RBS Charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, My daughter has been whacked £250 charges for using her switch card while her account was overdrawn. She used it twice, each time the purchase was approx £5.00. She phoned to complain and was told that the charges were levied by a loan company used by RBS. So, she phoned them and got the 'brush off'. I'm now taking up the case on her behalf but don't know who to go after. Is it RBS or the loan company? I think it's RBS, any advice? Thanks Ron

It must be RBS assuming that the account is still in use

Sounds like they are trying to fob you off. What was the breakdown of the charges?

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

Thanks fairbank.

Not sure, but so far as I know at the moment (seeing daughter at weekend for details!) she went overdrawn on her current account, then used Switch card for a couple of £5-£6 purchases and was charged £125 each time.

wow!

Seems excessive to me. The bank need to provide a breakdown and a V good reason for their charges on this one. Bon chance!

The corner has become much easier to approach. At long last I am able to start to look behind and see those left behind!

Ron, can you be a bit more specific?

What were the two payments for and why on earth is a loan company levying charges against your daughters bank account? What have they got to do with the payments?

Is there anything you haven't mentioned?

If my post has been useful, tip my scales and let me know

Always start with the User guide!

Stuck with RBS charges? Click here!!

RBS CA1 £2794 SETTLED!!! RBS CA2 £503 SETTLED!!! HBOS CC £498 SETTLED!!! Barclaycard £705 (with CCI) ONGOING!!! NATWEST CA ONGOING!!! LLOYDS CA x 2, CC, LOAN ONGOING!!! HFC LOAN ONGOING!!!

My daughter had something similiar with the Abbey. She was confused over a direct debit which over a period of about 3 months cost her around £200.

Got some back but not all