you with it. to cut a long story short . 4000 cost us in the end nearly 15000 .it makes me sick every time i think about it.

Well i am fighting back. wrote endless complaint letters to them. did this in dec 07 informed them i was mis-sold by their company and i want a full settlement figure on how they reached that figure(never got one-) and i also want compensation for the high intrest i now get charged because of them. and also for harasment i got from them.

We kept getting fobbed off by them so our complaint is now in the hands of the Fincial omsdbusman. so fingers crossed we might get some joy.

• 2 months later...

In the same boat Restons have NO SIGNED CCA but started court action against me......total ****... I just hope the judge with ruke in my favour.........

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all -- eventually via several courts got an order for 125 GBP per month -- I still said this was too much and couldn't pay as I had NO money (self employed and out of contract).

These a**holes then tried to threaten me with an official "Bailiff's" note --I returned this to the litiigation lawyers saying "I think some sexual moves with Ducks might be in order".

Got a few weeks ago another letter with the standard Court Bailiff spiel "A van has been booked to turn up at your address" Please pay before xxxx date.

I just said -- Come on and try it --Nothing in the property is mine and any spare cash I have is locked into ICESAVE which I won't get back for a while.

Nothing heard back yet.

It's DISGUSTING that banks can get billions from TAXPAYERS but if you lose your job you can get royally screwed up by these "Glorified Loan sharks".

Remember also it was New Labour (not the Tories) who actually increased the power of the Bailiffs.

Cheers

-J

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE :D I am Finally FREE from Restons and Hfc for good,The Attachment has ENDED i no longer have to worry.

My hours at work have dropped and there have even been Redundancies but i now feel as if i have had a PayRise of £139.52 a Month.

How i have long for this Day i never again want Loans or Finance i have Learnt how People are Treated.

When will there be Help for Genuine struggling People, Thats all that is needed HELP not Hassle and Pressure.

My new outlook is Save for what i want pay Cash No more Banks or Loan Companies.

I dont hate the People who took me to court,They were only doing their Job i would say get a Job which Improves Life.

:D Goodbye Restons

• 2 months later...

hi there well i just want to say it sounds like these guys have been very busy indeed riping people off as i have got the same problem also when i took out credit with hfc i was in recipt of income support and i could afford repayments then my money stopped and i fell behind, they then sent my out standing debt to restons who have been nothing but hasstle ever since the woman i speak to is snotty and not understanding at all. i fell behind also with the payment plan i had set up as my house got broken into and all bank cards and purse was stolen i also have a two year old,and am exspecting my 2nd baby very soon the woman keeps ringing me at all times of day and night hasstlein me for money, i cant pay you if i have no bank cards or money can i i said she didnt care she also didnt care i had a baby to feed,i told her when she rang last that i had no money for her as my daughter comes first bills come second she didnt like that. hfc and restons are nothing but scumbags to put it politely and i think everyone who has had trouble from them should take them to watch dog and shame them and there behaviour on telly see what they have to say then

• 2 months later...

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

• 4 months later...
Hello,

I have found it hard to find somewhere to get good advice, as even solicitors have been no help.

My (condensed) situation is this:

I bought a computer on credit with Dixons 4 years ago, when i was working part time. Consequently i was bombarded by mail and phone calls from HFC Bank (who financed the credit) to get more credit from them. Stupidly i agreed an appointment, had to visit their branch and was sold a £5000 loan with extra payment protection and insurance that bumped the total cost up to over £10,000.

Now i'm not an idiot but when i went along i thought it was so i could clear my computer payments and maybe get a little more in way of a loan.

Instead i was pressured into a higher loan amount with all the extras sold on top and told it was in my best interests as it would consolidate all my other debts.

Not very sound finacial advice at all.

I came away almost instantly regretting what had happened but was told i could not go back on the decision as the cheques were issued and given to me at the branch and the loan was now in force.

I managed to keep up monthly repayments of £150 but as i was working part time and needed to stay alive i had to default.

HFC were not very understanding and immediately defaulted my loan and passed it to Restons Solicitors.

I then got into more financial hardship and defaulted on future payments and was consequently issued with a court summons by Restons.

I called them immediatley and was told if i signed a consent order they would send by fax then i could avoid the matter going to court.

This was my biggest worry as i was trying to get a mortgage with my girlfriend and didn't want a CCJ against me.

I signed the consent order in a panic as i was told i had no other option.

Now the consent order was for £11,500 approx (On A loan of £5000!!!).

Once i had done that the court hearing was stopped like they said but now they had cajoled me into signing an agreement on a massively over inflated figure - so basically i've been robbed blind.

I contested this through HFC complaints department and was stalled and stalled, whereupon i informed them i would not be keeping up repayments until i was given a fair and proper hearing.

I've since been to court now and forced to pay £50 a month and because Restons have been very underhanded and ruthless they have also slapped a CCJ on me for £12,300 (costs and all).

Consequently i've still not been given a fair represention of why i should owe so much and nobody at any of these companies has treated me fairly, they have basically got m under a contract that i never wanted and added multiple charges, interest etc and have basically screwed me and i can't do a thing a about it. Sorry this is long and drawn out but please is there any body out htere who can help, i WOULD LIKE TO GET A CASE AGAINST THEM WHERE I GET THE DEBT (AND MY CREDIT FILE) EITHER BROUGHT DOWN TO A FAIR AMOUNT OR WIPED OUT COMPLETELY.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Apply to the courts to have the ccj overturned explaining that restons and HFC are in default of your request for a copy of the CCA ...if you go down to your County Court with documents and explain why you are applying to have it overturned the staff will normally be very helpful.

I was fortunate and we reached a settlement in my favor before judgment day... Restons and HFC are the **** of the earth.

I would never have credit again and if ppl had the good sense to give these loan sharks a wide birth the would go under.

These **** bags are plugged into the retail market and credit highway.

Good luck with your case.

Abbey Settled 3,600:cool:

Just started battle with

EGG

Virgin CC

Abbey

MBNA

• 3 weeks later...

Unless you requested the loan company IN WRITING to cancel your future payments they are entitled to take their money,also look into the possibility that you were mis-sold the ppi i.e. they said you must have it,also regardless whether the cheque was paid out to you ,you still have by law an average of 14 days cooling off period,if you were told this was not so then they are in breach of the law,try the citizens advice taking as much evidence as you can find,or if you are a council tenant their financial advisor

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4525 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks