Mortgage protection Insurance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6087 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wrote to my bank on 21/04/07, to tell them that essentially they had made a serious error with my Protection insurance.

In 2004 when we bought our new property, the mortgage was extended so payments went up.Yet they didnt cancel the old policy so two payments were going out per month.

Then in 2005 we were doing some work to house and again extended mortgage, so this payment instead of starting in Feb 2005 began in July 2005.

Payments going out for 2004 mortgage and 2005 mortgage protection

a mounts.

Then get this from July 2005 they have taken 2005 potection amounts twice per month.

I detailed this in a schedule to bank plus 8% stat interest.

They are apparently still investigaing this.

I have requested that they refund ALL payments made since Feb 2004 when things started to go wrong since it was incumbent on them acting as my intermediaries to ensure the correct payment was made.

This has caused me to go overdrawn on occasions and incurred a referral fee for paying the policy.

The guy in the bank asked me why I hadn't noticed this error before now/

Well I retorted it is not my responsibilty to spot your mistakes, it is yours not to make them in the first place.You receive a yearly income from the fact that you act as my intermediary on this matter, therfeore it is incumbent on you to sort out any errors propmptly as per you customer complaint leaflet.

That was three weeks ago, any advice gratefully accepted

• 3 months later...