Late payments/Arrangement to Pay - Removal from credit file

Abuneri
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6040 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have the following on my Experian Credit record:

Lloyds Credit card - 1 late payment - Sept 06

Barclaycard - 1 month late - Jan 06

GE Capital Store card 1 - 1 month - Oct 06

GE Capital Store card 2 - 5 months of lates - Jan - Jul 06

Shop Direct Catalogue - 5 months of lates and Arrangement to pay for

May to Aug 06. Account settled and closed in Sept 06, but £355 showing in Delinquent balance.

NTL - 9 payments 1 month late, 4 payments 2months late, 9 payments 3months late for 2003 and preceding years.

I have NO CCJs. But I have had loan applications declined.

Question is can these late payments/arrangement to pay be removed from

my credit file ?

Thanks,

A

Im guessing that your problem is the delinquant balance from Littlewoods. Have they registered a default on the account?

How did you close the account even though there was a balance still on it? Did you make a partial payment to satisfy?

Im guessing that your problem is the delinquant balance from Littlewoods. Have they registered a default on the account?

How did you close the account even though there was a balance still on it? Did you make a partial payment to satisfy?

Thanks for getting back to me RRodders! Was beginning to wonder if any one out there would help. Cheers.

There is no default registered on my credit file by Kays Lifestyle (Shop Direct), but that the account is under an Arrangement to Pay. I paid off my last balance in November and the account is now fully settled.

So my question is that is it possible to get these arrears indicators removed from my credit file for both currently active accounts and for closed/settled accounts (such as Vodafone which I closed on 6/3/05 but still shows up on my credit file)?

Your advice will be most appreciated as I am keen to improve my credit record ahead of a full mortage application.

Thanks,

Abs.

• 4 months later...

A County Court Judgement results from a court action by a creditor (a person or company to whom you owe money) that says you have failed to make payments on a debt to them. The County Court will make an order that you must repay the debt and this will then be listed on your credit record. In Scotland a CCJ is known as a “Decree” and are issued by the small claims and summary causes sheriff courts.

All judgement, decree and administration order data is supplied to the credit reference agencies by Registry Trust Ltd., the non profit organisation that operates the registry in the UK: http://www.registry-trust.org.uk

If you receive a new CCJ, you have one calendar month in which to pay the amount in full before the CCJ becomes registered. If you are unable to pay the amount in full straight away you can pay it at a later date. However even paid CCJs will still remain on your credit record for 6 years but potential lenders will be able to see that you have paid the debt. If you have paid your CCJ you should apply to the court where your case was heard for a Certificate of Satisfaction. This will cost you £10.

default notice

If you have a personal loan or credit card and you fail to make the payments the creditor must issue you a “default notice” before they take legal action. A default normally occurs when the terms of a credit agreement have not been met and the account is 3-6 months in arrears. Under the terms of the Consumer Credit Act of 1974 the default notice should state:

• Name and address of the creditor issuing the notice and your name and address
  • The type of the agreement and details of how they think you have breached the agreement
  • An early settlement figure
  • The actions that you need to take to comply with the agreement
  • The next action that the creditor intends to take in the event that you can’t comply with the agreement. Usually you will have at least 7 days to comply.

The creditor can start court proceedings if you do not comply with the default notice and this can lead to the registering of a County Court Judgement. The default will be registered on your credit file and will show the date that you broke the relevant term of the credit agreement, the amount owed at the time the term was broken (the default) and the amount still owed to that account. This will remain on your credit file for 6 years.