Car insurance problems

ash4197
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all

This is my first post and here it goes.

A few weeks ago on the 16/4/07 my Toyota Landcruiser was broken into but nothing was taken.

They tried to take the stereo but did not and in the process damaged the Dash board, the wood surround, the window was tinted and when they smashed this the leather seat was damaged and so was the leater door card.

Now my insurance Lioyds TSB said the car will be colleted and taken away for an estimate and hope fully repaired.

A few days later I got a call from the insurance engineer (Lioyds TSB) to say that if they repair the seat and the door card it will not match the rest of the car as it's an 1997 (P) reg and would not match the other trim and they would repair the rest of the damage and give me £200 which they did so I can repair it in my own time.

Now today I got a phone call from the repair centre (UK Assitance) that the wood trim cannot be sourced and they would put on a cheaper black trim and return the car to me and it's there job done.

I have said to them the wood trim is a standard part and should be available and the resaon I took the £200 was that the rest of the car will be repaired.

Can I say take the £200 back and I want the seat and the door cards repaired as I was told the dash would be repaired and I would get my car back.

Can I do this as UK Assistance have said they will only put the black trim on.

The reason I want the wood trim that is what is the difference from the two models and when I come to sell the car I will loose out.

So Again Can I say take back to £200 which was given for the seat and the door card on the basis the rest of the car will be repaired or wilI just be give the black trim and live with it as I will loose out when coming to sell the car.

Help would be grateful as I am expecting a call from the insurance to discus this and with some back up I can stand up to them.

Ash

Yes, you can reuse the repairs and give the £200. It is all about contractual law. The Insurers they would do the repair as stated and give you £200. They cannot honour the original repair, so the acceptance is null and void.

Your best bet for this, and the Insurance will agree, is for you to get a cash settlement, and if you are any good at repairs, sourcing the parts from a scrap yard. If not, try to find a small local garage that will do this.

Good Luck

Abbey - owed £3260 - Paid up.

Barclays owed £2500 - Paid up.

Halifax, Mint & Egg - next on the hit list

Dont click on the scales - I'm quite proud of my little red dot! - As the little red dot has gone - click away!!!!