Passing information to 3rd parties (CRA's)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6165 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

When you enter into a contract, with regard to giving your consent for Company X to disclose information to CRA's etc, does the actual agreement that you sign have to mention the fact that you agree to the disclosure of your information, or, is it ok for the contract to say something along the lines of.

'I have read the 'Use of Personal Information' section of the terms and conditions and consent to the use and disclosure of such information.'

Thanks

GE Money S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 21/11/06. Responded 01/12/06. Prelim sent 05/12/06 £406. Response 12/12/06- **SETTLED IN FULL** (£396)

HSBC S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued 05/12/06. NO charges in last 6 years.

Lowell CCA issued 21/11/06. Further reminder sent 8/12/06. Now commited criminal offence no response.

Capital One S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 08/12/06 Responded 03/01/07-Prelim Sent 16/01/07. LBA issued 06/02/07- N1 served 07/03/07- acknowledged 14/03/07.

Scotcall CCA issued 16/01/07. Criminal offence committed.

HFC Prelim sent 16/01/07. LBA sent- Final Correspondance issued with time limit of 29/03/07.

IMO it would be fine for the contract to say this. However, I await correction from those more knowledgeable!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Yep - that would be allowed, as the onus remains with the customer to check that this off-contract addition was read in conjunction with the primary one. Of course, the firm would dream of modifying the terms of the 'Personal Information' sub-section so that what you read and what it was changed to wouldn't apply! It's always best to take a copy of everything that was pertinent AT THE TIME, as it helps your case if action is required later.