Norwich Union Taped Interview is this evidence ???in the court???

looser01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car was stolen when parked on Sunday on day my off, the taped interview was taken at my work place by one of the Lady from Norwich Union Staff, after 3 weeks when the courtesey car was asked to be collected from me!, i then told what happened on the day when the car was stolen, (as i went out to visit my friends and familly and only to come back to car where i parked, the car was not there /stolen no glass breakage and it may have been lifted by the thief??.

Can Norwichunion without any evidence of car not recovered and say i used it for business purpose and am penalised or may have lied to them on the phone interview due to my car was parked near to my work place!, and therefore they can say we have tape interview from you saying that you parked your car near to your work place and therfore i have breached the terms and conditions as private user of car and used the car on Sunday on My Day off as business user of the policy.

I went as far as the financial Ombudsment and they refered back to me that the Norwich Union's decision if final and can not help me .

I now need to send LBA to their decision maker / recovery department / litigation etc etc. and take them to court.

I thank you all in advance for any help

Regards

looser01

• 3 weeks later...

I'm moving your thread to the insurance forum as others may be able to offer advice if you need it.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

The bit about you breaching the terms seems a bit off to me. What do they expect? That you leave your car home all the time?

For them to reject the claim on that basis, it would have to be a fundamental breach. I would not have considered this fundamental.

It has been a while since I last worked in insurance. Why did the ombudsman refer you back? Did you exhaust the complaint procedure for Norwhich Union? The Ombudsman will only get involved if you have.

Hopefully someone with more recent insurance knowledge will advise better.

As for using the tape in court, it is for the court to decide whether it is admissible or not depending on the circumstances.

Looser,

You need to clarify what has happened as your post doesn't read too clearly. My understanding is this:-

1. Your car was stolen after you had parked it somewhere, having driven there on your day off from work.

2. Norwich Union supplied a courtesy car but you eventually had to return it.

3. Norwich Union interviewed you.

4. Norwich Union have turned down your claim because they believe you were using it for business purposes, which you were not covered for on your policy.

5. You have complained to the Ombudsman but they have referred you back to NU.

As I understand it, the Ombudsman will only look at a matter once you have exhuasted NU's complaints procedure. Have NU contacted you and given you a "final response"?