• Tweets

• Hi all, We bought a part to fix our washing machine approx 13 months ago direct from the manufacturer of the washing machine via phone. This part then failed 13 months later, as confirmed by their own engineer, who was sent by the manufacturer (who is also the retailer for the part) FoC. The engineer actually installed a replacement part, the machine came back to life, but they then removed the part used for testing (and ours reinstalled) as "we would be charged for it". The retailer are refusing to replace the part, stating that they only warranty parts for 90 days. When I stated that I believed the Consumer Rights Act gives me longer than that, they insinuated that it did not, and this was repeated by many representatives. AIUI for goods bought more than 6 months ago, I need to get an engineers report to confirm the part has failed? Or that it has failed due to manufacturing issues? Or would the companies own engineers report suffice? Also, does anyone have any other decent contact details for Hotpoint (or the Whirlpool group)? Thanks, GH
    • Thank you for that "read me", It's a lot to digest, lots of legal procedure. There was one thing that I was going to mention to you,  but in one of the conversations in that thread it was mentioned that there may be spies on the Forum,  this is something that I've read quite some time ago in a previous thread. What I had in mind was to wait for the thirty days after their reply to my CCA request and then send the unenforceable letter. I was hoping that an absence of signature could be the Silver Bullet but it seems that there are lot of layers to peel on this Onion.  
    • love the extra £1000 charge for confidentialy there BF   Also OP even if they don't offer OOC it doesn't mean your claim isn't good. I had 3 against EVRi that were heard over the last 3 weeks. They sent me emails asking me to discontinue as I wouldn't win. Went infront of a judge and won all 3.    Just remember the law is on your side. The judges will be aware of this.   Where you can its important to try to point out at the hearing the specific part of the contract they breached. I found this was very helpful and the Judge made reference to it when they gave their judgements and it seemed this was pretty important as once you have identified a specific breach the matter turns straight to liability. From there its a case of pointing out the unlawfullness of their insurance and then that should be it.
    • I know dx and thanks again for yours and others help. I was 99.999% certain last payment was over six years ago if not longer.  👍
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Creation Financial Services - Want to know more ?!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All

I have had several people help me on CAG's forums and I thought it time to give a little something back ;-)

I am an ex-employee of Creation Financial Services, well, technically, I am an ex-employee of the 3rd party company that Creation outsource ALL of their operational processes to - legal, call centre, customer service, correspondence, card production, statement production, history and transaction retrieval, projects, fraud. The lot !

I would be happy to share any information with you that you so require or answer any questions you may have. I worked for them for a good few years.

In my personal opinion, they had to be the worst employer I have ever worked for but that aside, (as it is technically irrelevant,) I am surprised that this company can continue to trade. The entire organsiation is a shambles and the FSA would have a FIELD day should it choose to audit it's compliance.

I hope I can help. Let me know.

Best regards

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! I had an account with them which is now closed. Wondering how I can get details of my Account etc. Their rates and late payment charges were ridiculous. Any help would be very grateful.

Andy

ANDY VS ABBEY 23rd April 2007 -

'Don't get mad, get even'

'Patience is a virture'

• 7 months later...

my wife had astore ard with theme which she found hard to pay of

by the time i found out about it they were demanding 800 pound

the actual bill was 150 its been pased on to lowell financial ltd

im wondering wether to ask for statments so as to claim late

payments back an advice plz

£800!!!!! That is certainly worth asking for statements. Even with 8% interest when/if you file at court will make a real dent in what your wife owes.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/ will give you all the letters you need. They sent me my statements within a month so not the timewasters some companies are.

It is worth starting your own thread so any help you ask for is in one place making it easier for you and those posting. Go get 'em and all the best, Sally

Andypall. By law they have to keep your records for 6 years (although they probably go back further) so send them the sar letter (see link above) but if you have moved put previous addresses where they have known you in that letter. Just because the account is now closed is not a valid reason for them not to pay out.

But Creation will have your details on file. It is no use asking Lowell for your old records - you need to claim your charges back from Creation.

If you, hypothetically, wanted to make an extra payment to creation I bet they would have no problem locating your account. By advice still stands as above.

my problem with creation was regarding protection payments they just added them to my account not long after it started. i found statments from 2003 and it was on there do not every remember signing up or recieving any documents about it. I have had to write to cancel it only noticed it now because im paying more in insurance then in intrest and anyone you knows them they are chargeing 30.9% at min. have now writen asking for monies back by stating i was not only misold it but didnt agree to it hoping to get a refund also sent them a SAR to see what they have been charging is there anyway i can get anything back other than late charges.

• 2 weeks later...

RE : babygirl10873

Hello babygirl10873. The PPI insurance you are mentioning has been cracked down on by the FSA and the new regulations state that ALL credit applications must have a SEPERATE signature for acceptance of insurance.

Unfortunately for you (and many others!) before this amendment was made it was acceptable for a single ticked box to indicate the consumers acceptance of insurance.... obviously to increase sales figures store assistants were possibly able to tick this box (on your behalf!) without telling you how it will effect you or even after you have signed!.

If you have already sent off your S.A.R then hopefully you have recieved a reply by now. Check to see if they have included a copy of your application with your request (as they are required to do.) If they have not sent this to you then your next steps should be;

1 - call their call centre and ask to speak to their insurance department (try to avoid lunch time as their insurance dept is not very large) or write to their customer care department.

2 - request that either they send a copy of the original agreement to prove your acceptance of insurance or if they are unable to do so refund the same as obviously they have no proof.

3 - If they ARE able to provide the agreement still look closely and check if there is anything you feel is unusual (is the tick accepting insurance made in a different pen?, did you fill out all other sections of the form and the ticked insurance box is noticibly different?, etc...)

Always try to push that little bit further if you can when disputing and if all else fails put it into writing again to their customer care department

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Magictorch

Would like to say it's nice to see someone from 'The Dark Side' helping for a change :D

Was wondering if you could give me an idea of who Creation are? ie. which store/credit cards do they own, or do they collect on behalf of others? The reason I ask is I received a demand from Mackenzie Hall this morning re Creation, and the ref no they're using is 16 digits so appears to be a card number of some sort, and I have to say number seems vaguely familiar! But I haven't had any sort of card for probably over 10 years other than the card I currently use and pay off in full every month.

Don't really want to CCA them unless I have to. If I had an idea of who/what this is for may just be able to send statute barred letter straight away.

Thanks for any help you can give

• 2 weeks later...

Heya, the thread you are refering to was started by someone with a similar alias, I simply jumped on the bandwagon as we both seem to be ex-employees.

To answer your question;

creation manage store cards for selfridges, brantano, mkone, faith, ann summers. as well as others which I now cannot recall.

Credit cards managed by them include adams, jjb sports, football club mastercards (such as everton, wba, etc...) as well as credit cards for several mail order catalogues which I forget the name of now. they also have their own brand "duet" mastercards which come in several varieties.

Note that the JJB card is a mastercard and no longer a storecard. Creation still manage the old storecards however new jjb accounts are mastercards.

The 16-digit account number quoted by mackenzie hall can help you work out whether it is a storecard or mastercard (6319 - store, 53xx - master) and if you speak to someone with experience at creation (ask to speak to a supervisor) they should (usually) be able to tell you from the first few numbers the "brand" of card. please don't give them a hard time if they can't though :) if it's a really old brand it could be hard to remember!

From working with creation my reccomendation with this account would be to either;

1. speak to mackenzie hall and request details/statements for the account as anyone you speak to on the phone at creation will only be able to advise you to do the same.

2. write to creations customer care dept and request the same - I cannot guarantee that this will be helpful though as I do not know if they are able to do anything.

hope this helps!

• 2 months later...

Hi

Pls could i get some advice.

Creation have contacted me today re: a debt they claim is owed. I bought some leather sofa's from Land of Leather in April 06 and was due to make a payment in full prior to 16th April 07 so that I would not be liable to any interest charges.

I made a cheque payment prior to the 16/4/07 but for some reason it dod not reach creation, i therefore sent another cheque for the full amount that was sent but arrived a few days after the payment date on the agreement. I was told over the phone that this was ok and it would not cause any problems.

I have today recieved a call from creation saying that i have arrears on my account of £2900. I said that i had made full payment and that I was not made at anypoint of any arrears. The person on the phone said they had sent me a letter but i had not received this and that's why they have contacted me today, a year after they recieved and banked the payment!

Could someone please provide me some advice? I was told over the phone that I would recieve a letter within the next 7 days demanding payment in full or the debt will be reffered to bailiffs.

I think you need to write straight away and tell them this story exactly as you have told us. If you get no joy, send them a SAR - that should show the payment going in. Don't talk to them on the phone. These companies raraly keep promises made on the phone because they either don't record it or the people in collections don't refer to the computer file before taking action. Get everything in writing.

• 1 month later...

It appears that they have now been rebranded as Laser UK, and their structure appears to be a joint venture between BNP-Paribas and Galeries Lafayette Group. One of their store cards is the DUET network.

I have to say that I'm a satisfied DUET cardholder! But having had various storecards in the past, I can imagine how things can turn nasty.

• 4 weeks later...

magictorch,..

im sorry to jump on the bandwagon, but i was wondering if you could provide any information on the buy now pay later contract that creation finance (formerly open and direct) operate.

i was stung by the fact that i wasnt told there wouldnt be a reminder to pay, therefore i payed a rediculous amount of money after the deadline had passed??

Am thinking about passing this to the FOS to look over. its an old issue now but one that still beggars belief!

all info greatly appreciated.

cougar

Lloyds TSB Acc Charges - Settled 08/02/2007:D

Alliance & leicester - PPI Removed from loan :)

Lloydstsb Credit Card PPI - Getting both barrels now:wink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Magic,

I have an issue with PPI on an account i hold with Creation, I wont bore you with the details but one point which concerns me is that Creation were not regulated by the FSA when the policy was administered in 2004.

Do you know who they were regulated by prior to the FSA or in fact how i may find out. I think it was the FLA but i want to be 100%.

Thanks

MC

• 2 months later...

Hello

I have been receiving bills from this company but i am never able to get anyone to answer the phones. i am unable to pay via internet because the website they provided does not exist. I cant pay by posting a cheque because they will never recieve it before Christmas and i will be charged £20. On phoning the computerized voice asked for my card details and now they are going to charge me another late fee. What should i do?

Rachel

Dear All

I have had several people help me on CAG's forums and I thought it time to give a little something back ;-)

I am an ex-employee of Creation Financial Services, well, technically, I am an ex-employee of the 3rd party company that Creation outsource ALL of their operational processes to - legal, call centre, customer service, correspondence, card production, statement production, history and transaction retrieval, projects, fraud. The lot !

I would be happy to share any information with you that you so require or answer any questions you may have. I worked for them for a good few years.

In my personal opinion, they had to be the worst employer I have ever worked for but that aside, (as it is technically irrelevant,) I am surprised that this company can continue to trade. The entire organsiation is a shambles and the FSA would have a FIELD day should it choose to audit it's compliance.

I hope I can help. Let me know.

Best regards

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks